Gay Activists Call For Same-Sex Marriage Law In Thailand

webfact

Thank you just what we need today a name caller! - you are a credit to the gay militant faction - and have obviously not read the thread where I have defended gay equal rights and several other posters similar views to mine

You haven't -- you have defended "less-than-equal" rights. In fact, you started by questioning the logic of it, then made bogus claims about religion in Thailand and gay marriages being counter to Buddhism. Then you brought in Tibetan Buddhism and misrepresented that as well ......

The post that Tawp replied to has you calling me arrogant etc .... which makes it a bit hypocritical to complain about being called a name.

You are also making an assumption that someone else is gay ... which to my knowledge is a fact not in evidence.

Always "fun" to have you around though :)

boring.. boring... you lost the argument a long time ago smile.gif what's the thing with the 'fun'? in every post?

hmmm Beat you on the logic argument -- you dropped it and switched to Thai Buddhism

beat you on the Thai Buddhism argument .... you switched to Tibetan.

beat you on the Tibetan Buddhism argument (even though we are in Thailand .. LOL) ...

then beat you on the parenting and marriage arguments ... so simply --- you are correct.

The name calling thing ... well I guess I beat you on that too since quoted in the very post you were complaining about someone calling you a name ... you were calling someone else names :)

You are "fun" :)

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you just what we need today a name caller! - you are a credit to the gay militant faction - and have obviously not read the thread where I have defended gay equal rights and several other posters similar views to mine

You haven't -- you have defended "less-than-equal" rights. In fact, you started by questioning the logic of it, then made bogus claims about religion in Thailand and gay marriages being counter to Buddhism. Then you brought in Tibetan Buddhism and misrepresented that as well ......

The post that Tawp replied to has you calling me arrogant etc .... which makes it a bit hypocritical to complain about being called a name.

You are also making an assumption that someone else is gay ... which to my knowledge is a fact not in evidence.

Always "fun" to have you around though :)

boring.. boring... you lost the argument a long time ago smile.gif what's the thing with the 'fun'? in every post?

hmmm Beat you on the logic argument -- you dropped it and switched to Thai Buddhism

beat you on the Thai Buddhism argument .... you switched to Tibetan.

beat you on the Tibetan Buddhism argument (even though we are in Thailand .. LOL) ...

then beat you on the parenting and marriage arguments ... so simply --- you are correct.

The name calling thing ... well I guess I beat you on that too since quoted in the very post you were complaining about someone calling you a name ... you were calling someone else names :)

You are "fun" :)

a legend in your own mind smile.gif

Samurai#193.

Whatever your reasons for throwing the BLACK issue to compare-your on your own, if you have a headache about it -then keep it. I understand why your using it BUT have blacks a problem with gay marriage if so leave it to another topic, or we will be inundated with posts about all minorities.

According to your further crazy notion about the last post to me that people choose to be gay. Now about your fixed idea on how a gay TURNS gay, The best thing is to get around gay people and ask them if they have a choice-like which way to go, now this=YOU SAID-QUOTE===((((((=meanwhile sexual orientation can depend on your open-mindedness and if you have developed a phobia of a certain gender or not. Who you wanna penetrate or by who you want to get penetrated.

That isn't all pure biologistic and natural, but social constructs of gender roles))))))))) .I,m sorry you have completely missed the boat !!! and unless you can get some TRUE personal comments and learn from gay people, then choose another topic. You seem to be best at arguing your position regarding the P.M. topic. Knowing the subject is one thing but not knowing and arguing about it is another. What I posted here is for real and what is going on -reality- anyway no hard feelings :jap::whistling:

The BLACK issue was brought up by someone else with posting a Rosa Parks photo. An iconographic photo of her at the police station.

Maybe you don't know that photo and don't know Rosa Parks so you don't know what the photo stands for.

The white gay man who posted that Rosa parks photo argued "that in most countries/jurisdictions with "alternative" marriage access for gays that is not called marriage, gays don't have anything CLOSE to the exact same right as the oppressing heterosexuals. " And than he likens this tremendous "discrimination"(laws that recognize and offer a registered partnership for same-sex couples, but don't call it 'marriage' and using alternative names like civil union) to the racial segregation and Jim Crow laws in the USA.

Only as reply to it i posted that article with the headline: Gay rights, black struggle not the same

You completely ignored the point and main concern of that article. The black writer doesn't seem to have a problem with gays as long they don't "attempt to identify their perceived struggle for equality with the struggle for equality that African Americans have gone through" and explains where he sees the difference.

Admit, the writers take on homosexuality, choice and free will is poorly worded. He wanted to point out the difference between race and homosexuality once more. (Here we could also start to argue what race actually is) There are certain criteria why people identify other people as belonging to a certain race. People will say you are black because of your skin colour. Your skin is probably black or coloured because at least one of your parents is black too. Because the determination and identification/classification of your "race" is done by others, it's pretty hard to escape it. If you have a black skin or your parents are black you cannot declare or make yourself to a "White". There is no space in the closet that would allows silence about racial identity.

Meanwhile sexuality is more a case of self-identification. With your action and interaction with others you let the people know what you are. "Don't Ask, Don't Tell". A black man in a black community will never hear the question: "Have you had your coming out already? Did you told your parents that you are black?" As long you don't tell everyone "I am a homosexual, i am proud of it and that is what i wanted to be" no-one would really take notice that you are a homosexual. I think that is what the writer of the article wanted to say.

I know that "homosexuality" isn't a choice of a free will. But that is not that what the article wants to argue about. And it wasn't some 'black opinion' against homosexuals and against gay-marriage.

You might also consider what people who define themselves as Black, African American and Same Gender Loving think about "gays", lesbians", the

"Gay Liberation movement", the "gay culture in San Francisco, Greenwich Village, West Hollywood"

http://bmxny.org/bmxabout.htm

What exactly you think is wrong in my statement:

"sexual orientation can depend on your open-mindedness and if you have developed a phobia of a certain gender or not. Who you wanna penetrate or by who you want to get penetrated.

That isn't all pure biologistic and natural, but social constructs of gender roles"

For you homosexuality seems to be a natural thing, i agree with it in the sense that i would say 'homosexuality' is not something that is unnatural, perverse or against nature.

Phobias are a cultural learned thing, like homophobia for example. It hinders people to try out how it is to engage in sexual activities with a same sex partner and to find out how much joy and fun it actually could be, maybe.

Biphobia might spoil the fun for hetero- and homosexuals.

Other cultures have different sexual system than the west. A masculine macho man, who has sex with other men(and maybe also with women) isn't necessarily seen as gay or homosexual as long he is the one who penetrates. Not the gender of the partner makes a difference, but who play the active role and who the passive and submissive role.

Categories to describe and define human sexuality are historically and culturally specific. They are social construct, concepts that only exist within a certain culture. Like homosexuality is a social construct.

You say I have to learn from some gay people to know what is "TRUE", right?

What is if i got, heard or learned that "crazy notion" about social constructs from some people who could without doubt be described as gay?

Take Michel Foucault for example, do you know something from him, about him?

A Frenchman, smarter than the average, he died 1984 on Aids, he was gay. He wrote a couple of books that made him to one of the most cited author in the fields of humanities.

Foucault came up with the claim that homosexuality is a social construct, a recent Western concept, not much older than 150 years.

http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/med/thorp.html

Sexuality itself, not only homosexuality, and gender roles, gender identities and so on are social constructs for Foucault.

And with Foucault's way of thoughts one could also take a closer look at heterosexuality and ask how about that? Is heterosexuality an immutable fact of nature?

The American gay Jonathan Ned Katz, author of "Gay American History: Lesbians and Gay Men in the U.S.A." answers that question with: No, heterosexuality is not an immutable fact of nature, not the normal feature of human behavior. It is a social-historical construction, it was invented. just as homosexuality.

http://www.press.uchicago.edu/ucp/books/book/chicago/I/bo5387736.html

JD - a word you like to throw around a lot is "bigot"

I suggest you look in the mirror before continuing to label others as a bigot.

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

exactly but he's too arrogant to ever even consider it - sad really

I am writing it for my own pleasure and edification

therein lies the truth :) still it must be very comforting to think you are always right :)

Yes, unlike you that seem to write most of your posts knowing that you are wrong or on thin ice.

Lanna-loving Gay-bashing Red Shirt supporter...CM51 has a farang member?

he/she didn't come across to me or other posters as 'gay bashing' at all - or a red shirt - did you bother to read all the posts? this is wierd

Samurai #213

What the hell is all this Shizen about-Blacks other minorities, do you want to write a book??? I was on TOPIC re gay marriage, until all this lot appeared, I answered some ridiculous notions re-choosing to be gay--amongst others.

suggesting I was or implying I am-is sod all to do with you or anyone else. And to be shoving this USA black and minorities thing around I AM NOT INTERESTED. I am a minority here in Thailand as a European, but I dont have a hang up about it, i'm aware we are limited to how we conduct ourselves. Minorities of any sort is NOT the topic, so just drop it and comment on weather you agree to same sex marriage law in Thailand. Homosexuality seems a natural thing to me YOU SAID---mind your business.--Do you understand that I read forum and respond when I feel like it. but never want to get into the depths that you seem to want. please back off a little lighten up.