Condo Fees

gk10002000

So what are some representative condo fees? I asked a few of the salespeople in the malls this week and didn't get much information back. Nothing in writing of course. Say something like one of those View Talay typical 38 square meter single units, 1 Million baht, or the bigger units. How much is the condo/association fee? What does it include? Can I really expect full and decent pool maintenance? Pest control?

Thanks

The maintenance fee in old buldings is often around 10-20B per sqm per month.

In newer buildings it can be anything up to 50 or more.

The more facilities there are, the higher the probable fee.

It is supposed to cover all costs relating to the common areas (security, lighting, painting, pool etc) but clearly a fee voted in 20 years ago that has never increased (Thai owners will hardly ever vote for a maintenance fee increase) will not cover costs at today's prices. So what usually happens in old buldings is that either they go to rack and ruin, or a supplementary fee is voted in, or the bulding just spends the sinking fund on maintenance and day-to-day expenditure. Or all three.

The exact fee is ALWAYS available from the Juristic Person Office in existing buildings, or indeed on the new build factsheet for new builds, along with the sinking fund and the meter charge. The mall salesmen dont know it because they are prats very busy.

I live in Jomtien Beach Condos. We pay 5,600 baht per year. Excellent security, Maintenance and management.

I used to have a Condo there .For many years it was only B3,500 and then went up about 2 years ago .I agree its a well managed place .It helps that its huge with around 1,200 units paying a yearly fee .