Humor Removal Before Joining Thai Visa

Thongkorn

:whistling:" Before the . Sauce of information people start. having been a member of Thai visa forum for a few years, I have read and replied to some reports even daring to post some what i thought, was thought provoking stories, because you see some real good stories , like need a suite, where can i by a tin of beans whats the number of a taxi company,But what stands out is that too many people are serious, and don't seam to See the funny side of life, There has been a study about grumpy old men done , the findings are that the ones that get out of bed with a saw head, and are always pedantic and grumpy , live longer , So there is now a new train of thought, it is "Wipe that smile off your face Happiness kills, Does this apply to Thai visa or is it just me , let it begin.. only joking

I have to agree, I like a little humor but if it's going to kill me, then.........

You're right, though, many people that post are far too serious. Recently one person said in jest "chill out, dude, you're too serious", and I thought the keyboard fisticuffs were going to fly! (There's a mental image for you).

On the other hand, many times the answers you get from a question seem to want to be put-downs or "I'm lots smarter than you" answers. Gets a little frustrating sometimes, so maybe it is better to growl and be in a bad mood and live longer.?

mario299 :blink:

OK. We're all convinced that you're a laugh a minute, whilst the rest of us are just boring.

Or then again it could just be that few topics lend themselves to humour, especially when posters take a position with which we may disagree.

Those who succeed in removing all traces of humour are then considered as moderators.

how you get away with this comment i do not know BUT i think many of these posters are from the times of the 3 stooges wherre yuo can poke someone in th eeye and it is verty funny :rolleyes:

'Moonrakers' timestamp='1306146888' post='4443339']

edwinchester' timestamp='1306146703' post='4443329']

Sore not saw.

Source not sauce.

Seem not seam.

How can I be happy with so many spelling mistakes on TV?

Yeah. What loosers!

[/quote)

That is much more pleasant than how many express that particular bodily function , a single dose of Loperamide usually makes life somewhat more pleasant to endure , some posters spell as they pronounce , I personally find that quite amusing at times .

A little Bristolian for you " Oo bist de , wur bist goin , casn't see fer dust ' , sort that one one out if you are able .

Seven different dialects in the city of Bristol , England .

Cross cultural globalisation i am afraid,give every TV member a British sense of humour and the place would be ok.

Does it hurt????

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes,check out the "When do i need to use my 2nd Tourist Visa Thread"

That made my day.

Edited by stoneyboy

'Moonrakers' timestamp='1306146888' post='4443339']

That is much more pleasant than how many express that particular bodily function , a single dose of Loperamide usually makes life somewhat more pleasant to endure , some posters spell as they pronounce , I personally find that quite amusing at times .

A little Bristolian for you " Oo bist de , wur bist goin , casn't see fer dust ' , sort that one one out if you are able .

Seven different dialects in the city of Bristol , England .

That sounds a bit Knowle West like :ph34r:

Sore not saw.

Source not sauce.

Seem not seam.

what happens if you are dislexic and not English, and went to night School and cannot spell in the day.

Sore not saw.

Source not sauce.

Seem not seam.

what happens if you are dislexic and not English, and went to night School and cannot spell in the day.

Then you can consider yourself to be one of the TV elite :rolleyes:

I think it's easy to think that people on here don't have a sense of humour. This is a place a lot of us come either on our down time or when we're just plain bored. It's also easy to be misunderstood on a forum where misunderstandings have little chance of being resolved.

I haven't been around here that long, but I've seen some pretty nasty replies to very decent threads, and I've seen people here make jokes or innuendo about threads where someone is talking about a serious issue with their spouse. The fact is that Thailand, and this forum, attracts a large percentage of people who realise they get away with more here than they do at home - this ego-boost is multiplied ten-fold with the anonymity of the Internet.

I would counter, though, that if you have such a free-thinking, care free and humour-filled approach to life, why waste your time worrying about the actions of others on an Internet forum? It really isn't important - just see this forum for how it is: sometimes helpful, sometimes fun, and always entertaining!

Everybody should be made to drink at least 5 pints of lager before posting. That should make it more interesting.

You mean that's *not* the rule already?? Dammit, man, I coulda been posting two hours ago.

Hic.

Edited by Thakkar

Everybody should be made to drink at least 5 pints of lager before posting. That should make it more interesting.

I tried that, didn't work, well my PM box said so, up to 8 pints now and the PM complaints have stopped. :huh::)

OK. We're all convinced that you're a laugh a minute, whilst the rest of us are just boring.

Or then again it could just be that few topics lend themselves to humour, especially when posters take a position with which we may disagree.

You are joking, aren't you?

From time to time there are topics where it might be inappropriate to post any but the most saccharin yet tasteful cheer-up wit, but if you're not willing to put in the effort to drag a laugh out of the most asinine or morose posters on here, then really, you cannot blame the other posters for your laziness.

To be honest, I feel guilty - inadequate, even, at being unable to draw more humour from your ongoing romance with Sarahsbloke, but your post above has given me the motivation I needed, and I realise, I should try harder.

More trying, I think, is the correct turn of phrase

SC

Edited by metisdead
Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.

Reminds me of the great Kilkenny drought of 2008. For weeks on end we had nothing to drink but lager and stout.

I find that once I get to about six, the last few patient posters give up trying to understand my wit, at about eight, I can't follow it myself when I re-read the next day, and I can only assume that most of my posts after nine pints are forgeries posted by someone else

SC