Age Gap - Younger Thai Wife And Older Aussie.

happydaze

Hi,

First my wife is no poor Isaan girl. She was middle class, with a job ect... with no reason to go looking for a farang.

We met online & 6 months later we decided to meet up in Thailand. We hit it of great, so great the she feel pregnant. This is not somthing I am proud of or even had done before but its what happend.

As it was I was under the impresion she was 26, a 13 year age gap. I had never been interested in the slightest way about dating a girl younger then me by 10 years but again we hit it of.

The problem is that when we applied for a visa I then learnt that she was imfact 17 years younger then me, ( I wasn't happy about the little white lie) but to late we had a baby on the way so i did the right thing and married her.

Now when we go out and she makes her self up and gets the giggles after a wines. Or even when she is just talking with friends in my social group, I really feel way to old for my wife, even though her last Thai boy friend was imfact 24 years older then her..!! Maybe she needs a father figure as she lost him when she was young, I don't know. I am very young looking, fit and active myself so I know we don't look like an of ballance couple.

But just for interest sake I would like to get different points of view, I am sure this has come up befor on forums but I am new to all this... I would just like to here from anyone who has some oppinion.

I would like to not feel this way and not be bothered by the gap, we have a healthy baby so I just like not to feel it but I do..

Thanks

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 16 years older than my wife and she always say I act younger than her. Not bothered in the slightest by the age difference, never had a comment on it by anyone and couldn't care less if there had been. Wifey has a very mature head on her shoulders and I'm proud to call her my wife and love her too bits.

Who cares what others think. The deed is done and you are now married with a child. It is what you decide to do from now on that matters. Nobody but yourselves can say what is right or wrong. I've seen marriages that were supposedly made in heaven between two people of similar backgrounds and ages, fail miserably. I also know of several happy couples who are over 35 years apart in ages. And yet, they have been married close to 10 years with no problems. There is no one size fits all answer. Anyone who thinks there is has marbles for brains. I think the cultural differences might be more of a problem than the age difference. But, it's only a problem if you make it one.

She doesn't get the giggles after drinking wine because she's younger than you but because she has no tolerance of alcohol.

Either tell her to stop drinking it or get her to drink a bottle a day until she builds up the tolerance (and needs 2 bottles a day)!!

She doesn't get the giggles after drinking wine because she's younger than you but because she has no tolerance of alcohol.

Either tell her to stop drinking it or get her to drink a bottle a day until she builds up the tolerance (and needs 2 bottles a day)!!

top advice

Personally I thank GOD/BUDDHA everyday I am able to live here with my darling ( 12 years my junior ) she is wonderful to the extreme but having said that coming from OZ myself and having to put up with an 80 kilo plus white woman who's mouth also grew at an alarming rate for 12 years

she didn't have to beat much..Just enjoy the ride and also fatherhood with all its wonders...:rolleyes:

Age gap myself and my wife is 17 years. Who cares what others think, enjoy being a father.

Unless she is 16 (not including USA), and you are 17 years older.

;-)

Seriously, I agree.

As long as the lady is already considered as an adult (some maturity), it doesnt matter.

An older man is often preferred by the ladies, as the chance of him still fooling around is decreasing quite a lot for each year.

Well seems she has the skills to lure a man especially a older man looking for love. You wanted love and that usually includes thinking more with the little guy down there then your head. Does she work has she really ever had a job that she can live off? maybe her work was giving a smile and having men with money and a big heart pay her way. maybe the baby was not a accident. BR

I suggest you put the age difference out of your mind and focus on being a good husband and father.It's too late now to be second guessing yourself. Why would you care what other people might or might not think?

It doesn't matter now what the age difference is because you have a child and you married her and your relationship will be just as challenging as any other.

Be a man, take care of your family.

You obviously need to deal with the lie by making sure it stops.

I agree one should never worry about what others think, it simply has no value and it surely does matter what nationality you are, Aussie, Brit, US whatever .However I think clearly your conscience is eating at you. The answer you seek is not here on Thai Visa. The answer is in you.

This question was asked some time back, not about age gap specifically but age of the parties in general. I forgot the post title but you should search the forum. Of course filter as necessary. The gest was being in a relationship with a 35 ish year old or a teen/early 20 year old and the problems associated with maturity. There may be some assistance for you there...Maybe...

On a side comment, I would never ask my wife to drink more to increase her tolerance so she does not giggle....That is retarded. In fact why drink at all? I say accept that she has no tolerance for alcohol. it is a good thing IMHO.

Edited by JPPR2

I did a poll back in 2008.

The average age difference between man and woman was 15½ years.

It's just your upbringing that makes you fell old.

15.5? Excuse me for asking was that poll conducted on Thaivisa? :jap:

Yes.

The advantages are many. A young person will have the strength to work in the fields or in your home and still have time to iron your bloomers and have dinner on the table when you want. She'll still be in top shape when you are in need of a nappie change. Best of all, she'll have the strength to shove you off of a balcony or put a bag over your head when you are a doddering old fellow and need a hand to send you on your way to Nirvana. Odin will greet with a strong embrace as you earned it by banging a babe.

Seriously though, it;'s all relative.

There's a big difference between a 60 year old that marries a 40 year old, and a 35 year old that marries a 20 year old. The older couple will most likely have a happy relationship. I'd even venture that a 70 year old with a 35 year old will still have a shot at happiness vs. a 35 and 25 year old who will have youth related disputes. All about maturity and having a sense of stability. Most young people are still developing it, whereas folks once they hit the mid 30's have it, whether or not it was intentional. ph34r.gif

I moved to Thailand in 1991. It didn't take long to see that I could easily get young ladies. I talked to a Thai engineer who I worked with. He told me that the correct and accepted age difference between any man and a woman here in Thailand was half the man's age plus seven years. Is that correct? I don't know but it worked for me. In fact my wife for the past seven years is now too old for me. She may be too old for me but I think I'll keep her.

First my wife is no poor Isaan girl. She was middle class, with a job ect... with no reason to go looking for a farang.

I really feel way to old for my wife, even though her last Thai boy friend was imfact 24 years older then her..!! Maybe she needs a father figure

Yeah mate, from these 2 lines and the content of your previous topics you made it very clear that your wife wasn't a poor Isaan girl and also what kind of job she was in.:lol:

"with no reason to go looking for a farang.......We met online.......

:blink:

Cynic, that implies nothing, they met online for any number of a thousand reasons and maybe she wanted a farang but not for the usual needy reasons, that's how I read it..