Found - The (unhidden) Agenda

Dr Pat Pong

Get your gnu and shoot this "Condultant "where he is most "welocme"as he"He sales Lexus in Korea" into the sunset of his new land.

That is of course he can find some accomodation that's not full of Afghan refugees.

Can you read english or amount of IQ that you have is 10 only ?

Australia gives me all the rights as a human and I can buy house, get a job and raise my children.

Pardon me ..I don't want to live in a "Whore country" all my life!!

Regards

eRain

Hmmm, most people that I have talked to over here will only go to thailand for one specific reason, in getting their jollies off and to party, and then go back home. Yes many of you think things are cheap, but whoa, the prices after I have done some research on some of the goods in thailand vs goods in USA, some is more expensive than the others and some equals of the same and some goods you cannot find in Thailand that you can find here.

Depends on how one views thailand I suppose. Not many would even consider retiring there since they have nice retirement places here, but again try telling that to the senior citizens over here. I don't want the ancients yapping at me. :o

Many places that I go around to over here, I see advertising to Thailand. Many of these reports specifically focus on not just Temples, but mostly the red light district and potential areas and so forth.

I have been to thailand. I have asked people on the plane myself what is their main reason of going there and for how long. Over 90 percent (MEN) said they want to party with the girls or guys and their stays average 2 to 3 weeks. The womens response was to party mainly and see some sites. Now this is on the plane itself.

So go figure the rest of why go to thailand?? Would you like a tip???? The planes that I have been on going to Thailand, at least 50 percent of the passengers are MEN!!!!!, AND if it is women, they are in groups together like 25 percent of them. The rest are familys with kids. Foreigners that is, not Thais that live there. I am speaking only of foreigners here OK

Yes Thailand is well known. Yes Thailand is the land of the smiles. Yes Thailand does have some magnificent creations and temples. I don't deny that. But when it comes to most foreigners, singles or divorcees or widows or widowers etc, they come to party, have fun in the sacks, and see a few sites and go back home. Mostly the first two mentioned here is their primary reason. Nothing else applies.

Don't believe me, ask around yourself for your own small survey and do some observing of who is on the plane coming from Incheon or from Taiwan or from Japan.

Daveyoti

Can you read english or amount of IQ that you have is 10 only ?

I wonder if I asked you nicely you could decode the above sentance?

Is it one of those games where all the words are mixed up and you have to rearrange them to make sense?

Australias gain is "Whore's countrys loss" we will just have to struggle on without you.

I don't know if erain was doing a windup or not. He does mention a point of frustration for himself and others I've seen mentioned other places. I think we all get to feel the back side of others displeasure, dislike, whatever you want to call it, along the way.

Many talented blacks moved to Europe from the States because they didn't like the racist society that was prevalent in the USA, particularly in the 20th century. All things being equal, people will vote with their feet when they are butt of ill will. But that isn't always available. Sometimes money, family, or opportunity restricts them.

It is too bad erain can't post a more cogent arguement with less diatribe. His points would be better served. But I suppose people have said that about moi too.

DaveYo ... I had a number of acquaintances/friends that visited Thailand without any mention of the sex trade. This was well before I ever even thought of moving there, retirement wasn't even on my radar at that point. None of them talked about going out for the nightlife (or even an quick afternooner). Of course, they had their wives along and so forth. But I think there is a quite respectable tourist trade that has little or nothing to do with the availability of nubile young bed partners.

I know that it has little to do with my interest in Thailand. That mid 80's temperature in the winter and the current cost of living does. But, I will happily own to the fact that I have no intention of taking a vow of chastity upon entering the Kingdom either. I will probably spend more time hunting a good source of chocolate chips for cookies than I will spend trolling for companionship, since I tend to prize one over the other. :o

Jeepz

Why does this topic bring out the worst in people ?  Mr Plachon is not as bad as Nemesis, nevertheless his comments are removed.

I would suggest that it is because you and a number of other Residents, Businessmen, Corporate high rollers and the like, seem to have a massive superiority complex. Much of this board is sick of it.

Self appointed spokesman for the majority Bob ? Who forces you to stay ? :o

Why does this topic bring out the worst in people ?  Mr Plachon is not as bad as Nemesis, nevertheless his comments are removed.

I would suggest that it is because you and a number of other Residents, Businessmen, Corporate high rollers and the like, seem to have a massive superiority complex. Much of this board is sick of it.

Plenty of aquaintences read this forum and comment on your compelte lack of tolerance. I love Thailand Doctor and I'm not going anywhere.

Nemesis' anti Thai sentiments are removed by me, as will Nemesis be for any repeats of this behaviour.

Excuse me? I don't remember making any "racists" statements.

What, some Thais can treat us like second class citizens and we can't comment on it?

Am I allowed to mention the Ph.D Thai professor who, after an invitaion to join him at 1 pm. the next day for a trip to his home in Chiang Mai, didn't bother to call and cancel even when he was half way home by 2 p.m?

Or is that considered racist?

Nemesis' anti Thai sentiments are removed by me, as will Nemesis be for any repeats of this behaviour.

Excuse me? I don't remember making any "racists" statements.

Too much Christmas cheer perhaps ?

Social comment is fine, but this is not the place for anti Thai tirades.

we'd like to keep a popular website. Anti government sentiment from a senior member won't help that aim.

Maybe some of the government types need to read what some of the others who have been in their country for a while think. They might profit from it. No Thais thai I know of are going to criticize. No sirreee.

"A wise man can profit more from his enemies than a fool from his friends."

Baltasar Gracian 1601-1658

Are you confusing bland with popular?

Plenty of aquaintences read this forum and comment on your compelte lack of tolerance. I love Thailand Doctor and I'm not going anywhere.

I have NO tolerance for anti Thai sentiment and racisst comments. None whatsoever

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Thanks for your worthless contributions and denigration of Thailnad. For God's sake go to the countries that are beckoning you. Evidence of your witlessness is probably your assessment of where the Philippines stands in world affairs.

Edited by dr_Pat_Pong

I have NO tolerance for anti Thai sentiment and racisst comments. None whatsoever

I think you've lost the plot a bit. My 'no tolerance' comment was in reference to the 'poverty packers' as you refer to them. In that respect, I think it is fair to say that you demonstrate no understanding, compassion or indeed, tolerance. Is that not a fair statement?

As far as racism, I agree with you. Its not needed here. But if people have probelms with certain facets of Thailand, why can't they voice their concerns? As has been said, the vast majority of Thais will certainly not. Maybe it would be good for the government officials who have been rumoured to visit the site to at least hear some of the complaints out there. Or is it better to just ignore or actually, delete, any criticism? You and Thaksin may make a good team!

All the best,

Bob

in classical mythology, Nemesis was a GODDESS.

Good to know you know some mythodolgy. Did you do a Google search beforehand, or was that part of your knowledge base?

How do you know I'm not female?

You didn't answer my ? Did you take your username Patpong from how often you frequent that particular area typical of Thai culture that you are so adament of protecting, or is that just a coincidence?

Nemesis also means anyone or anything that seems inevitably to defeat or frustrate someone.

Does the truth frustrate you Patpong?

in classical mythology, Nemesis was a  GODDESS.

Good to know you know some mythodolgy. Did you do a Google search beforehand, or was that part of your knowledge base?

How do you know I'm not female?

You didn't answer my ? Did you take your username Patpong from how often you frequent that particular area typical of Thai culture that you are so adament of protecting, or is that just a coincidence?

Nemesis also means anyone or anything that seems inevitably to defeat or frustrate someone.

Does the truth frustrate you Patpong?

you know what khun Nemesis- you're weak

Wow - as the guy who started this thread - and looking at where it has gone - I probably shouldn't have made the orginal post. Ah - whatever.

At any rate, when it comes to the concept of "nemesis," I am forever ruined- I will ALWAYS associate that term with the scene in the movie "Snatch" when the definition of "nemesis" is explained to the n'er-do-wells who tried to rob the bookie joint. Great scene.

As someone who came here "once upon a time" on legitimate business - and then became attracted to the P4P scene - and later "graduated" back to a main focus upon business here - I can say with a fair degree of certainty that:

1. The "sex tourist" program is in for some dismal times for the near future - in many ways.

2. For legitimate business, in 2004, Thailand is "the right place, at the right time" - at least, if you are already established here. Thailand is poised to dominate the ASEAN region - at least for the next 18-24 months.

Happy New Year everybody!

Indo-Siam

The best of families seem to spat over Christmas New Year Indo Siam. All fun, but I have a problem with the racists, and remain bewildered why they stay on here, and can't help but to kick butt where it is deserved. Happy New Year to you too. It was sad that Nemesis didn't know he'd undergone a midlife gender change.

:oB):D