Teaching English In Cm

Delphis

Yeah, the number quoted by a99az seemed about 100,000 baht/month too high compared to what I've heard others earn for putting in a very full day, teaching seven or eight classes per day, to students at all different levels and having to develop their own lesson plans and course materials.

I'd like to think that perhaps a99az's figures slipped on the keyboard, rather than entertaining the thought that con artists or liars are teaching children.

Nancy,

The teaching profession is filled with pure con-artist and an abundance of well intentioned, enthusiastic ignoramuses. This guy is obviously the former. They're not paying that much in Japan, nor Korea. Subtract the airline tickets and 100,000 per month, and that is pay at The Prem School.

I don't know where you are getting your numbers (perhaps Az?) but Prem pays far in excess of what you are claiming. 30-40k for a decent school like Dara, PRC, and even a few better endowed public schools. To flame someone without the knowledge of the field here in CNX (like you did) just isn't right.

Nancy,

The teaching profession is filled with pure con-artist and an abundance of well intentioned, enthusiastic ignoramuses. This guy is obviously the former. They're not paying that much in Japan, nor Korea. Subtract the airline tickets and 100,000 per month, and that is pay at The Prem School.

I don't know where you are getting your numbers (perhaps Az?) but Prem pays far in excess of what you are claiming. 30-40k for a decent school like Dara, PRC, and even a few better endowed public schools. To flame someone without the knowledge of the field here in CNX (like you did) just isn't right.

I was actually giving Prem the benefit of the doubt on 35K, when the guy I know working there three years ago was making 30K, full time. We all know what direction teaching wages have been going over the last few years. Absolutely no need to put lipstick on the pig.

Nancy,

I was actually giving Prem the benefit of the doubt on 35K, when the guy I know working there three years ago was making 30K, full time. We all know what direction teaching wages have been going over the last few years. Absolutely no need to put lipstick on the pig.

That claim isn't even close to being in line with what I know Prem pays. Perhaps you are thinking PRC ;)

Thighlander. I regret agreeing with you now. You clearly have no idea about what you are talking about. Prem. is an international school and used to only hire people abroad, no local hires. Their pay is high but was about 80-90,000 baht, not 130. They have never hired a full time fully licensed teacher with experience for 30-40K, that rate is for private schools. The lowest paid international school in CM still pays about 50k.

Know what you are talking about before you flame people.

I think that your problem is that you are reciting third or fourth hand information but you yourself don't actually know anything about the topic but cannot avoid stating your uniformed opinion.

Everyone will have different experiences and there is a lot of debating on this thread but most people involved in the discussion actually know what they are talking about.