Moving From Pattaya To Bkk

I will soon be moving from Pattaya to BKK. I have the 1 year "retirement" visa which is extended annually and of course I do the usual 90 day reporting.

My questions are:

1. When in BK which form do I need to use to tell BKK immigration of my new address?Is it the same form for the 90 reporting and if so will the 90 days then run from the date i submit that form to BKK immigration?

2. I have a Bangkok Bank savings account which I use for general expenses and a seperate Bangkok Bank Fixed Account(6 monthly fixed term) which I use at Pattaya immigration to show my 800,000 for getting the retirement visa.I have used this account for several years to get my retirement extension.

I have spoken to the Bangkok bank in Bangkok who say I need to close those Pattaya accounts and transfer the sum from the fixed account to the saving account and then get a bankers draft and use that sum for the new account to be opened in Bangkok.

When I open my account in Bangkok and if I decide to put the sum of 800,000 into a seperate 6 monthly fixed account(or similar) for the purposes of applying for my visa extension, does anyone know if the Bangkok immigration will( like the Pattaya immigration) accept a 6 monthly fixed account for the yearly visa extension?

-seems that different immigration offices have different practices hence my question.

3. What is the best time to go to the Bangkok Immigration office to avoid a long queue if possible?

May I take this opportunity to thank you in advance for any replies to assist me.

Edited by Zodiac

Why don't you just do the extension in Pattaya this time, then transfer your money into a savings account after.

With the six month statement, they might accept it or they might not, it will depend on the immigration officer.

Edited by colinthailand20005

I can answer your number 3 question, who knows. A friend told me to go in the after noon, so I did. Not to crowded but a lot of line jumping agents, it took about 4 hours of travel, and wait time for a 15 min. process at extension deak and 30 min total at permission to re-enter desk. We have reports here of 45 min. total time so who really knows when the best time is. I think just have all of your documentaion ready to go when they open the doors in morning or afternoon.

other than the line jumpers the immigration officers who processed my extension of stay where very professional and efficient. I really have no complaint about my visit.

Thank you for the replies above. I have been doing some of my own research on the net. It appears that there is a seperate form for "change of address" namely TM28 and I have printed a copy of it. Apparently I need to complete and submit this form to immigration within 24 hours of my address change and in addition to also notify my local police station of my change of address within 24 hours.

Does anyone know if any supporting copy documents are needed to accompany form TM28?

The 90 day reporting is a separate form namely TM 47.

If any of the above is incorrect I would appreciate any postings.

I also see that the 90 day reporting can be done by registered post which sounds like that is a way to avoid the hassle of a long day out going to immigration?

Edited by Zodiac