Age Gap - Younger Thai Wife And Older Aussie.

happydaze

My great grandfather made two trips from Ohio to California on horseback traveling with a wagon train. On his second trip he found approx. $6,000.00 of gold in 1850 money. At age 60 he married a 28 year old woman and had six kids with her. He died at the age of 101 years. Something tells me it kept him young. Go for it. Btw., one of his daughter's -my grandmother on my fathers side- married an M.D that lived on an ajacent farm that she grew up with and went on to be Ohio's 1st woman legislator. Life's a trip.

Edited by Zampan0

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My great grandfather made two trips from Ohio to California on horseback traveling with a wagon train. On his second trip he found approx. $6,000.00 of gold in 1850 money. At age 60 he married a 28 year old woman and had six kids with her. He died at the age of 101 years. Something tells me it kept him young. Go for it. Btw., one of his daughter's -my grandmother on my fathers side- married an M.D that lived on an ajacent farm that she grew up with and went on to be Ohio's 1st woman legislator. Life's a trip.

+1, Good stuff. :)

Every time I see an old poppy with a beautiful young Thai women it makes me smile...I think good on you mate, It sure beats hanging out at the RSL club playing bingo with Doris.

And my smile increases when I think about the western women that are frothing at the mouth with pure rage at this scenario. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

To the OP its awesome that you have yourself a beautiful young bride, don't listen to the knockers

I have to agree. It makes everyone smile with happiness when they see this.

By the way, thank you for the vitriolic post and then pressing the 'cannot reply' button.

Every time I see an old poppy with a beautiful young Thai women it makes me smile...I think good on you mate, It sure beats hanging out at the RSL club playing bingo with Doris.

And my smile increases when I think about the western women that are frothing at the mouth with pure rage at this scenario. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

To the OP its awesome that you have yourself a beautiful young bride, don't listen to the knockers

By the way, thank you for the vitriolic post and then pressing the 'cannot reply' button.

:lol: f1, personally I don't give a toss who dates who. If you are happy and the other person is happy and nobody is being hurt (key point there I might add), I really do not care. Why would I froth at the mouth when I could be less interested in an old fart myself? :)

:lol: f1, personally I don't give a toss who dates who. If you are happy and the other person is happy and nobody is being hurt (key point there I might add), I really do not care. Why would I froth at the mouth when I could be less interested in an old fart myself? :)

I am old- (ish) but never ''fart'' in a ladies presence. :)

And as you are Tv staff, at what age does a member become an old fart ?

Edited by transam

I aim to please rolleyes.gif

Why post then? By quoting my post its sort of indicating you do give a toss

Edited by snamos

"Are they taken in by the old mans looks, of coarse not, personality maybe but wouldn't they generally have more in common with someone more there own age, of coarse.

must be something else attracting them."

Here is the thing. A lot of the attraction between that older man and younger gal is irrational. Have you ever had a Thai young woman show you a pic of her ugly old man and rave about how handsome he is? I have seen this more than once. And we're talking ugly fellow- huge nose- very thin white hair- just not attractive by most standards of Western women. She has this falang envy thing going on, or something of that nature- and same for the guy! He has a young ASIAN gal- with her short, cute nose and almond-shaped eyes and even if she is not tall with ravishing good looks she is "exotic" to him.

So great! And if he can be faithful and provide a good lifestyle for her even better!!!!! Perception is reality so let them relish their own little dream-world. It is their own. As far as having more in common with someone your own age- for what purpose? My wife and I have a business in common that we are building, and we travel Asia and the West together and if she would rather marry a motorcycle taxi driver with whom she shares more (common culture, music, economic status, etc) she certainly had that option. But she chose this life, so what's wrong with that? She wasn't born with money so it is hard to marry up- it's more difficult here for a daughter-in-law to be accepted if she is poor and the husband's family is "rich" in Asia. We are far from rich, but relatively- sure!

I am 67 and my lady is 38, a beautiful, poor girl from Isaan and one time BG. Fortunately I don't look a day over 65 and I'm still fit with all my hair.

We've been together for over one year with no issues except occasional disagreements about whether to go to the beach or not. She loves martial arts and action movies (me too), classic rock and roll (me too), Thai food (me too), shopping (me too), traveling (me too), occasional nights out on the town (me too) and has a crazy sense of humor (me too - we laugh a lot). We call ourselves "The Beautiful Couple" (we're half right).

Neither of us have unreasonable expectations about the future and I do my part by helping her every month with $500 USD for her family.

Life is good.

What I think...

I see an older guy with a younger girl and I automatically jump to a conclusion. It's honest to say that while I try not to judge people, it’s sometimes difficult not to.

I see the much younger girl and feel sorry for her. But, she has also made a choice and the guy 'might' be looking after her nicely.

I see the much older guy and think, lucky bugger (just so long as he is not misleading himself that this is true love).

I hope to live to a ripe old age with my soul mate. If things go wrong and I become single in the future I doubt I would want to date an old woman, but I'd like to keep an open mind. If I have the option, of course I would choose a younger more attractive lady, social stigma aside, why not ?

We can only do what makes us happy, and if an old guy can find a young girl and they can both be happy regardless of the reasons, then good on him and good on her.

Even better if they can ignore and not worry about the social stigma and image attached with becoming the 'stereotype'....

I think people are happy and respectful when they see what on their terms is a mutually ideal couple. When people see some disparity on whatever terms that disparity may fall, eyebrows become raised.....

When I walk around Singapore I notice few couples which make me think of topic brought up in this thread. When I’m in Bangkok I see more couples which make me think of topics brought up in this thread. When I’m in Pattaya I see loads of couples which make me think of topics brought up in this thread… (i.e. he’s paying her !)…

I wonder why that is? Could it be that in Singapore there are far less financially insecure females?

When my Wife and I married... Friends of my Father In Law confessed that they were worried about his daughter marrying a Westerner until they saw me (3 year age gap). For some reason they thought I might be a lot older…

So.. Fathers and even Friends of fathers definitely do not like their daughters to marry older guys... But I also suspect that many of them themselves play around with younger women on the side !

My friend you have a problem within yourself, who gives a SHIT how much older you are than your Thai wife, i am 64 and my thai wife is 35, as long as she is happy and also that you are, do not worry what other people think, that is not important, get on with your life and enjoy your family, life is TOO SHORT to be worried about small things like age difference.

Agree with majority of posts on this subject.Who cares what other people think.It's you and your wife's life.It's probably jealousy that brings out the comments that are negative.Enjoy life and don't worry about the giggles.I find that most decent asian women,seasoned bar girls excluded,have a low tolerance to alcohol.As for the conversation part that makes you feel uneasy,just give and take and cut her some slack.If she is a good woman then these are minor problems.Remember,finding a good woman here in thailand is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

after reading this, it confirms in my mind why so many men get screwed over.

i never saw this age gap thing with japanese girls, why is that, only in the poorer nations.

no old guy is going to admit it, would she marry you if you lived in bankok and earned 6000bht a mth.

thats a question that should be asked.

My friend you have a problem within yourself, who gives a SHIT how much older you are than your Thai wife, i am 64 and my thai wife is 35, as long as she is happy and also that you are, do not worry what other people think, that is not important, get on with your life and enjoy your family, life is TOO SHORT to be worried about small things like age difference.

+1 :)

My experience.

I've long sampled the delights of Asia, going back more than 40 years, since my first visit to Singapore as a young airman. I loved Asian women and still do. I was even married to an Australian born Chinese for 20+ years, and I've lived in several Asian countries.

When in Asia, I am embarrassed to be seen with a woman who looks much, much younger than I am, so I don't go after 20 year olds, not 60 year olds either, but around 40-45. I dont' care what others think, but I do care what I feel, and I am uncomfortable with a much younger woman. I have nothing in common with her, she has nothing in common with me, so there can be only one reason she is with me and that's $. That's what makes me feel uncomfortable.

Back home I am with a woman who is 18 years younger than me, a tertiary educated professional woman. I don't feel in the least uncomfortable with her, but I may if she was only 25?? The same logic would apply here as in Asia. Why would a 25 yo local woman want a 60+ man? $ again ?

I don't condemn any man who fancies himself with a woman 40 years younger, but I think they are largely deluding themselves about the true motives, particularly in a very poor country. Japanese women like farang men, but not because of economic circumstances, but because Japanese men threat them so badly.

I see posts from guys saying their wives are very happy with them, and I imagine they are. Most would be happy (and faithful) when they come from a background of 60 hour working weeks for B6000 a month, and Asian women seem to be able to 'divorce' (or maybe [intentionally] confuse) feelings of love and financial security, but that happens in the west too, although probably not on such a scale.

My post is not intended to fire anybody up, just my perceptions of the situation.

Edited by F4UCorsair

LOVE. I heard tell once when an westerner asked an easterner about arranged marriages and why they work, the easterner said the difference was the same as the difference in the way we make tea. "In the west you bring the water to a boil and then add the tea. In the east, you add the tea and bring it to a boil". My mother when she remarried, married a man the same age as myself, she was 48, he was 27. I thought each of them must be mad and it wouldn't last. They were still together when she died at 72.

On the lighter side--my favorite Doonesbury cartoon has one of its characters ( my guess in his 50s) making a pass at a younger woman. She says to him " gee, you must be over 50, why don't you go after someone your own age!. He looks around and see a woman about his age and walks over to her. She looks at him and says " Gees, you must make less than 50!"

17 years age gap between myself and my wife, she is in her 40's. We have a great time together, never thought the age gap would be a problem. You shouldn't either.

Your not quite 40 years old that is hardly old! So why worry about age gaps. if you were in your 60's it might be different. Besides your as young as the person your feeling (up) :rolleyes:

Consider it when the shoe is on :bah: the other foot,i was 25 years of age , newly divorced, stuck in a german intensive care ward, tubes and bits of metal poking out all over the place,with a really cute nurse taking care of me, out of care over a period of 9 months became love (Or So I Thought :annoyed: ) as I slowly learned to walk and generally funktion again as a human being, we decided to get wed(first huge mistake)she told me she was 7 years older than me,:crying: at the standesamt after the service I noticed in her family book she was 44 and had a daughter my age!!2nd big mistake the will was written in german, so started 24 years of hell, it was cheaper to share a house with her than divorce her.luckily she died natural cauases HONEST!!!!!:whistling: Confucius say clever man not think with his willy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...