Age Gap - Younger Thai Wife And Older Aussie.

happydaze

Quite. Everybody knows that young women (around the world) find old men (without money) incredibly attractive....:whistling:

Your sarcasm doesn't become you, F1fanatic. Who really knows what any one person finds attractive. I've known men who find fat women very attractive... the fatter the better. I know men who find much older women attractive. I know women who only stay with men who beat them. There is no getting inside the head of anyone... although psychologists do try... and most often fail. But, money DOES enhance the appeal of just about anyone... including women.

Absolute rubbish.

You're right that who knows what another finds attractive - but its odd the way pretty much all the women here find Western men attractive, never mind how old they are :rolleyes:

Funnily enough, most of those incredibly attractive men here were unattractive in the West - they may have been reasonably wealthy, but not wealthy enough to attract the gold-diggers in the West.

I must add that 'gold diggers' in the West are actually quite rare, unlike here....

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite. Everybody knows that young women (around the world) find old men (without money) incredibly attractive....:whistling:

Your sarcasm doesn't become you, F1fanatic. Who really knows what any one person finds attractive. I've known men who find fat women very attractive... the fatter the better. I know men who find much older women attractive. I know women who only stay with men who beat them. There is no getting inside the head of anyone... although psychologists do try... and most often fail. But, money DOES enhance the appeal of just about anyone... including women.

Absolute rubbish.

You're right that who knows what another finds attractive - but its odd the way pretty much all the women here find Western men attractive, never mind how old they are :rolleyes:

Funnily enough, most of those incredibly attractive men here were unattractive in the West - they may have been reasonably wealthy, but not wealthy enough to attract the gold-diggers in the West.

I must add that 'gold diggers' in the West are actually quite rare, unlike here....

When you post a joke you are supposed to put a smiliey face like this. :D

You must be a painter with a brush that broad. What makes you think the men in Thailand are unnattractive in the west? I haven't done a poll but would hazard just a wild guess and say that most men western men that live in Thailand were previously married in the west, obviously attractive enough to have an ex.

You will probably also find that whilst most men can in fact find a woman in the west, they prefer what they find in the east. The women of the west are also a lot more expensive to have as gf's and especially as an ex. Western men prefer the Thai girls and the Thai girls prefer the western men. What's the issue?

Do you feel threatened that thai women like western men?

<br />it's not that bad you said that you both hit it off great and you are fit and healthy ,there you go good luck to you both .<br /><br />I've seen worse . recently in Pattaya some old geezer around 65 pushing a pram with a 1 year old and a wife that looked early 20 s . now that's an age difference to worry about<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Yep.. I hate that look.

Don't, they are just envious. And as for age, it is merely a number. People can be very different at the same age. And a difference of 17 is not that unusual. Even in the west. My parents, both born in the early first part of the previous century, were 20 years apart. I have always admired Asian and Thai girls and after the ending of a long marriage in the west, I moved to Thailand. My wife here is 34 years younger and we have a really good life together. But no children. I feel it would not be fair to them growing up with a father who can be their gran or maybe not there any more when they grow up.

Two things worry me in your story. You said your wife's pregnancy was an accident. There is no such thing. Unless you were both too drunk to know what you were doing at the conception, she knew exactly what she did. And she lied to you! Why on earth would she lie saying she was four years older? Makes no sense. And she kept on lying to you. That is normal for a Thai but it is unacceptable in a relation. For me, at least. I don't lie about anything and if my wife should lie, then it is finished, trust is gone. But these are my views.

You have put yourself in a position you have to live with as you are responsible for a child. Thai girls tend to try us and see how far they can go, be it with money spending, lying, looking at tv or whatever. It is up to you what you allow. If you allow anything because you love her so much or you don't want to fuss or whatever, she is not going to respect you. She won't. Think about it. Thais do not think the same way western people do.

For many years in the West the right age for a wife was considered to be half the man's age plus seven.

That means that as a single man aged 49 I should be looking for a wife aged 31 - 32 years old. That sounds about right to me, although maybe a little young.

If you're a man of 35 then a 17 year age gap is a bit much but at 50 it's not so unreasonable. :)

29 years difference (I'm 50, she's 21) for me and seems to be working well as we've been together nearly 2 years. And yes, she's poor, Lao and I met her in Pattaya. I'm amazed this is still an issue with some.

Hi Thanks, thats great everything is going well for you. I am stating to get 2 things from some posts I have done. One is if the mother in laws are also nice and caring people not money crabing cows then no mater what the age the marrage has a better then good chance of being succefull and the second is that for some the book PRIVATE DANCER seemd to be taken as gosble.

• 5 months later...

Absolute rubbish.

Gold diggers rare in the west LMFAO!!!!! show me one man in the west that got out of a divorce lightly, rich divorcee socialite or bar girl...same basket there just different prices. You sound like your in denial here

Your bitterness does nobody any good, please move on.

Every time I see an old poppy with a beautiful young Thai women it makes me smile...I think good on you mate, It sure beats hanging out at the RSL club playing bingo with Doris.

And my smile increases when I think about the western women that are frothing at the mouth with pure rage at this scenario. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

To the OP its awesome that you have yourself a beautiful young bride, don't listen to the knockers

Edited by snamos

About the criticism that Thai women are attracted by money, how is that any more superficial than if a man or woman is attracted by physical looks? Most western women "marry up", and they all seem to do rather well in divorce (which they initiate most of the time, funny that..).

A lot of people's dating "pre-conditions" are rather arbitrary: ability to provide, good genes (physical attraction) etc, yet very important and crucial. Do you see many western women dating homeless guys? After those pre-conditions are met, then of course personality and character is important. I think it's a deception to pretend we're all noble and self-sacrificing when it comes to dating. If you look at any species, it's always about mating with the strongest, fittest, prettiest. I don't know any species (outside of western notions of romance) where a male and female do not care about these pre-conditions.

I think there is some bitterness with some people in that they can't accept that older men can circumvent the western "rules of dating" by dating young attractive Thai women. The truth is: there are no rules, and there's no shame to feel (you only live once). It seems to be a power thing with some western women - they want "their men" under their control or something (it's always a particular type of western woman who complain about western guys dating Thai women).

Edited by TingTawng

"with no reason to go looking for a farang.......We met online.......

:blink:

:blink: +1

and....First my wife is no poor Isaan girl. She was middle class, with a job ect... with no reason to go looking for a farang.

This is a fact for all Thai visa wives .....right :lol:

About the criticism that Thai women are attracted by money, how is that any more superficial than if a man or woman is attracted by physical looks? Most western women "marry up", and they all seem to do rather well in divorce (which they initiate most of the time, funny that..).

A lot of people's dating "pre-conditions" are rather arbitrary: ability to provide, good genes (physical attraction) etc, yet very important and crucial. Do you see many western women dating homeless guys? After those pre-conditions are met, then of course personality and character is important. I think it's a deception to pretend we're all noble and self-sacrificing when it comes to dating. If you look at any species, it's always about mating with the strongest, fittest, prettiest. I don't know any species (outside of western notions of romance) where a male and female do not care about these pre-conditions.

I think there is some bitterness with some people in that they can't accept that older men can circumvent the western "rules of dating" by dating young attractive Thai women. The truth is: there are no rules, and there's no shame to feel (you only live once). It seems to be a power thing with some western women - they want "their men" under their control or something (it's always a particular type of western woman who complain about western guys dating Thai women).

+1

Agree, and I haven't a young Thai wife, beautiful and in her 40's, yes. Lots of envy out there from those who haven't the ''balls'' to take life by the ''horns'' eh. :D

Every time I see an old poppy with a beautiful young Thai women it makes me smile...I think good on you mate, It sure beats hanging out at the RSL club playing bingo with Doris.

And my smile increases when I think about the western women that are frothing at the mouth with pure rage at this scenario. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

To the OP its awesome that you have yourself a beautiful young bride, don't listen to the knockers

Every time I see that scenario I think sad desperate nonce but hey we are all different and have different opinions I always think would they be happy if there young daughter turned up with some wrinkly old man 20+ years their elder , and I'm sorry I don't believe them if they say they have mo problem with it I mean what decent parent/father would be happy that a 50 year old man is banging the arse of there 20 year old daughter.

Edited by taninthai

Every time I see that scenario I think sad desperate nonce but hey we are all different and have different opinions I always think would they be happy if there young daughter turned up with some wrinkly old man 20+ years their elder , and I'm sorry I don't believe them if they say they have mo problem with it I mean what decent parent/father would be happy that a 50 year old man is banging the arse of there 20 year old daughter.

Most of us don't have to think about that.

We are so old, and our gfs are so young that we will be dead by the time any offspring we produce are teens.

More of a problem for you guys that missed out on getting a much younger woman though.

I say 'yay' to having a much much younger wife/gf.

PS

My dating marriage partner pre-conditions were cute and fertile. (good post from TingTawng)

Edited by ludditeman

Mine is 22 and relatively uneducated by western standards. Not a problem for me, not a problem for her. So why would anyone try and make it THEIR problem.

Western women seem to think that because a younger western woman wouldn't want an older western man then no one else would. It's news to them that other cultures play by their own rules, not the rules western women seem to think the world should be run by.

A hot young babe in farangland gets hit on all the time, can usually take her pick of men and be as fussy as she likes. Then the men will usually want to find something a bit deeper in her personality.

Thailand for us 'oldies' is just the same.

I have no idea why some would think we can't find women in our own countries etc. I can find plenty, but none that I'd want to go out with or even be seen in public with. I'm very happy with my thai girl and she very happy with her farang 'baby boy' (as she calls me).

I guess some farang women just don't like us oldies to be happy, they'd rather we were as miserable in life as they are.

Mine is 22 and relatively uneducated by western standards. Not a problem for me, not a problem for her. So why would anyone try and make it THEIR problem.

Western women seem to think that because a younger western woman wouldn't want an older western man then no one else would. It's news to them that other cultures play by their own rules, not the rules western women seem to think the world should be run by.

A hot young babe in farangland gets hit on all the time, can usually take her pick of men and be as fussy as she likes. Then the men will usually want to find something a bit deeper in her personality.

Thailand for us 'oldies' is just the same.

I have no idea why some would think we can't find women in our own countries etc. I can find plenty, but none that I'd want to go out with or even be seen in public with. I'm very happy with my thai girl and she very happy with her farang 'baby boy' (as she calls me).

I guess some farang women just don't like us oldies to be happy, they'd rather we were as miserable in life as they are.

Must agree,

When l divorced my farang wife, she heard from a ''source'' that l was contemplating going to Thailand, the shit really hit the fan :o, and she had already teamed up with another bloke :huh:.

When l divorced my farang wife, she heard from a ''source'' that l was contemplating going to Thailand, the shit really hit the fan :o, and she had already teamed up with another bloke :huh:.

For some reason divorced women seldom wish happiness on their former husbands.

Exactly wallaby. How is that any less superficial than an older guy in Thailand having his pick of Thai women? And yet in the west, an attractive woman who gets the pick of the guys is seen as simply being lucky in the DNA lottery, and she "legitimately" deserves her pick of the best. Yet a guy works hard, builds up some wealth (re: NOT luck, but hard work), goes half way around the world, and meets a woman who likes him because he primarily matches a pre-condition of hers (to provide), and they later get on well in terms of personality/character - that's seen as "cheating"? Certain western women really like to twist reality.

My partner pre-conditions were cute and fertile.

But....but....that's not right....she has to woo you with her ability to recite whole swathes of Thai poetry (and she has to do this while looking up at the sky in a wistful kind of way), and her random acts of kindness, and her love of theatre. :lol:

Edited by TingTawng

the answers here are based on the age gap of the people answering,

reality is the majority, not all but a massive huge majority are using the old men.

Are they taken in by the old mans looks, of coarse not, personality maybe but wouldn't they generally have more in common with someone more there own age, of coarse.

must be something else attracting them.

my wife is 3 years younger, her sisters boyfriend is the same age although he is thai (host of the soccer show), may sound shallow but they would be very embarrassed to walk arm in arm with an old man and there father would kill them.

some are no doubt in love but looking at the majority, its dodgy as hell, the one who are real good luck to them.

Edited by mataus101

reality is the majority, not all but a massive huge majority are using the old men.

Are they taken in by the old mans looks, of coarse not, personality maybe but wouldn't they generally have more in common with someone more there own age, of coarse.

my wife is 3 years younger, her sisters boyfriend is the same age although he is thai (host of the soccer show), may sound shallow but they would be very embarrassed to walk arm in arm with an old man and there father would kill them.

some are no doubt in love but looking at the majority, its dodgy as hell, the one who are real good luck to them.

Life has it's twist and turns, I have had many, but just imagine when you are 60 and you lose your wife (god forbid), what will YOU do ?, look for an old biddy or perhaps you still feel a bit of a lad, and one life. Do you give up or go for it. Many here have the balls to go for it and not give up. My ex farang wife was 17 years younger than me, and strangely it wasn't totally age difference that caused the split after 25 years.

When you look at it, marriage is a bloody lottery whether in farangland or Thailand.

Farangland doesn't exactly have a huge success rate for what some consider more 'appropriate' age gaps.

When I was about 34 I had a farang gf who was 18. When I was 40 I had a farang gf who was 23. So to me, at 48 having a thai gf of 22 is no surprise to me or my friends and the only real difference now is that she has a different skin colour.

Perhaps it's the Asian thing others simply like to gripe about.

I usually find that women don't approve and their husbands agree with them, until they are outside of their wife's earshot then they call me a lucky bastard. :)

the success rate would be higher if the couples were closer in age, its difficult because some people succeed and defy the logic of the majority, some couples with a large gap pull it off.

its a gamble, i would not like my daughter with a much older man, I would hate it.

many girls may use the older man but the older men are likewise using them, she gets looked after financially and he gets his needs seen to, its a business transaction in most cases not love.

however remember i said most not all.

many are like a bargirl with 1 permanent customer.

Hundreds of child brides flown into Australia on special visas

Save this story to read later

by: By Padraic Murphy

November 07, 2011 12:00AM

Teens granted "prospective spouse" visas

Most from Middle East or South-East Asia

Child safety campaigners demand inquiry

HUNDREDS of 17-year-old girls have been brought to Australia to get married under a government visa program.

Figures show that more than two hundred 17-year-old girls were granted prospective spouse visas over the past five years - a figure child safety campaigners branded as shocking.

Hundreds more 18-, 19-, and 20-year-old women also received the visas after being sponsored by older men. The majority of the teenagers were from the Middle East or Southeast Asian cou

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/visa-alarm-over-imported-teen-brides/story-e6frfkvr-1226187186422#ixzz1d0Dm7f97

I love being used by a younger woman, use me some more baby!

And I know how to spell "of course" so the girls clearly love me for my higher education, rather than my unbelievably fat wallet.

PS

Change your avatar if you want any 'streed cred' in this thread.

Edited by ludditeman

not after streed cred, you can spell so reading should not be a problem.

reread what i wrote, i said most, not all, most.

and there is a reason we are having this discussion, and a reason many people see it as being dodgy, because of the number of stories that are out there, regarding people using each other.

because its happening in massive numbers.

even if you deny it, its there.

will not delete my avatar of my khru and I, proud of that pic.

why are you angry anyway.

is it not true that most are using each other, of coarse they are.

can you send an avatar that meets your strict standards.

thankyou for also pointing out your wealth and education, i am truly impressed by your greatness.

i really hope i am accepted by the powers that be in this thread, i am longing for that.

so arrogant