Help Please!

Hi all,

A good friend of mine is on the verge of giving up his 15,000,000 baht home in thailand to a very persuasive Thai women!

He has M S and it has got to such a severity that he is now confined to a wheelchair,the problem is his female friend who has been looking after him owns 51% of the land and company,she is in England with him at the moment and has confided in my wife(Thai) telling her of intensions to marry him and take him to the cleaners!

My friend definitely does not want to marry and now knows all about her deceit .

How can we help him, please guys any advice about the best way to go about things I.e selling up and her getting nothing?

Thanks all.

I forgot to add, £10,000 has gone missing from a joint account !!

Can the house/land and company be transferred into someone elses names (1 Thai 1 falang) without any money actually changing hands, if you get my drift!

I am not sure that I would ever want a 15m Baht home in Thailand.

If I did, I certainly wouldn't put control of it in the hands of a female acquaintance.

It looks like she has control and can presumably sell from under him. Can't see a legal way forward for your friend.

The joint account money would grease a few palms.

We would have to know more about the company shareholder structure such as who controls the voting shares and can legally sign documents. Ideally the company is controlled by your friend and the woman can do nothing without his signature. Transfer or sale of the company assets would probably mean closing the company. The word lawyer comes to mind. Needless to say your good friend should not marry her, either in the UK or Thailand.

As mentioned above, will depend on what protections you friend may or may not have put into place to illegally control the company.

As to the joint account I can't see that anything legally wrong has been done.

Preferred shares are not yet illegal in Thailand, the Thai nominee equity shareholder would be..

Edited by InterestedObserver

As mentioned above, will depend on what protections you friend may or may not have put into place to illegally control the company.

As to the joint account I can't see that anything legally wrong has been done.

Preferred shares are not yet illegal in Thailand, the Thai nominee equity shareholder would be..

While not specifically precluded, to the extent it enables control here it would be difficult to avoid an illegal nominee structure under the FBA and Land Act.

Tony at magna carta at Pattaya Tai ???

Can you give me some more details please!

I am meeting up with my friend today so will find out as much information as i can!

Also is there anyway the cash left in the joint account approx £6500 can be transfered to his english account from this country?

Tony at magna carta at Pattaya Tai ???

Can you give me some more details please!

I am meeting up with my friend today so will find out as much information as i can!

Also is there anyway the cash left in the joint account approx £6500 can be transfered to his english account from this country?

As I read this all the players are in the UK and the joint bank account is in Thailand? If so I'm afraid there is not practical way to transfer to funds.

I have spoken with my friend and here are somethings he has clarified;

The £10,000 was taken from his personel account, when she had his atm,as he couldnt get to the bank! :annoyed:

The female has 51% of the land and 49% of the company the other 51% is shared between his 2 daughters 1% each (english) 2% shared between two thai friends and the remainder is his share!

He has it sealed that she can do nothing without his signature !

Is it posible that he can give his share of land and company to his sister and she can take control of the situation and will not have to return to Thailand as he is very worried about the outcome to his personal safety????

Also does anyone have a contact number for Tony at Magna Carta?

Thankyou all.

I have spoken with my friend and here are somethings he has clarified;

The £10,000 was taken from his personel account, when she had his atm,as he couldnt get to the bank! :annoyed:

The female has 51% of the land and 49% of the company the other 51% is shared between his 2 daughters 1% each (english) 2% shared between two thai friends and the remainder is his share!

He has it sealed that she can do nothing without his signature !

Is it posible that he can give his share of land and company to his sister and she can take control of the situation and will not have to return to Thailand as he is very worried about the outcome to his personal safety????

Also does anyone have a contact number for Tony at Magna Carta?

Thankyou all.

I'm bemused by the gratuitous use of exclamation marks. Everything is exciting! With all due respect, internet search engines aren't that complicated and all legal firms in Thailand are online. In all seriousness, your friend isn't getting shafted as you put it; he shafted himself when he bought the land and set up the company in the fashion outlined above.