Just Another ....... Expierience

funcat

...went out today with the plan to fix my motobike seat.Just wanted to add some extra foam on top for better comfort.I thought "no problem",since I've done this before...but NO...I went to several shops and the answer was ether "mai dai",or "we have to change everything,foam,fabric" etc..I even went to the same guy who fix my other seat couple of years ago and...same answer.At least his quotation was the lowest of 400Baht(the highest 800).Well,that was enough for me...but on the way home I just passed a small shop and said "hey,what a heck",or something like that and even made a U-turn...

The story started same,same "mai dai",but after some explanation he said OK.I even forgot the main rule to ask the price first,but I was so pissed of that I just wanted to see what will happened...

He started right away,went to some pile of cut out foam and came back with almost perfect piece,put it in place and said..."mai dai"!!WHAT??!...I just ask him to let me try to fit it and...it fitted just right.

OK,it took another 30 min to glue it in,than shape it some and...guess what?...I got exactly what I wanted...and the price...150 Baht!!(I think,that this guy just made his best sale of a day!!)...some may say,that 150 Baht is pretty much nothing,but that was only 1/2 hour of work and no new materials used,except for some staples...

So what to make of this story...well,THINGS CAN BE DONE!!!...and I almost gave up!...so,DON'T...don't ever give up!..you may just be rewarded!...and REJOICE,this does NOT happens to often...HERE!!

No, Hubby has a saying "calm down, somehow things always work out here". If you're patient enough, smile and act like you're having a good time the Thai people manage to create small miracles or pull off an event at the last minute.

No, Hubby has a saying "calm down, somehow things always work out here". If you're patient enough, smile and act like you're having a good time the Thai people manage to create small miracles or pull off an event at the last minute.

yeahh,maybe that was this "moment"...unfortunately,in many other cases...it ain't gonna happened :whistling:...or maybe it is my karma?

There are good people everywhere, even here…….But it's hard in Thailand to know who the Feckers are……They ALL smile at you!

Hey Tonto; have you been stuttering long ? ? ? ? ?

Did you tip the guy?

Very good point; sounds to me like a bit of a 'kheeneou' (stingy) situation . . . . .

I guess,that by the look of this guy face(kind of testing),he already gave me a "farang" price...so he was happy when I accepted and tip was unnecessary..as I mention before,150 Bht for 1/2 hour work shoud be good enough,right?...and 'kheeneou'(??),but of course,from my experience,if you give a tip on already high price,the next time the price will be higher..and some will actually ask for the tip "on top"...This was not a case here,it was a nice and solid worker and he was happy from what he got...and I was happy,that I've got what I wanted....And the most of all,I'm glad that there are still people like him around!