Hey Doc how's it going still heard that it has been very cool out your way. Good to see you got back here with some info that everybody can use. What a great site those folks have. I can't believe that noone has responded to your post this group has really gone south and needs a big dose of Jandtaa again but where may he be. Been very very busy here as the La Nina has hit like they said and we have had a big bunch of heavy rain here at the Buriram Surin border that has been causing a bit of problems but any water is good water at this point for most.

We planted about 150 takuu trees and have sun hemp growing all around them. they say that it is a harvestable hardwood that can be used in 5 yeatrs. Fruity had some three year old that were very tall with no lateral branching. A very good woodworker says that he is knowledgeable of them from working down south and says that in ten years the trunks will be the size of your torso and it is excellent wood. They are a bit difficult to transplant and droop considerable after plaqnting from their containers. I pulled out most of the trees that the tips died back as I felt that even a pruned specimen that only had one main trunk would still give me stress wood for lumber in the future. I don't know if I was right but didn't want to take the chance 10 years down the road. Hope to plant 25- 50 a year in the future to take care of lumber needs for many generations.

You've got to love Nutri-tec and all their info and products. I have a friend in the turfgraass business here and he gets regular shipments from Australia and i will see if he will be available to bring in some of their products for me. Thanks for a great resource and still not abandoning the few of us here that can benefit from your good information. Not too much time for the internet at the moment but still am managing to keep the old Ford moving though I've got the Dozer blade (made a beautiful adaptor to turn it into an angle blade that really makes road building and levee building a dream) chained up at the moment and nursing a bad wheel bearing until the major work is finished. get a couple kilos of road in and the rains wash it away the next day but battle back and getting the upper hand. I know the control valve is a small issue with the blade and hope to fix it soon. Wheel bearing is being limped on and retightened regularly as the spindle is buggered and will need to be welded up and then turned down or replaced as may be needed.

One good one and i go..... Had some major problems with the power steering controller so tore it apart and after changing a few parts all was good until something else in it went bad and started to leak deeper and more difficult to get to. So decided tha since it was time to get the roads in between roaring torrential downpoars aand the need to get the rice in also I opted for a funnel and a few jugs of hyd fluid since a new one was near 20k baht and I didn't wnat to do that or take it apart and not be able to fix it and be broke down. Well after a lot of time and effort and a bunch of off and on the tractor for a few days i finally saw the end of the tunnel and was dam_n near done (sometinmes rolling tinto the barn without nearly any fluid and armstronging my way home. Well there was the light and I was finished and it was a 8 kilometer run from the big farm near the warring zone of last month near the Cambodia border and boom (no not artillary) but the skies opening up and pourring down and I was just finished putting the rice in but low on fluid and no way to make it home. I grabbed the half full 5 gallon bucket jumped off the tractor (well maybe i jumped first) and popped the cap off the filler for the fluid and without the funnel in the downpour just tipped up the barrel and poured hydraulic fluid straight into the reservoir and anywhere else it wanted to go when it was good and overflowwing I figured all was good buttonned it up and hoped the lightning wouldn't get me on the way back. Soaked like a rat i was. All is good good buddy and maybe we should try to get together when i get back your way in a couple months I hope all is well. peace and love me PS A 900 baht kit and a few days later and no more leaks and you can steer it with your baby finger that Ford is Forever

Hey Ford man, thanks for your note. It is wierd weather here in the SF area, no summer yet. In fact my Thai wife is with me now and she is bundling up in the mornings with her arctic expedition gear, and we've got rain in June, snowing at lake Tahoe, and a tornado warning in Chico.

Yeah those Austraahlians think of everything. (We're importing huge quantities of a phosphonate compound from Queensland for control of 'Sudden Oak Death') But is there a source for humate ore in Thailand? is one thing I was hoping to find out with my post; other than the long road of getting organic matter content up and waiting for the process that creates humic and fulvic acids and all their benefits.

I have soil samples in route to my new imporoved lab and soil scientist resources here (Logan Labs and Michael Astera of soilminerals.com), from two farms in Chiang Mai, including Jeff's organic educational center 'Fair Earth Farm'. So we are scouting for local Thai sources for soil amendment materials that may be recommended for the prescription amendments. Ag lime for Calcium, rock phosphate and other common mineral sources are easy enough to find, but the detailed analysis and prescriptions that I am getting back now for landscpapes I am working with here, include humates, Azomite or glacial rock dust for trace elements, copper sulphate, zinc sulphate, borax for Boron, and sea salt or Redmond mineral salt for sodium if found deficient. I have a fertilizer company in Half Moon Bay that I can call in an order and they acquire all components, blend and bag and deliver to the site. How beautiful is that? And cost efficient when labor and fuel is so high.

Lignite is mined in northern Thailand and that may be a source for 'leonardite' humate ore. I hope someone there will check it out as well as other potential sources to discover.

BTW, no tractor work lately here other than moving big wood craned out from tree removals with a Cat skid-steer on rubber tracks w/ grapple bucket, but you may be happy to hear that I'm driving a Ford Exploder. don

Edited by drtreelove

Yo Bro I hope I can get it together to meet up in a few months. Unbelieveable about your source in Half Moon Bay is that "Romeo" by any chance. Keep up the good work I'm sure old man McClenahan would be plenty proud. me

<br />Hey Ford man, thanks for your note.  It is wierd weather here in the SF area, no summer yet.  In fact my Thai wife is with me now and she is bundling up in the mornings with her arctic expedition gear, and we've got rain in June, snowing at lake Tahoe, and a tornado warning in Chico.<br /><br />Yeah those Austraahlians think of everything. (We're importing huge quantities of a phosphonate compound from Queensland for control of 'Sudden Oak Death')  But is there a source for humate ore in Thailand? is one thing I was hoping to find out with my post; other than the long road of getting organic matter content up and waiting for the process that creates humic and fulvic acids and all their benefits.  <br /><br />I have soil samples in route to my new imporoved lab and soil scientist resources here (Logan Labs and Michael Astera of soilminerals.com), from two farms in Chiang Mai, including Jeff's organic educational center 'Fair Earth Farm'.  So we are scouting for local Thai sources for soil amendment materials that may be recommended for the prescription amendments.  Ag lime for Calcium,  rock phosphate and other common mineral sources are easy enough to find, but the detailed analysis and prescriptions that I am getting back now for landscpapes I am working with here, include humates, Azomite or glacial rock dust for trace elements, copper sulphate, zinc sulphate, borax for Boron, and sea salt or Redmond mineral salt for sodium if found deficient.  I have a fertilizer company in Half Moon Bay that I can call in an order and they acquire all components, blend and bag and deliver to the site.  How beautiful is that?  And cost efficient when labor and fuel is so high. <br /><br />Lignite is mined in northern Thailand and that may be a source for 'leonardite' humate ore.  I hope someone there will check it out as well as other potential sources to discover.  <br /><br />BTW, no tractor work lately here other than moving big wood craned out from tree removals with a Cat skid-steer on rubber tracks w/ grapple bucket, but you may be happy to hear that I'm driving a Ford Exploder. don<br />
<br /><br /><br />

• 1 year later...