my (ex)partner and me have decided to sell our house, ( we are on very good terms) now my partner might be

going to the usa for 1 year now i would like to ask would it be possible to make a power of attorny(spelling?)

for me or a thai person to be able to sell the house even if my partner is not in thailand??

thanx in advance for your replies

rick

Yes it can be done and also for you as it doesn't need to be for a Thai. However, you need the special form therefore, which can be picked up at the land office and a signed copy of you ex's id card.

I bought my wife's land through a power of attorney without her being present.

Yes it can be done and also for you as it doesn't need to be for a Thai. However, you need the special form therefore, which can be picked up at the land office and a signed copy of you ex's id card.

thanks so no need for the use of a lawyer? by the way we are not married ifthat makes a difference

rick

Edited by rickthailand

thanks so no need for the use of a lawyer? by the way we are not married ifthat makes a difference

rick

no need for a lawyer, as the land office form is to be used

however I would just have her sign it and witnessed signature from a Thai national, and then the rest can be filled in when a buyer surfaces

and signed copys ID and tabien baan