Police

phillies

and the law won...

No, not at all. Both parties (driver and police) where 'winners'. Paying 200 is cheaper and less time consuming than going to the station. I like corruption............And many of you should stop wining that you don't...

Regards, Raggs'

I cannot say I like corruption, but . . . 200 in his pocket OR going to the station . . . just imagine what it would have cost you back home, WHEREVER that is! How can ANYBODY complain? I recently got a photo radar ticket -- 133 kph in an 80 kph zone, fine, 400 ThB (about $13US) pay at post -- back in the good ole U.S., it would have cost well over $1,000US and may well have landed my ass in jail! I love this place!

It wouldn't have cost anything back home. Not having your licence is not a crime; however, you would be expected to produce your licence at a Police Station within a week if requested.

Everybody knows - This is simply the BIB making lazy money on easy targets. If they really cared about upkeep of the law a lot more would be done in other areas of frequent traffic voilations i.e. light jumping, overloaded pickups, unsafe driving, blocking box junctions etc....But enforcing many of these infractions takes too much time and effort for the Police who take the easy and lazy option. It's the hipocracy and imbalance that p!sses people off.

Depends where you live, the law is not the same all over the western world.

Travelling around Thailand, I have been stopped numerous times. Driving to Bangkok is a nightmare as there is always a checkpoint somewhere. Anyway, last time a guy pulled me over and says "You were speeding". I wasn't. I asked, "Show me the evidence". Anyway, back and forth a little, he pointing to the distance, to some imaginary device . I show him my Thai driver's and he checks it out, then flips open his little book and starts doodling, waiting for me to hand over the 200B. Well, I firmly took the license off the pad and put it back in my pocket! Give it back, he asks, repeatedly. NO, I shake my head firmly, NO!. He was so shocked! I refused to give it back to him, just saying, NO to every comment he made. In desperation, he mumbled something, and waved me on.

So, I'll try this ploy again. Show them the license, front and back, clearly and obscured, but DO NOT LET IT OUT OF YOUR HANDS. From then on, just say NO, and stare straight ahead.

I have been looking into common law, lawful rebellion, freeman-on-the-land, and so on. As a freeman, you have the right to travel, on public ways, for non-commercial purposes.

Only if you have a "car", are a "driver", on the "road", with "passengers", then the laws (of the corporation) apply to you. As a freeman, you can "travel" , in an "automobile", on the "common way", with your "guests".

Reclaim your power from the Corporations ("government") by expressing your rights as a freeman, and not a corporate employee.

Your "freeman" stuff is so out to lunch. Western concepts from the Middle Ages plus $2 gets you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

and the law won...

I like corruption............

When it suits you. You won't like it when the unlicensed/uninsured driver hits you because he is able to drive without a license or insurance, or when Lt. Somchai's kid t-bones you drunk, but somehow you end up the one in trouble. There are an unlimited versions of how corruption is causing financial loss and death to innocents. Better just not forget your license, or be prepared to spend the time and money paying it properly. You just feed the system when you pay the tea money. I never have and never will.

It wouldn't have cost anything back home. Not having your licence is not a crime; however, you would be expected to produce your licence at a Police Station within a week if requested.

Depends where you live, the law is not the same all over the western world.

True. Maybe johnnyk knows where the OP is from, but "back home" or me it is certainly illegal, but a very minor offense to not carry it, but that's assuming you actually have one. Usually the cop will not cite you as long as he can check via radio/in-car computer that you are clear and valid. That is what I always did anyway, unless the person was really asking for a ticket. Unless he is Highway Patrol. They cite for everything. AAA with a gun they are. lol