Shipping Household Goods

Kringle

I have a friend in the UK that is trying to find a shipper to handle his household goods. How much would it cost to send a container load 20-40 foot size. I would guess he could maybe fill the 20 footer. This would be from his house in Bang Bua Thong (Nonthaburi province) to the UK.

He has:

2 beds plus clothes cabinets for each and and 2 dressers.

1 big screen tele and one 27 incher

7 piece dining set

1 large dish cabinet

Loads of dishes 90% wrapped and boxed already

1 outside table with 4 bench style seats

1 wooden outside swing

1 4 foot long fish tank with metal stand

10 assorted flower pots some with stands

If any more information is reqired, please let me know and I will find out. Any help anyone can supply would be great.

Thank you,

Kringle

Edited by Kringle

My friend hasn't checked witht the companies listed above but was quoted by a UK firm saying it would be 370K Baht to ship all his household goods. This can't be right can it? There has to be someone on here that has doen this before. What was your experience with this? Any help is great.

Cheers,

Kringle

Cheers Kringle, much needed help!

I have tried these links but have had no replys as yet. Does anyone have any idea whether the price they have given me is accurate? Their is a few more items to add to the list though, such as a huge sofa, computer and some more miscellenious items. This quote did include packaging and delivery if this is any help?????

By the way nice avatar Kringle hope it stays!!!

Bang.......

Cheers Kringle, much needed help!

I have tried these links but have had no replys as yet. Does anyone have any idea whether the price they have given me is accurate? Their is a few more items to add to the list though, such as a huge sofa, computer and some more miscellenious items. This quote did include packaging and delivery if this is any help?????

By the way nice avatar Kringle hope it stays!!!

Bang.......

Dunno if this helps, but I brought 500kgs out from the uk for 1200 squid as unaccompanied baggage (air) nrly 6 yrs ago.

I wouldn't do it again as sometimes it's cheaper to buy the furniture etc again compared to the cost of freight., duty, tea money clearance charges etc. etc. etc.

Edited by udon

Udon,

Ben is trying to ship his household goods from here in Thailand back to the UK and doubt there would be any TEA MONEY involved there. Has to be someone on here that has done this.

Ben, Glad you like my new avitar. Reminds me of an island in Hawaii and just couldn't pass it up. Should last on here as I can't see anything wrong with an island pic. :D:o:D

THB 370,000 sounds like a correct ballpark figure.

At current freight costs, it is not economical to freight back household goods - the costing is done by cubic metre.

Valuable antiques or sentimental items - yes that can be worthwhile.

Unaccompanied baggage works out cheaper for clothes etc (but not furniture). This is priced on weight - $2 per kilo plus.

Bottom line: either sell it in Thailand or give it away for free.