How Is Your 3Bb Working These Past 36 Hours ?

LivinginKata

Just these past 36 hours or so we have a lot of disconnections with our various 3BB lines. Disconnects then takes a few minutes to reconnect each time. Very annoying as this happens at least once per hour. 3BB tell me it must be my router but how can this happen with a number of different routers. Anyone else experiencing this ??

Yesterday no problems, 3bb in kata. Today only online via mobile, so don't know about 3bb.

Thanks stevenl - hmmm need to take more time to investigate this. Bummer ... :(

Hi,

Well I have the same experience since two weeks - Very Annoying

Your post is interesting to me because I thought it was coming from my Cat Telecom Line.

Friday I went to Cat telecom Phuket town to open a ticket that is now closed.

They came same day, checked the line and >>>nothing special line was ok .

They came to check my inside installation and modem. And remarked that it was very hot (as usual).

They think the problem comes probably from the modem.

So i will change it as I had already planned to do it and bought a Linksys

What is interesting here is that It happened to my cat telecom line

But it happens also to my TWO different TOT ADSL lines with two other different modems (same as you mentioned for yourself)

(I was not paying much attention to that because TOT connexion is well known to be unreliable and it is my experience since years so I was not much considering that point.

Cat telecom connexion has always been totally good and reliable it is the first time I have such a problem with my Cat adsl connexion).

Now that I Know it happens to you with 3bb in Kata ( I live in Nai Harn beach) .... It opens new food for thought.

It may come from modem router overheating or .... ? Something different to be found.

Let's see first what the modem change will teach us in the following week

The first one that has the explanation and the fix tell the others ok ?

Yesterday no problems, 3bb in kata. Today only online via mobile, so don't know about 3bb.

Thanks stevenl - hmmm need to take more time to investigate this. Bummer ... :(

3bb premier in Kata, disconnected several times an hour today, and totally dead for a couple of hours afternoon

I always used to get too many disconnections this time of year. Then I noticed how hot my router was, directed a fan towards it and the problem went away!

yes I agree, overheating router will lead to disconnections. Not so sure if this is the problem in my case as we have 4 routers in service at different location.

I use true ADSL and I have been having dropouts for about a week now. Often 5 mins or more. Think it could be to do with the elections???

What effect would elections in 2 months time have an internet connections on phuket?

I use true ADSL and I have been having dropouts for about a week now. Often 5 mins or more. Think it could be to do with the elections???

What effect would elections in 2 months time have an internet connections on phuket?

you never know, right? this being thailand after all.

and the "5mins or more" is the key here. obviously it has to be the elections :blink::rolleyes:

Yes, I've had the same thing - albeit infrequently - from time-to-time. No problems in the past few weeks, however. Very irritating when it does happen, though, because it seems to go on for quite a while before being corrected. From recollection, on the last occasion it lasted about two days.

Right now I am checking our TOT connection (last one we have with TOT, others cancelled in favour of CAT) in our Nanai 2 location. Looking at the router log I can see it's just the same. Connects for an hour or so, disconnects, reconnects quite quickly in just a couple of minutes, the drops the next hour or so, repeat, repeat, repeat. I cannot get either TOT or 3BB to admit there is a problem ... :annoyed:

PS - CAT via Patong Cable TV seems to be just fine at our 2 Patong locations.