Age Gap - Younger Thai Wife And Older Aussie.

happydaze

Age is a case of mind over matter , if you do not mind it does not matter , my far younger wife and I have been together going on 6 years , no one of consequence has passed comment other than to tell us we look good together because we act like most other couples they know . Do not worry , you can be as doomed if you do as if you do not , just be happy .

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"with no reason to go looking for a farang.......We met online.......

:blink:

Yeah, it sounds doggy i know, but I have made loads of friends on a site called tagged, I had met up with friend in VN, Thailand and my wife is now best friends with a thai girl I met online that lives in oz. One girl even took care of mum and dad while they where in Bkk, now mum wants to bring her out here as well. My now misses liked to practice english and thats how we started talking...

cheers

Its your life, why worry what other people think. You just set yourself up for a whole heap of crap on here blink.gif

yeah some people get fired up on this site, but it still good to here what the world has to say. Most comments are right, it probably all in my own head, .

She doesn't get the giggles after drinking wine because she's younger than you but because she has no tolerance of alcohol.

Either tell her to stop drinking it or get her to drink a bottle a day until she builds up the tolerance (and needs 2 bottles a day)!!

top advice

yep good advice..

Personally I thank GOD/BUDDHA everyday I am able to live here with my darling ( 12 years my junior ) she is wonderful to the extreme but having said that coming from OZ myself and having to put up with an 80 kilo plus white woman who's mouth also grew at an alarming rate for 12 years

she didn't have to beat much..Just enjoy the ride and also fatherhood with all its wonders...:rolleyes:

Haha, yes I can relate. And yes I am loving fatherhood.

Well seems she has the skills to lure a man especially a older man looking for love. You wanted love and that usually includes thinking more with the little guy down there then your head. Does she work has she really ever had a job that she can live off? maybe her work was giving a smile and having men with money and a big heart pay her way. maybe the baby was not a accident. BR

Yeah, she worked in the building indutry and realestate, and yes I was taken to her place of work so i could have a look around, she did not need a man to take care of her at all. Maybe your right about looking for love on my part but I was never going to marry again unless there was a child invoved. Her pregnancy was 100% an accident. I begged her not to terminate.

Only now is she starting to like her move to oz, we had a lot of problems not so long ago. she misses her country and family a lot.

cheers

To the OP- dont worry about how other people perceive your age difference- its your life.

BUT....from what i have seen in cases where a thai wife is 15 years ++ younger than her farang husband, the wife is almost always cheating behind his back. Half the girls i meet on nights out in Bangkok for example have older farang husbands at home and these girls are sleeping around. And/or the younger thai wife has a thai boyfriend hidden away if based in rural areas.

Interestingly its often the thai wives of the more well off older farang husbands living in thailand who are the worst offenders- you know the ones with their own cars, nice clothes bought by hubby, who drive to the clubs (spasso, Q bar, bed supper club etc) then pick up younger farang guys.

So next time your younger wife tells you she is having a girls night out, she will most likely be shagging someone later.

BTW- im an older farang myself:)

I suggest you put the age difference out of your mind and focus on being a good husband and father.It's too late now to be second guessing yourself. Why would you care what other people might or might not think?

It doesn't matter now what the age difference is because you have a child and you married her and your relationship will be just as challenging as any other.

Be a man, take care of your family.

You obviously need to deal with the lie by making sure it stops.

Thanks mate..

bachelor-grandpa-meme-generator-with-no-reason-to-go-looking-for-a-farang-we-met-online-e4ce27.jpg

like it.

haha, yep online... it was tagged.com, like i said on someone elses post i have met loads of people and had caught up with quite a few of them, not only thailand.. my wifes best friend in australia is a thai girl i met on that site.. and even my paretns stayed with a girl in Bkk that I met on that site... its not all bad.. lots just want to speak english on web cam, as thats was the way I met my wife..

There always seems to be a stereotype when a farang and Thai are involved. Like everyone says just enjoy yourself.

Yeah Jack...it is the sterio type I think. I never really bother with what people think in my life... But even relatives have rolled there eyes. So yes.. I will just enjoy the ride.. Cheers

The advantages are many. A young person will have the strength to work in the fields or in your home and still have time to iron your bloomers and have dinner on the table when you want. She'll still be in top shape when you are in need of a nappie change. Best of all, she'll have the strength to shove you off of a balcony or put a bag over your head when you are a doddering old fellow and need a hand to send you on your way to Nirvana. Odin will greet with a strong embrace as you earned it by banging a babe.

Seriously though, it;'s all relative.

There's a big difference between a 60 year old that marries a 40 year old, and a 35 year old that marries a 20 year old. The older couple will most likely have a happy relationship. I'd even venture that a 70 year old with a 35 year old will still have a shot at happiness vs. a 35 and 25 year old who will have youth related disputes. All about maturity and having a sense of stability. Most young people are still developing it, whereas folks once they hit the mid 30's have it, whether or not it was intentional. ph34r.gif

Thanks...

I moved to Thailand in 1991. It didn't take long to see that I could easily get young ladies. I talked to a Thai engineer who I worked with. He told me that the correct and accepted age difference between any man and a woman here in Thailand was half the man's age plus seven years. Is that correct? I don't know but it worked for me. In fact my wife for the past seven years is now too old for me. She may be too old for me but I think I'll keep her.

Nice one Garry..

Get a poor Issan girl mate,u will feel lots better

Yeah, I put that comment up there because I copped a flogging of some faminist who assumed I was doing wrong by a poor little isaan girl where infact my wife and her family are a lot wealthier in relitive terms them me in oz.. But if it all go to pc's maybe I will..

Yeah, I put that comment up there because I copped a flogging of some faminist who assumed I was doing wrong by a poor little isaan girl where infact my wife and her family are a lot wealthier in relitive terms them me in oz.. But if it all go to pc's maybe I will..

Age is a case of mind over matter , if you do not mind it does not matter , my far younger wife and I have been together going on 6 years , no one of consequence has passed comment other than to tell us we look good together because we act like most other couples they know . Do not worry , you can be as doomed if you do as if you do not , just be happy .

Yes..

funny thing my 70 year old dad loves nothing more then going shopping with my wife as he cops a lot of nasty looks froms women and lots of smiles from men... he just love it, in his mind he is the man.. Even my wife thinks its funny about all the dagger looks they get sometimes..

Faminist? Were they anorexic?

SC

EDIT: sexist stereotyping corrected with a neuter plural

Cynic, that implies nothing, they met online for any number of a thousand reasons and maybe she wanted a farang but not for the usual needy reasons, that's how I read it..

Warp speed, you are 100% right and like many friends I made online not only in Thailand they like to practice english and for my wifes part learning better enligh was a way to advance in her building company.

I am 16 years older than my wife and she always say I act younger than her. Not bothered in the slightest by the age difference, never had a comment on it by anyone and couldn't care less if there had been. Wifey has a very mature head on her shoulders and I'm proud to call her my wife and love her too bits.

Thanks for the comment.. cheers

Age gap myself and my wife is 17 years. Who cares what others think, enjoy being a father.

Yeah, being a dad is the best thing ever and I suppose if I never met a younger thai lady it probably would never had happend..

Cheers

Cynic, that implies nothing, they met online for any number of a thousand reasons and maybe she wanted a farang but not for the usual needy reasons, that's how I read it..

People living in small villages here or any any country can well avail themselves to the internet to "meet" people. But it is a disturbing trend that those who live in cities with MILLIONS of souls find the internet the best choice for "meeting" people.

I was using light sarcasm commenting on his opening choice of words and how very telling they were. Not his genuineness.

Cynic.

Yes..

funny thing my 70 year old dad loves nothing more then going shopping with my wife as he cops a lot of nasty looks froms women and lots of smiles from men... he just love it, in his mind he is the man.. Even my wife thinks its funny about all the dagger looks they get sometimes..

I doubt a proper woman would love to have everyone thinks she's a whore..

An acquaintance's whore who's opinion is worth less than that of a cockroach dead in my shower drain managed to hurt my gf's feeling for a week.. proper thais have very fragile egos. It's never their fault and they are all perfect in their mind so any negative perception is dramatic.

It's a good way to class people around here

Yes..

I doubt a proper woman would love to have everyone thinks she's a whore..

An acquaintance's whore who's opinion is worth less than that of a cockroach dead in my shower drain managed to hurt my gf's feeling for a week.. proper thais have very fragile egos. It's never their fault and they are all perfect in their mind so any negative perception is dramatic.

It's a good way to class people around here

Is the lady in question going out with a bigotted idiot as well? I guess if she is well paid, she'll put up with it, but one wonders about your girlfriend.

SC

Who really CARES about self righteous bigots? Pick any one of the many evil people in history and ask yourself if you would have cared what they thought of you. It is exactly the same thing. The self righteous bigots are not really any different. They are no better than soi dogs. If you live your own life without harming others then that is all that counts.

Who really CARES about self righteous bigots? Pick any one of the many evil people in history and ask yourself if you would have cared what they thought of you. It is exactly the same thing. The self righteous bigots are not really any different. They are no better than soi dogs. If you live your own life without harming others then that is all that counts.

+1 (greeny)

He cares because his situation was caused by him not being able to get a proper lady by himself during his whole life and then resorted to prostitution while trying to convince unknown that he has not.

He's clearly very upset he didnt clean up his act and become a person that ladies would be interested in

I'm not sure who 'He' is, in this diatribe. Is this your acquaintance, or the OP, or some other party?

If this is your acquaintance you are talking about, I do feel sorry for him.

If the OP, then I think you are demonstrating tremendous mental agility in leaping to such conclusions.

SC