Non Immigrant O Visa

blabla1

Mae Sai is the cheapest and fastest...I just did April 30...took the 8am VIP Green Bus from Bus Station East of the River and was back the same evening...Take a chrisp $10 US and hand to the Mynamar before they suggest 500 baht...I had a late lunch in Burma and hired a motorbike guy to drive me around for an hour and half...fact is you don't even have to cross the bridge into Burma if you don't want to and you could be on the VIP Green Bas back to CM by 7pm.

From the bus station just take the red truck for 15 baht...its safe near the border when your cross or feels that way to me and there is a market east of the border bridge. The VIP Green bus to and from was like 600 bhat...I think the direct buses leave 7 and 8am if you want to do in 12 hours. Hope this helps

Thanks for the info,but you can only get re-entry stamps at Maesai!

Mae Sai is the cheapest and fastest...I just did April 30...took the 8am VIP Green Bus from Bus Station East of the River and was back the same evening...Take a chrisp $10 US and hand to the Mynamar before they suggest 500 baht...I had a late lunch in Burma and hired a motorbike guy to drive me around for an hour and half...fact is you don't even have to cross the bridge into Burma if you don't want to and you could be on the VIP Green Bas back to CM by 7pm.

From the bus station just take the red truck for 15 baht...its safe near the border when your cross or feels that way to me and there is a market east of the border bridge. The VIP Green bus to and from was like 600 bhat...I think the direct buses leave 7 and 8am if you want to do in 12 hours. Hope this helps

Thanks for the info,but you can only get re-entry stamps at Maesai!

I have a type O 1 year visa from USA and just did my first 90 day visa run? next is july 28...maybe I missed what you were asking, sorry best of luck

He asked what country is best to get the visa not how to do a border run.

Laos is fine, so is Penang/KL. But for whatever reason they in Penang they require a bank statement showing 400,000 baht. I tried to explain to them that is just to get your extension and not required to get the visa. KL doesn't ask for it for the 90 day visa but does for the 1 year multi entry.

Last I knew, Laos doesn't give one year multi entry. Only the 90 days but if you are just going to get the 1 year extension it doesn't matter. Why pay 5K baht for the visa if you have the requirements for the 1 year extension.

That's a trick question right? i basically live here but not retired, i have a girlfriend,but not married, i don't need to work, but would like to play music, i have driver license renewal coming up and can only get it with Non imm O, so i'm told, I can't get tourist visa anymore and have to go back to Oz,to get a one year visa,but ,don't really want to go,that's it.

On what base do you what your Non-O.

Thai Spouse, Thai Children, retirement, volunteer work?

Perhaps the mods could move this tread to the Visa forum. They have some real experts there who could tell if you're even qualified to get an O visa. I recently helped a friend go from a 30-day tourist permission to entry into an O visa, but he clearly met all the requirements for staying here as a retiree. He didn't have to leave the country and can get his 12 month retirement extension once his new O visa is 60 days old.

That's a trick question right? i basically live here but not retired, i have a girlfriend,but not married, i don't need to work, but would like to play music, i have driver license renewal coming up and can only get it with Non imm O, so i'm told, I can't get tourist visa anymore and have to go back to Oz,to get a one year visa,but ,don't really want to go,that's it.

You do not qualify for a Non-O in the region.

The Consulate in Perth that produced non-O visas based on "Visiting friends" is closed.

What we are saying is, that i cannot qualify to live here by choice, unless i retire or get a work permit or get married, so that means i need a permanent tourist visa,which you can only get three times?

You do not qualify for a Non-O in the region.

The Consulate in Perth that produced non-O visas based on "Visiting friends" is closed.

It's not. You can obtain an O for one of these reasons. For each one you'll need different supporting paperwork. Only certain consulates and embassies issue 1-year non-immigrant visas. In Australia Brisbane issues 1-year non-immigrant visas. They will accept postal applications from an Australian address and will forward the passport with visa to an Australian address.

Ok, Australia mails it back to me in Thailand,then i need to leave the country to get an entry stamp? how does that work,thanks for the help.

It's not. You can obtain an O for one of these reasons. For each one you'll need different supporting paperwork. Only certain consulates and embassies issue 1-year non-immigrant visas. In Australia Brisbane issues 1-year non-immigrant visas. They will accept postal applications from an Australian address and will forward the passport with visa to an Australian address.

Ok, Australia mails it back to me in Thailand,then i need to leave the country to get an entry stamp? how does that work,thanks for the help.

I said: "They will accept postal applications from an Australian address and will forward the passport with visa to an Australian address."

Edited by Loaded

Ok, gotcha, now, thanks for that, seems i have to go home for a while rrrrrrrrr :realangry:

I said: "They will accept postal applications from an Australian address and will forward the passport with visa to an Australian address."

Great option David, seems the noose is my only escape...:lol::lol:

you could always get married! Only takes half an hour!

:lol: :lol:

Oh good a party, I do love a good party and I'm sure David does as well! Shall I put some ribbons on the car and press my navy uniform to act as chauffeur!

What we are saying is, that i cannot qualify to live here by choice, unless i retire or get a work permit or get married, so that means i need a permanent tourist visa,which you can only get three times?

You can not choose to retire.

You must be over 50 years and have either 800.000 baht in a Thai account or 65.000 baht/month in income from abroad or a combination of the two.

smiley-char124.gif