Does Thailand-Cambodia Conflict Effects Tourism In Thailand?

skyaslimit

I was wondering that how much it effects the tourism industry here as well as in Cambodia after recent Thai - Cambodian conflict? A lot of tourists arrive in Thailand and travel through borders through Cambodia to Vietnam and back here during their 3-4 week trips on vacations. I was also wondering whether this issue will be resolved after up coming elections in Thailand?

I have just had 2 emails from Backpackers , wanting to stay with me. Both had no idea of the "Troubles" and were very surprised when I informed them. I live about 20 kilometres from Prasat Ta Muen Tom. Yes , it was pretty noisy ,where I live. The problem ,from our perspective, is it going to flare up again?.We, simply do not know. It appears ,we cannot trust either side. Say no more.

Tourism in Cambodia is actually up over last year by 17% , I have noticed more families with young children than in the past , not many backpackers as such , most locals are not overly concerned with the fracas amongst the children who run the armies .

I don't know to which "locals" you are referring to. Most certainly the locals here are very concerned with how the "children " are behaving.After having been forcibly evacuated and not wishing for a repeat dose. Rumours are about that for domestic political reasons(on both sides), the shelling may resume, but we don't know if, and we don't know when. But everything is still in place for the resumption of hostilities

Edited by afarang