2012 Ninja 650R- First Look!

Picked up a new Ninjette yesterday for the wife. (my strategy for avoiding complaints when I buy a new bike!)

The blue lines on the green SE don't look so bad in the flesh.

It's a fun little ride! Got me beat why they have a temp gauge but no fuel gauge? Is that the same on previous models?

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a fun little ride! Got me beat why they have a temp gauge but no fuel gauge? Is that the same on previous models?

No idea. Perhaps a good question for the Ninjette thread.

Here are the 2012 colors for the Kwaker line. The 650R and ER6n are not shown. The author comments, "Let's hope that those bikes that haven't yet appeared in their 2012 colour schemes,... are set to get more significant changes."

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/more-2012-kawasaki-colours/18827.html

Well i popped back into my local dealer yesterday and spoke directly to the owner. He told me that the ER6N will be in his showroom at the end of this month BUT the ER6F won't come until the end of this year............

Hmmmmm practically the same bikes but the F will be delayed by 3 months, i can smell porky pies and more 2011 units than he can shift!

In 2009 the N came out several months ahead of the F, which ended up being the 2010. Dates are always pushed back here. I think they supply the primary markets, US and UK, first. Once that is done then we start seeing them.

That makes logical sense and if there's nothing other than colour changes then I'll be buying 2nd hand and saving myself 50,000 - 60,000 bahts worth of depreciation during the first year.

As soon as we see the ER6N at the end of this month (if my dealer wasn't fibbing) then i think we will all have a fair understanding of how the F model's chassis will also be kitted out. A split seat would be nice, but i can't see Kawasaki making two different seat designs for the N & F, so if the N doesn't have on then i think it'll be fair to say the F won't too, same goes for the suspension upgrades and other things mentioned previously.

It's going to be a long month, well for me at least.... :D

Just a quick update, i found this website http://motoroids.com...india-er6n.html and towards the bottom of the page there's a picture of a French motorbike magazine.

I'm not too sure about how authentic this magazine is but i didn't see this article during my desperate searches for 2012's revisions over the past 2 months, so it must be a recent publication.

The bike pictured looks stunning with it's split rear seat, Versys swingarm and exhaust and i'm all the more exited and pleased that i waited for the new model. :)

If these changes come to fruition then as said by the author, similar changes should be shared with the F version too.

Edited by karlos

Just a quick update, i found this website and towards the bottom of the page there's a picture of a French motorbike magazine.

I'm not too sure about how authentic this magazine is but i didn't see this article during my desperate searches for 2012's revisions over the past 2 months.

The bike pictured looks stunning with it's split rear seat, Versys swingarm and exhaust.

If this comes to fruition then as said by the author similar changes should be shared with the F version too.

http://motoroids.com...india-er6n.html

That confirms what a Thai friend told me whose information about the Honda CBR 250R and Versys was also spot-on. He said '2012 ER6N which will show up within a couple of months but I heard that the price increase is more than 10,000 Bht. The new model will have newly designed faring, rear swing arm new rear shock absorber and analog tachometer.'

The article i just posted got some bad press over on Kawiforums http://www.kawiforum...sneak-peak.html

So understandably i'm a little skeptical now, twice as skeptical after locating the magazine in questions website and finding no 2012 photos and this comment...

'Kawasaki invited us to a press presentation of a roadster average displacement of 12 to 14 October 2011. Some indiscretions we suggest that it will be the ER-6 to be replaced. No information or photos have been unveiled. This new Kawa will perhaps be "surprising" in the process of rolling in the coming weeks'

This magazine seems to be hinting that the bike will surprise us and the photo of the 2012 ER6N in my previous post (photoshopped or not) surprised me somewhat, stunning! :)

Edited by karlos

The article i just posted got some bad press over on Kawiforums http://www.kawiforum...sneak-peak.html

So understandably i'm a little skeptical now, twice as skeptical after locating the magazine in questions website and finding no 2012 photos and this comment...

'Kawasaki invited us to a press presentation of a roadster average displacement of 12 to 14 October 2011. Some indiscretions we suggest that it will be the ER-6 to be replaced. No information or photos have been unveiled. This new Kawa will perhaps be "surprising" in the process of rolling in the coming weeks'

This magazine seems to be hinting that the bike will surprise us and the photo of the 2012 ER6N in my previous post (photoshopped or not) surprised me somewhat, stunning! :)

Yep, the Moto Revue ER6 pic is definitely a photoshop hack:

sommaire_2549_zoom.jpg

They've spliced in some parts from a Versys and a Z1000 / Ninja 1000.

It would almost have been convincing had they not forgotten to include a right front foot peg when they slapped on that goofy looking exhaust! :lol:

In other news, 2012 Versys is unchanged but the new model will be available in YELLOW with Black tank- looks dam_n sharp but I wasn't allowed to take a picture of it.

Ride On!

Tony

Just like watching all the trailers to an eagerly awaited movie, this bike could be something of an anticlimax for me.

As you can see i'm trying to lower my expectations to boost the wow factor when the new bike (revised or not) is released.

Enough is enough, couldn't resist any longer, what ever the bike looks like i want to have it ASAP so i've just placed a 10k refundable deposit at my local dealer, with the option of deciding what colour i like most when they arrive :)

The owner of the shop is still reluctant to give too much info away but his source at the factory has confirmed that 'it has an all new look' and that the price has gone up a little too.

Just took some photos of the new 2012 yellow and black Versys too which i'll post in the relevant forum, as Tony said before 'it looks sharp' :)

Enough is enough, couldn't resist any longer, what ever the bike looks like i want to have it ASAP so i've just placed a 10k refundable deposit at my local dealer, with the option of deciding what colour i like most when they arrive :)

The owner of the shop is still reluctant to give too much info away but his source at the factory has confirmed that 'it has an all new look' and that the price has gone up a little too.

Just took some photos of the new 2012 yellow and black Versys too which i'll post in the relevant forum, as Tony said before 'it looks sharp' :)

I wanted to edit the above post but had to write another, sorry to add yet another post.

I popped back to my dealer this evening to show my girlfriend the yellow and black Versys and while there a sales assistant told me...

S.A "You'll love the 2012 ninja 650"

Me "Oh really, can you tell me anything about it?"

S.A Took me outside "It will be a completely new bike"

Me "Will it have a stepped seat"

S.A "Yes it will have a stepped seat, new exhaust, triangular rear light cluster cost a little more and have a new swing arm"

Me "New swing arm? Would it happen to be the same as the Versys swing arm?"

S.A "No better...... Thailand might also see a white model too"

I asked the guy if he had got his information via the internet and told him there's lots of fake photos going around, he then confirmed that his friend who works at the factory told him about the new bike and he also told me he's somewhat pi55ed off because he bought his orange Ninja 650 just two months ago.... :D

But as with all posts on the internet i'm still lacking photographic proof....... :(

Edited by karlos

• 3 weeks later...

Just a further update.

There should be a Yellow and Black model available in Thailand.

I guess they had ordered too much paint for the Versys, but if done tastefully it could look quite nice and match my yellow and black Yamaha Mio 125 GTX lol :D

FAO **BIGBIKE / Tony**

When you saw the new model at the factory what colour was it, i've also heard that their might be a white one too but my more reliable source told me about the yellow and black model :)

Edited by karlos

Just a further update.

I guess they had ordered too much paint for the Versys, but if done tastefully it could look quite nice and match my yellow and black Yamaha Mio 125 GTX lol :D

FAO **BIGBIKE / Tony**

When you saw the new model at the factory what colour was it, i've also heard that their might be a white one too but my more reliable source told me about the yellow and black model :)

The 2012 ER6n's we saw at the factory were an odd shade of Green that I've not seen before. Not Lime Green 777 or Candy Lime Green 15P, more of an olive green. I'm pretty sure those bikes were for export so no idea if we'll get that color in Thailand. Ride On! Tony :jap:

Just a further update.

FAO **BIGBIKE / Tony**

The 2012 ER6n's we saw at the factory were an odd shade of Green that I've not seen before. Not Lime Green 777 or Candy Lime Green 15P, more of an olive green. I'm pretty sure those bikes were for export so no idea if we'll get that color in Thailand. Ride On! Tony :jap:

In Europe they have 'Metallic Flat Sage Green' http://www.kawasaki.eu/ER-6n

Was chatting to Nop at Kawa CM yesterday and he said he'd heard that Thailand will have the white bikes available for 2012 but at normal price, previously the white were an extra 10,000baht as were for export only.

He also said the Z1000 should be available from mid-Nov for 585,000 and the SX later on if the Z1000 sells well.

Edited by skybluestu

Just a further update.

FAO **BIGBIKE / Tony**

Was chatting to Nop at Kawa CM yesterday and he said he'd heard that Thailand will have the white bikes available for 2012 but at normal price, previously the white were an extra 10,000baht as were for export only.

He also said the Z1000 should be available from mid-Nov for 585,000 and the SX later on if the Z1000 sells well.

The Z1000 has been advertised in my local dealer for a couple of months now but it's out of my reach at the moment :(

As for that flat green colour i quite like it on the ER6N, white models of the ninja 650 would be nice. Metalic pearl?

Just a further update.

FAO **BIGBIKE / Tony**

The Z1000 has been advertised in my local dealer for a couple of months now but it's out of my reach at the moment :(

As for that flat green colour i quite like it on the ER6N, white models of the ninja 650 would be nice. Metalic pearl?

probably white pearl, this is my 2010 with white pearl parts from kwaker TH, used on export bikes

post-81971-0-58185700-1317970623_thumb.j

As mentioned on the other two ER6 forums it's just a matter of hours until we get the first glimpse of the 2012 models.

I'm hoping someone in the US uploads a picture from the Dealer Show before midnight tonight or my girlfriend is going to be sleeping alone until i see it! :D

Tick tock......

Dam i was all excited to watch the words "Kawasaki's 2012 new product launch site" fall in to place when the screen was loading.... then followed by "coming soon" :(

Tick tock America, come on guys wake up early and go take some photos for me :D

Hold on this website is a Facebook page, but i guess this page will be updated quicker than the offical Kawaskai page any way

Just stumbled across this French website within the last hour or so, it's the ER6N but the chassis will be shared with the F model.

No aluminum swing arm but it looks better than that of old :)

Split seat and triangular rear light cluster as my source said, if i wasn't buying the Ninja i'd snap on the the 'N's' in black, very nice Mr Kawasaki

post-59428-0-13074200-1318253139_thumb.j

post-59428-0-85620700-1318253144_thumb.j

post-59428-0-42646000-1318253151_thumb.j

post-59428-0-33572800-1318253158_thumb.j

post-59428-0-64836800-1318253167_thumb.j

post-59428-0-77563800-1318253175_thumb.j

post-59428-0-95707300-1318253181_thumb.j

Edited by karlos

the first link you gave shows a couple of close up shots for the engine and rear shock.

I can't see anything other then pre-load adjustment, i hope the front now has at least pre-load

As you said lots of info popping up right now and the looks of the bike have already started to grow on me, i'll take mine in the fastest colour ;)

Edited by karlos

Both look great but the ER6N is a bigger improvement over the previous model more than the Ninja 650R is. I'm awaiting delivery of a white 2010 650R with 9000kms which I've ordered some beautiful carbon for and will add an Arrow exhaust and PCV as well as some other bits & pieces but part of me wishes I'd waited and got a 2012 ER6N :huh: