Irish Man Robbed, 200,000 Baht Out Of Pocket

britmaveric

House robbery in Jomtien leaves Irish man over 200,000 Baht out of pocket.

Police were called to house number 388/152 inside the Suksabai Villas off the Tepprasit Road in Jomtien to investigate a suspected robbery. At the location Police were met by Mr. Anthony Philpott aged 41 from Ireland and his girlfriend. Evidence of the break-in was clear which included a broken grill on the front door.

A gold necklace worth 80,000 Baht, a laptop worth 50,000 Baht and 1,000 Euro’s along with 20,000 Baht in cash had been stolen. The amazing part of this story is that Mr. Philpott actually confronted the robber upon his return to the house at 9pm but in a split second without enough time to react, he ran straight past him and out of the front door. A description of the man was given to Police who believe they may know the suspect and expect to arrest him shortly.

-Pattaya City News

Friday 7th October 2005

Police were called to house number 388/152 inside the Suksabai Villas off the Tepprasit Road in Jomtien to investigate a suspected robbery. At the location Police were met by Mr. Anthony Philpott aged 41 from Ireland and his girlfriend. Evidence of the break-in was clear which included a broken grill on the front door.

A gold necklace worth 80,000 Baht, a laptop worth 50,000 Baht and 1,000 Euro’s along with 20,000 Baht in cash had been stolen. The amazing part of this story is that Mr. Philpott actually confronted the robber upon his return to the house at 9pm but in a split second without enough time to react, he ran straight past him and out of the front door. A description of the man was given to Police who believe they may know the suspect and expect to arrest him shortly.

-Pattaya City News

Friday 7th October 2005

Description

Yeah he had black hair . :o

Blew past him carrying his laptop , comeon nut up and cath the guy

-Pattaya City News

Friday 7th October 2005

Description

Yeah he had black hair . :o

If he had brown eyes and rode off on a motorbike, I think I know him :D

"Evidence of the break-in was clear which included a broken grill on the front door. "

Selling crowbars and sledge hammers might be rather lucrative in Jontien these days as well.... :o

What is it with the burgleries over there lately? :D

~WISteve

Edited by WISteve

-Pattaya City News

Friday 7th October 2005

Description

Yeah he had black hair . :D

Being Irish,he didn't think anything amiss as the assailant didn't have a balaclava on and wasn't carring a baseball bat! :o

Thats my old house :o I lived there for a year before I bought the house i'm in now.

My mate had it before these people and he was burgled twice BUT if you ask me it was becasue of his stupid bird letting her mates come in because surprise surprise they only burgled it when he was in pattaya.

I don't belive they got in from the front as it has a solid wood door with an inner steel gate, the back IS how to get in.

I'm off now to have a look. :D

what a muppet, 80k baht necklace, & 1k euros cash in the house just lying around.... a fool & his money are easily parted.

what sort of knob leaves that kind of cash hanging around & spending 80k baht on a necklace, how pretentious :o chav :D

2 other points,

1. No there is'nt any security, the person that rents all the houses on there is too tight.

2. Its not in Jomtien, its south pattaya.

I lived a few doors down a few years ago.

There used to be a security guard at night and the gates on all but the main enterance where closed to traffic.

It does sound a bit suspicious though.

what a muppet, 80k baht necklace, & 1k euros cash in the house just lying around.... a fool & his money are easily parted.

what sort of knob leaves that kind of cash hanging around & spending 80k baht on a necklace, how pretentious  :o chav :D

Yes he was silly for leaving the cash and the jewellery in the house, but don`t you think that you are being a bit hard on the guy......pretentious for buying a nice heavy chain. After all 5 troy ounces of gold (which is probably what it would equate to) is not the heaviest chain you will see in Pattaya.

You know there are many people who like to buy nice pieces of jewellery and 80,000 baht to them would not seem to be a pretentious amount to spend....but I suppose if they wore it outside it could be classed by some people as ostentacious.

I suppose this chap was torn between leaving his necklace in his house or being robbed at gunpoint if it was worn outside.

If this is a genuine case of burglary then I for one feel sorry for the guy and certainly will not malign him....

.....after all he is not being lambasted for leaving his 50,000 baht lap top in his home is he?, as easy as it is to steal.