May 25, 201115 yr Woke up this morning to click click click in kitchen...one of the cook top 240v gas ignition micro-switches partially shorted so sparking intermittently. Tried washing in alcohol and also tried zapping but need a mega to get enough voltage I guess. So ...anyone know of an appliance or electronics/electrical shop in Phuket where I can source one?? It is is a smaller than standard unit. thanks for any assistance. cheers david
May 25, 201115 yr Fagor, Chao fa west road opposite Home Pro Chalong KeeHin, bypassroad left side going towards airport and if none of them have in stock, ask Homepro who sells parts for your cook top brand But actually I find 220V igniters unsafe and prefere the 1,5 Volt battery operated ones safer.
May 25, 201115 yr Author Fagor, Chao fa west road opposite Home Pro Chalong KeeHin, bypassroad left side going towards airport and if none of them have in stock, ask Homepro who sells parts for your cook top brand But actually I find 220V igniters unsafe and prefere the 1,5 Volt battery operated ones safer. Thanks for you quick reply KBB will try the Kata outlet as off to Phuket tomorrow or next day.know Keehin too ...great tools and and big boy toys!!!..Thought I would try fixing the switch by putting it in series with the wifeys motorbike spark plug to zapp the whisker or whatever....when I am a little less inebriated tomorrow. I think it has some grease/over zealous soap in it and will employ a bit of mbike inner-tube over each switch in a collar to protect the micro-switches in the future. I think the capacitor discharge system on 240v is actually a pain and respect your concerns with it.. thanks david
June 3, 201115 yr Author Okay found a good store downtown Phuket..... Southern Dynatech Co Ltd , 95 Krabi Road . Everything from Satellite TV parts to LEDs, amps, ICs etc.. Bought an little automatic emergency lighting Box (led) Chinese of course but 100 baht! My micro-switch was 31 baht...so a bought three... cheers david
Create an account or sign in to comment