Siam City Bank, Anybody Has Experiences ?

I have learned that Bangkok Bank and SCB are the easiest to deal with and open a saving account. But does anybody have experience with the Siam City Bank ? They are they only Bank conveniently located to my home (walking distance), they were friendly when I did some cash-money-transfering to another account, and they even spoke some english..... and do they have internet-banking too ? any recommendations or advices will be appreciated.... :o

One of those "good enough" banks. It's a good place to put a small amount of cash and pay your bills... especially because of the typically shorter lines.

Downside is these smaller banks are probably a slightly higher risk (not really a huge issue if you look at the history of "failed" banks in the LOS.... a grand total of one bank) than the top 5 "big" banks -BBL, KBank, SCB, Krung Thai, and Krungsri... in that order I think- in terms of institutional risk.

:o

Since early 2001, I have maintained my own personal banking at the Siam City Bank branch at Ploenchit Center. At various times I have wired in amounts of more than 500,000 baht - all went smoothly. I just operate with a passbook savings account, so I don't know about internet banking.

I do like the simplicity and speed of service. You walk in, take a number, and sit down in what is effectively a waiting room. I have rarely had to wait even five minutes - usually more like 90 seconds - to be called up.

'Works for me.

My company maintains its main banking relationship with Bangkok Bank - at the Sukhumvit branch opposite Ambassador Hotel. The speed of operation there is abysmal - I frequently end up in line for more than 40 minutes, and the average is probably over 20 minutes - standing. I basically don't go - 'just send my company motorcycle courier.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Steve

Indo-Siam

I would consider the number of ATM machines they have in areas where your frequent for shopping. The ATM fee you pay can add up if your using ATM machines from other banks.

I moved from Bangkok Bank to Siam Commercial Bank and couldn't be happier. Online banking is the way to go, in my view. I rarely visit a SCB branch, although they seem to have them everywhere in Chiang Mai.

I find the internet banking great, as I can transfer money between accounts easily, money to my Thai's account for shopping in a minute, pay bills, etc.

I have learned that Bangkok Bank and SCB are the easiest to deal with and open a saving account. But does anybody have experience with the Siam City Bank ? They are they only Bank conveniently located to my home (walking distance), they were friendly when I did some cash-money-transfering to another account, and they even spoke some english..... and do they have internet-banking too ? any recommendations or advices will be appreciated....  :o

I may be wrong but doesn't SCB = Siam Commercial Bank? Your title is talking about Siam City Bank but some of the responses are for Siam Commercial Bank...