Thai Id Cards For 7-15 Year Olds

mackayae

There is a new requirement that Thai 7 to 15 year olds must have a Thai ID card by the end of this month. However, our Tessaban (Udon) is not issuing these new cards and don't they know when they will be. Anyone have an input on this subject?

If I recall corectly it was posponed due to the problems with the new ID-cards, but it was recently announced they would start with it.

With the elections comming and a lot of people needing a new ID-card, I would not be surprized if they start with issuing them to children after the elections.

My 8 year old daughter's teacher had me pay 100 baht for a card that will allow her to get free health care and My son is getting one next month. Maybe this the ID card you are referring to. In the past to get free health care i had to take their thai birth certificate to the hospital to get a card.

My 8 year old daughter's teacher had me pay 100 baht for a card that will allow her to get free health care and My son is getting one next month. Maybe this the ID card you are referring to. In the past to get free health care i had to take their thai birth certificate to the hospital to get a card.

Healthcare cards are issued free from the government hospital in the area where she lives. She will have got a paper from the hospital of her birth. She will then have got the yellow plastic card one month after showing the paper at her local hospital. Where has she been getting treatment and inoculations from birth til now ? Edited by sinbin

According to Daily News

Law was confirmed 11 May 2554 and is effective from 9 July 2554. Parents of children more than 7 years old must have id card issued within 60 days from 9 July. Penalty for not complying is 200 bath

Enforced or not is a different matter :)

Healthcare cards are issued free from the government hospital in the area where she lives. She will have got a paper from the hospital of her birth. She will then have got the yellow plastic card one month after showing the paper at her local hospital. Where has she been getting treatment and inoculations from birth til now ?

When she is seriously ill i take her to a private hospital where she was born. When it is something minor i take her to Hang Dong Hospital. No yellow cards to be seen yet.