World Premiere The Hangover Part II In Thailand

Seems the tattoo artist who did Mike Tyson's face is suing the producers of this movie for copyright infringements. Go figure. Latest news is it won't stop the release of the movie...but it's the buzz right now.

http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/Mike-Tysons-tattoo-artist-sues-The-Hangover-Part-II--might-delay-release/8147475

Seems the tattoo artist who did Mike Tyson's face is suing the producers of this movie for copyright infringements. Go figure. Latest news is it won't stop the release of the movie...but it's the buzz right now.

http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/Mike-Tysons-tattoo-artist-sues-The-Hangover-Part-II--might-delay-release/8147475

OMG.

Whatever "tribal culture" inspired that that tattoo fad, they should hire Mike Tyson to collect "royalties" from every white bread tattoo artist who is into "tribals".

36% on Rotten Tomato so far. Don't think I'll be able to sit through this in a theatre, still think it will probably be very insulting

http://www.rottentom...the_hangover_2/

Sequals are rarely as good. i actually thought the original was moderately funny but little more. It had its moments but generally i thought it was totally overhyped.

I think it won the oscar for best comedy. If so, that was by far the funniest part.

Here's what Roger Ebert said

I'm no expert, but I've been to Bangkok, and while the city no doubt has a seamy side, let it be said that much of "The Hangover, Part II" plays like an anti-travelogue paid for by a rival tourist destination — Singapore, maybe.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110524/REVIEWS/110529989/-1/RSS

Pretty much expected them to make the place look like a dangerous hellhole. Considering most Americans think Bangkok is slightly safer than Mogadishu, not sure why they'd want to reinforce this. Some reviewers commenting how this movie doesn't work because Vegas is harmless fun and Bangkok is a dark and dangerous place. Film seems to revolve around one of them being lost in Bangkok("Bangkok has him now" is their line), which is supposed to be horrifying.

I thought the first Hangover was only slightly funny and for the most part boring, though it seems I'm in the minority. Also, I'm not surprised that Hollywood is portraying Thailand in a stereotypical and inaccurately threatening manner. We Americans generally have rather limited knowledge of what's beyond our borders. My boss who is the vice president of a major financial company assumed Hong Kong was an underdeveloped place and kept referring to Thailand as Taiwan.

Edited by Millard

Also, I'm not surprised that Hollywood is portraying Thailand in a stereotypical and inaccurately threatening manner.

what the heck could you possibly be talking about? have you seen the movie already? Thailand is a backward and corrupt 3rd world country. it's stereotype is it's complete reality.

and your boss is a knucklehead. and besides, it's long been evident that American companies obviously aren't putting smart people into positions like "vp of a major finances".

They have a few shots of Soi Cowboy a lot of the river, chinatown. It was ok but a bit boreing at times. When the one guys finds out he got it by a ladyboy was a bit funny. Its ok but no big deal my daughter says the first one was better and funnier.

They have a few shots of Soi Cowboy a lot of the river, chinatown. It was ok but a bit boreing at times. When the one guys finds out he got it by a ladyboy was a bit funny. Its ok but no big deal my daughter says the first one was better and funnier.

I guess that says enough as I had a very hard time to find the jokes with the first one.

I thought the first Hangover was only slightly funny and for the most part boring, though it seems I'm in the minority. Also, I'm not surprised that Hollywood is portraying Thailand in a stereotypical and inaccurately threatening manner. We Americans generally have rather limited knowledge of what's beyond our borders. My boss who is the vice president of a major financial company assumed Hong Kong was an underdeveloped place and kept referring to Thailand as Taiwan.

Back in the States after a recent trip, an American woman overheard me say I'd just been to Thailand. Saying she needed to buy "one" for her husband's birthday, she asked me if "it" was at the huge, I mean really huge, outlet mall just up the street.

I said, yes ma'am.

:blink:

Wonder how long she wandered?

Another raving review

http://www.gomemphis.com/news/2011/may/24/film-review-disturbing-hangover-sequel-focues/

"The Hangover Part II" may represent the ugliest portrait of a foreign land and culture since jailed American student Brad Davis was driven to bite off a stoolie's tongue in a hellhole Turkish prison in "Midnight Express."

This provides the excuse for the "Wolfpack" to travel to Thailand, a country that -- with the exception of the seaside wedding resort, where Phil is thrilled to find American beer -- is depicted as so dirty, dangerous and disgusting that even the prostitutes of the infamous Patpong district are, essentially, monsters.

I'm sure the tourists will be streaming in now :lol:

'Hangover' star Justin Bartha regrets 'disgusting' Thai sex club research visit

'Hangover' star Justin Bartha has revealed that he regrets having gone to Thai sex clubs for research of the film's sequel after seeing some "disgusting" things over there. The actor said he feels so "ashamed" about what he saw there, but refuses to talk about them for fear of offending people.

The actor, who plays Doug in 'The Hangover Part II', admitted he and co-actor Ed Helms went to great lengths to research their scenes. "I saw some dirty (stuff) in Thailand that got burned into my eyes. I honestly can't say what because it is so disgusting I feel ashamed for going. I shouldn't have gone," the Herald Sun quoted Justin telling Bullett Magazine.

The 32-year-old admitted it's one of his biggest regrets, and issued a stark warning for anyone considering following in his footsteps.

Continues:

http://www.thailandnews.net/story/788525

ANI News - May 28, 2011

'Hangover' star Justin Bartha regrets 'disgusting' Thai sex club research visit

'Hangover' star Justin Bartha has revealed that he regrets having gone to Thai sex clubs for research of the film's sequel after seeing some "disgusting" things over there. The actor said he feels so "ashamed" about what he saw there, but refuses to talk about them for fear of offending people.

The actor, who plays Doug in 'The Hangover Part II', admitted he and co-actor Ed Helms went to great lengths to research their scenes. "I saw some dirty (stuff) in Thailand that got burned into my eyes. I honestly can't say what because it is so disgusting I feel ashamed for going. I shouldn't have gone," the Herald Sun quoted Justin telling Bullett Magazine.

The 32-year-old admitted it's one of his biggest regrets, and issued a stark warning for anyone considering following in his footsteps.

Continues:

http://www.thailandn...et/story/788525

ANI News - May 28, 2011

Sad wanke_r!

Damage control me thinks, all to appease the Christian right wing of America…..just in case of back lash, and his possible appeal for another film role.

What a wanke_r…he make $$$$$ from this movie and then bitches he, is the damaged party.

He knew what he was doing when 'researching' the roll. This Muppet just re enforces my view of actors.

Funny he was not disgusted until the film was in the can, (money in the bank) ……how convenient……………Tosser!

Edited by Tonto21

Was the first one even funny? ??? :unsure:

I found the first one totally unexpected and very entertaining. This one was just predictable, even if you are willing to overlook the glaring problems with the film. (Was anyone else truly bothered by the fact that Thai hotels DON'T HAVE ICE MACHINES!. THAT'S AN AMERICAN CUSTOM! IS IT SO HARD FOR HOLLYWOOD TO MAKE SOMETHING EVEN MARGINALLY BASED IN REALITY! Sorry...) My wife however, who had never seen the first one, found this movie very funny. So I suspect the humor lies in the novelty of the situation and the way it is presented. Sadly, it appears to be a formula that only works once, independent of which part you see. Once you've seen one, the second install just kind of falls flat.

Seems to be the general opinion of the reviewers as well.

Sad wanke_r!

Damage control me thinks, all to appease the Christian right wing of America…..just in case of back lash, and his possible appeal for another film role.

What a wanke_r…he make $$$$$ from this movie and then bitches he, is the damaged party.

He knew what he was doing when 'researching' the roll. This Muppet just re enforces my view of actors.

Funny he was not disgusted until the film was in the can, (money in the bank) ……how convenient……………Tosser!

Bingo! Give Tonto a kewpie doll of the top shelf. I lose respect for bigoted hypocrits like that. Too bad he hasn't the balls to be a man.

Was the first one even funny? ??? :unsure:

I found the first one totally unexpected and very entertaining. This one was just predictable, even if you are willing to overlook the glaring problems with the film. (Was anyone else truly bothered by the fact that Thai hotels DON'T HAVE ICE MACHINES!. THAT'S AN AMERICAN CUSTOM! IS IT SO HARD FOR HOLLYWOOD TO MAKE SOMETHING EVEN MARGINALLY BASED IN REALITY! Sorry...) My wife however, who had never seen the first one, found this movie very funny. So I suspect the humor lies in the novelty of the situation and the way it is presented. Sadly, it appears to be a formula that only works once, independent of which part you see. Once you've seen one, the second install just kind of falls flat.

Seems to be the general opinion of the reviewers as well.

That is true for a lot of films, greg. Occasionally, the sequals are good, but too often the producers go overboard with a FEW of the things that made the original good. Slipping on a banana peel might be funny ONCE but not when repeated over and over. That is why I always hated the Three Stooges. They were stupid the first time and then just got worse.

I saw it yesterday in Los Angeles. It was a very funny movie and not really insulting to anyone.

I recommend you see it. Most sequels aren't better than the original, IMO this one was.

hangover-composite-420x0.jpg

Above left: The Hangover Part II’s Ed Helms in the car chase scene; (right) Scott McLean, the stuntman for Helms.

Hangover anger as stuntman's injury makes the final cut

THE trailer for the most popular film at the Australian box office, The Hangover Part II, shows a wild car chase where the character of one of the film's stars, Ed Helms, sticks his head out of a car window. It's portrayed as just part of the crazy bachelor high jinks the boys get up to in Bangkok after their ill-fated trip to Las Vegas in their first outing, The Hangover.

But what happened a split second after that footage was filmed in December last year almost destroyed one man's life and left many of the cast and crew reeling. It wasn't Helms's head protruding from the car but the head of his stunt double, one of Australia's best known stuntmen, Scott McLean. But it all went wrong. The car didn't swerve in time and a truck slammed into McLean's head, causing a massive brain injury likely to prevent him from working as a stuntman again.

So while Helms has been walking the red carpet at the film's premieres, McLean has been learning to walk again - a feat doctors did not believe was likely. His family is furious that the footage has been included in the trailer. "To have that scene used in the preview is a real kick in the face to all those who know Scott," his sister-in-law Michelle McLean told The Sunday Age. "It is sickening to watch as we all know what happens next." The film opened in Australia last Thursday and grossed $513,525, the biggest non-holiday opening for the year.

Read more:

http://www.theage.com.au/national/hangover-anger-as-stuntmans-injury-makes-the-final-cut-20110528-1fa24.html#ixzz1NoVYauH2

The Age (Australia) - May 29, 2011

Edited by Buchholz

I saw it yesterday in Los Angeles. It was a very funny movie and not really insulting to anyone.

I recommend you see it. Most sequels aren't better than the original, IMO this one was.

I waited for the sequel since it was announced, saw it on opening day and I totally disagree with every point you made - apart from sequels not being better, that you were right about, but only that!!

Edited by KunMatt