Scheduled Arriving After Midnight

For my summer vacation to Thailand, I have the days timed out to exactly 60 days to match my visa (tourist – 60 days). I know the arrival day counts as 1, so I have to leave 59 days (not 60) after arriving.

I have a choice on flights to arrive on, one arrives at 10:05 PM, and the other arrives t 12:05 AM (just after midnight). So if I take the later flight, I can actually go to Thailand a day earlier and not overstay my visa. For example, instead of arriving July 2 at 10:05 PM, I arrive July 2 at 12:05 AM (the same day but the night before).

Or can I….

I searched and found information from a few years ago where if you arrive at 11:45 PM and cross immigration at 12:30 AM, you get stamped the day before (based on day of plane's arrival). I even have direct experience that if you are scheduled to arrive at 11:45 PM, but plane is delayed for actual arrival at 12:30 AM, you get stamped the day before (based on scheduled arrival time and date).

All of the posted information seems to involve people getting stamped the day before. I never found any information or experience for what it took to actually get the next day's stamp when arriving after midnight. Has anyone really arrived at 12:05 AM and gotten the stamp for that true date? I mean, maybe midnight isn’t even the time they consider the next day, maybe they consider 1:00 AM the start of the next day since you enter Thai airspace an hour earlier? or maybe 6:00 AM in the morning is the start of the next day? Is schedule arrival time of 12:05 AM enough to get the next days stamp (Oh no, plane will probably arrive early!?!)

I know I could just not time things to closely. My departure date is set firm. And I just want to go as soon as possible. It is fun to try and plan and organize and get it right to the day too.

In case I don’t plan or get some bum luck on the stamps, is a one day overstay still not counted? Do they stamp your visa “overstay” and just not charge you. Is there no charge, no stamp, no problem for a one day overstay.

Thanks,

You will normally receive the current date on entry - which is actually your arrival time. So if you arrive at 0001 on the 7th you will be stamped in on the 7th. In practice stamps may be behind a few minutes but not very long at airport.

Leaving by air the first overstay day is not charged if that is all. If leaving by land or more than one day all will be charged at normal 500 baht per day. You can always extend a tourist visa for an additional 30 days at any time for 1,900 baht if you find out later it will be a longer stay.

Sadly to say I have noticed many of my stamps to be off as many as 3 days. They never really have seemed right and you can never argue with them

I am interested in this, for my album of immigration stamps.

Are you saying that you have arrival stamps in your passport showing an "ADMITTED" date that is 1-3 days earlier or later than the actual arrival date of your flight?