A Farang Living In Thailand

Beetlejuice

I think I've heard the phrases "fxxxing raghead", "fxxxing abo", "fxxxing paki", "fxxxing nigger", "fxxxing gook", etc. about 10 times more over the course of my life than I've heard "ไอ้เหี้ยฝรั่ง"...my opinion is still that the Thai are remarkably accepting of non-Thai in their midst (as long as they are well-behaved, of course). In many cases, I think they are actually too deferential / subservient...

Well, its easier than refraining from strong drink...

And I don't feel oppressed, either...listless and languorous, yes, oppressed, no

SC

No need to do arm wrestling against any drink. Do you know where they sell those little devices that pop up from a turkey stuck in the oven when is done? i have an aquitance of mine looking for them...:D

Maybe Thailand is fed up by Frang that will not integrate into society, farang who insist on living western lifestyles, refuses to learn the language, refuses to comply with visa regulations, etc.

Maybe it will be easier for us farang living here when we begin to correct us by the host's rules and culture.

Thailand has always had big problems with immigrants that cause the country great economic losses and crime.

If you want to make money here so you should have a work permit.

What utter RUBBISH - The foreigners here are NOT ALLOWED to integrate into Thai society!

What about all the foreigners here married with kids? the ones like myself that comply with visa regulations? Why should I have to have 400K in a Thai bank 2 months before I apply for my 1 year visa just to be with my family? What about a Thai man that marries a foreign woman? He doesn't have to do this? All most foreigners want is a bit of security to be able to plan a life here without having to worry about petty rules that will have you kicked out of the country every year! - WAKE UP! Not everyone here is wheeling and dealing trying to make millions, a lot of us just want to spend our lives with a bit more security than a 1 year extension of temporary stay in our passports

We live by the "hosts" rules - we have no choice!

Jesus - there are some weird ideas here I will give you that!

Edited by Willeyeam

I have said it before and I will say it again…. I could not give a flying fig if they don't want me to blend in. I gave up a very long time ago and feel quite happy living in my ferang bubble. I have spent the best part of a decade living in Thailand and for the last 4 or 5 years I have totally changed my attitude towards Thai people. I simply don't like them anymore.

When I first came to Thailand I wanted to soak up a new culture but now I remain here because I come from England, and England is cold and expensive. I earn a very good chunk of change each month working for myself but would prefer to see that money go a little further and in Thailand, I can do that. So for me, Thailand is about the beaches, the sun and the fact I can rent a tropical villa with a sea view for $1000 a month.

I have battled with the following thought for years but I succumb to it now and have done for a while; an extremely large amount of Thai people do not like long term ex-pats. They don't want us here, period.

I find them one extreme or the other; poor Thais think we are silver spoon premadonnas who look down on them. Hi So Thai's think we are scum with zero class. There is no middle ground with them.

So, to heck with them. It's not my country – I don't want it to be – I am here not as an ex-pat but as a very long term tourist.

I expect at some point I will swap countries and go somewhere more welcoming. There are times when I feel so dam_n alien here I ask myself why I am here.

Good post but I am biased because I feel the same way about Thailand and its hoards of "we hate farangs" people. In fact, they seem to hate everyone who is not Thai, not just farangs. I came here with my eyes wide open. I came here with a very good attitude, ready to blend in with a new culture and accept differences. Now I could not care less about ever blending in or being accepted by Thais. Now I simply take advantage of what they have to offer. I have zero respect for them and their idiotic (toy soldier), conservative, xenophobic culture.

I have said it before and I will say it again…. I could not give a flying fig if they don't want me to blend in. I gave up a very long time ago and feel quite happy living in my ferang bubble. I have spent the best part of a decade living in Thailand and for the last 4 or 5 years I have totally changed my attitude towards Thai people. I simply don't like them anymore.

When I first came to Thailand I wanted to soak up a new culture but now I remain here because I come from England, and England is cold and expensive. I earn a very good chunk of change each month working for myself but would prefer to see that money go a little further and in Thailand, I can do that. So for me, Thailand is about the beaches, the sun and the fact I can rent a tropical villa with a sea view for $1000 a month.

I have battled with the following thought for years but I succumb to it now and have done for a while; an extremely large amount of Thai people do not like long term ex-pats. They don't want us here, period.

I find them one extreme or the other; poor Thais think we are silver spoon premadonnas who look down on them. Hi So Thai's think we are scum with zero class. There is no middle ground with them.

So, to heck with them. It's not my country – I don't want it to be – I am here not as an ex-pat but as a very long term tourist.

I expect at some point I will swap countries and go somewhere more welcoming. There are times when I feel so dam_n alien here I ask myself why I am here.

Good post but I am biased because I feel the same way about Thailand and its hoards of "we hate farangs" people. In fact, they seem to hate everyone who is not Thai, not just farangs. I came here with my eyes wide open. I came here with a very good attitude, ready to blend in with a new culture and accept differences. Now I could not care less about ever blending in or being accepted by Thais. Now I simply take advantage of what they have to offer. I have zero respect for them and their idiotic (toy soldier), conservative, xenophobic culture.

I really have to wonder how these Westerners act to come to the conclusion that most Thais are "full of hate" for foreigners. Quite frankly, I think that it is a personal problem. :blink:

The only place where I have felt an occasional bad vibe is Pattaya. I wonder if that's where most of these Westerners are? If so, I can begin to understand it. Pattaya has the coarsest, most poorly mannered, lowest class Thais of anywhere in the country. It's kind of like a dumping spot for all kinds of ugliness.

Of course, you could say the same thing about the farang population there -- so it's good we get them all in one place, no?

(note to my stalkers: the above is but the personal opinion of one guy -- me. It is not spoken in anger, nor with any intolerance for those who may disagree).

Pattaya has the coarsest, most poorly mannered, lowest class Thais of anywhere in the country. It's kind of like a dumping spot for all kinds of ugliness.

As Bangkok and all the biggest areas of the country which host the more expansive establishments, i would say you can ALSO find the best people with the highest standards of good manners, both locals and foreigners. :D

I really have to wonder how these Westerners act to come to the conclusion that most Thais are "full of hate" for foreigners. Quite frankly, I think that it is a personal problem. :blink:

I wouldn't say "most Thais" but there are definately a growing number of white skinned, yellow shirted Thais that loathe us as if we are something that crawled from under a stone. I have seen this in the past few years in Chiang Mai - they are repusled by us in a lot of ways.

Firstly, we don't kow tow to their superior being - like they are used to by darker skinned grovelling shop assistants and the like - no disrespect to the darker skins - it has been bred into them.

They cannot work out why many farangs appear like scruffy slobs, are not caked in jewellery, yet can afford to be here.

Their Hiso power trip does not generally work with us - this I think they hate more than anything - along with the fact that some farangs have these despicable dark skinned country redneck girlfriends that now seem to have more money than them!

As I said - It is not most Thais by any account, in fact most of the really poorer dark skinned variety are the most easy going people you will ever meet, until they get pissed - then they become just like the rest of us.

Edited by Willeyeam

I wouldn't say "most Thais" but there are definately a growing number of white skinned, yellow shirted Thais that loathe us as if we are something that crawled from under a stone. I have seen this in the past few years in Chiang Mai - they are repusled by us in a lot of ways.

Firstly, we don't kow tow to their superior being - like they are used to by darker skinned grovelling shop assistants and the like - no disrespect to the darker skins - it has been bred into them.

They cannot work out why many farangs appear like scruffy slobs, are not caked in jewellery, yet can afford to be here.

Their Hiso power trip does not generally work with us - this I think they hate more than anything - along with the fact that some farangs have these despicable dark skinned country redneck girlfriends that now seem to have more money than them!

As I said - It is not most Thais by any account, in fact most of the really poorer dark skinned variety are the most easy going people you will ever meet, until they get pissed - then they become just like the rest of us.

Yellow shirts in Chiang Mai?

You do make a good point about scruffy appearance. This -- more than anything else -- will either get you respect or not (and it has nothing to do with the color of your skin). I routinely see farangs dressed in a way that is worse even than lots of homeless Thai people. Throw that together with aggressive body language, rude speech, and the company of obvious whores -- and yeah, you have an instant recipe for being looked down on. But it isn't the color of your skin or passport that does it.

lol Yup, definitely a personal problem in most cases. That or they're just generalizing a particularly bad experience with one person, usually a "girlfriend" that ripped them off, on to everyone. Quite literally never encounter this attitude, and am usually impressed at the tolerance shown to the bad behavior of some people that really don't deserve to be treated as well as they are

Maybe Thailand is fed up by Frang that will not integrate into society, farang who insist on living western lifestyles, refuses to learn the language, refuses to comply with visa regulations, etc.

Maybe it will be easier for us farang living here when we begin to correct us by the host's rules and culture.

Thailand has always had big problems with immigrants that cause the country great economic losses and crime.

What utter RUBBISH - The foreigners here are NOT ALLOWED to integrate into Thai society!

What about all the foreigners here married with kids? the ones like myself that comply with visa regulations? Why should I have to have 400K in a Thai bank 2 months before I apply for my 1 year visa just to be with my family? What about a Thai man that marries a foreign woman? He doesn't have to do this? All most foreigners want is a bit of security to be able to plan a life here without having to worry about petty rules that will have you kicked out of the country every year! - WAKE UP! Not everyone here is wheeling and dealing trying to make millions, a lot of us just want to spend our lives with a bit more security than a 1 year extension of temporary stay in our passports

When you move to a new country, you should first and foremost, make sure you have the finances to get a visa, Period. 400k is not very much if you come from a western country. If you do not have a good economy, you should work more at home before you thought of starting a family here.

In my country (Norway), you must have an income of 1.5 million Bath to get a visa to a foreign wife.

You talk about weird ideas, come here to get married when you do not have the money for visa LOL :lol:

It is not very difficult to get permanent residence in Thailand, if you examine some other places than bars .:unsure:

I was going to post a few responses to posters being idiots, but then De La Soul's 'I Know I Love You Better' came on my Ipod and all feels a little better in the World. :lol:

All joking aside, it's little moments that keep me happy in Thailand, all compiled into one. I have a nice job which pays less than I'd earn in England, but there's no way I'd have as much freedom or enjoyment from a job there. The idea of 'Sanook' in the workplace is a big draw for me. The nice Thais keep me here. The fact I can afford to eat out EVERY night keeps me here. The fact that if I want to be around Westerners I can find them, and if I don't I can escape them keeps me here. The weather keeps me here. The fact that I can go to a beautiful beach on a beautiful island for the WEEKEND (!!) keeps me here. The fact I can go out for dinner with my boss and talk to her as a friend when she sees me at work keeps me here.

I fully believe that Thailand is what you make it. If you don't like it, then you should consider your attitude, first and foremost. Maybe it isn't for you. I came here after a holiday for my brother's friend's wedding. I loved it, and came back a few months later for a second holiday. I then moved here a month later and got a job. My brother's friend lived here for 8 years, drinking, going out, going crazy, and doing all the things us Westerners do. He met a beautiful Thai lady and settled down. I think he's a bit disappointed that I came here, following in his footsteps but not drinking, going out and going crazy. I live a pretty normal life here, and enjoy it very much. I'm not really a 'party guy' - I just like my relaxed lifestyle.

As for the Thais themselves, I was going to start a thread on this - what do you love about them? There are plenty of things to love and admire, and most I've met have been lovely and very chilled out people. There are a**holes everywhere, it's not just a Thai phenomenon! I think Thai people just have a different way of showing it. I've had a few people be rude to me, but it's their problem, not mine. I've developed a thicker skin in my year here, that's for sure. Now on to my second year, and my attitude is this - the more 'sabai sabai' you are in Thailand, the nicer it is to be here. Try it - walk down the street at half the speed you normally would, take in that smokey air and realise how good you have it. :lol:

I live right in the middle of the tourist disrict of Chiang Mai and am old, overweight, unattractive and dress badly, but I am polite to every Thai who is polite to me and I do not seem to have any of these problems. In fact, I am mostly treated much better than I would be at home.

I still say that most of the posters who are bitter and full of hate about the Thais are either very bad judges of character and have trusted the wrong people or are doing something to earn the bad karma that is making them so unhappy here.

Edited by Ulysses G.

I think I've heard the phrases "fxxxing raghead", "fxxxing abo", "fxxxing paki", "fxxxing nigger", "fxxxing gook", etc. about 10 times more over the course of my life than I've heard "ไอ้เหี้ยฝรั่ง"...my opinion is still that the Thai are remarkably accepting of non-Thai in their midst (as long as they are well-behaved, of course). In many cases, I think they are actually too deferential / subservient...

Of course they are, and well said. I can't believe it when these sooky lala's get on here crying that they are "not accepted" :boring:

I cant help but think a lot of this thinking comes down to peoples skewed perception and paranoia imported into Thailand from the west. Chances are this Thai person you are suspecting is probably nowhere near as sinister as you expect.Most times they are more likely thinking about their next somtam rather than plotting for your demise.

Look at any western country and observe the way the Asian forieners are treated in those countries. Apart from the well worn names you (Richard) mentioned, i would doubt whether an Aussie, Brit, or Yank would look at an Asian in their own country and consider them a fellow Aussie, Brit or Yank.

They often have to put up with verbal abuse by the redneck bogans and in some cases risk a good hiding for doing nothing other than just being there.

I have known a few cases in Australia where international uni students were afraid to walk outside their appartments after dark..AND this is when they DID have a legitimate reason for being in the country AND when they (or their families) paid a daamn fortune for the priveledge to study in Australia. Now THAT is something worth whingeing about. Disgusting.:bah:

Yes, we might all get touched up a few baht here and a bit of double pricing, but in my case the worst piece of nastiness ive ever got was perhaps a sly smile

Ohh, and a few girls have called me Keenok and Keenioaw..:emot-kiss:

I think i can handle that sort of rough behaviour,and most times these things came about from my own sillyness. In any case its a very rare sight to run into a very nasty Thai..ive never seen it anyways

So maybe some should quit all the nancyboy crying.

If you want to be met with kisses and franjipanni necklaces when exiting the plane maybe you should consider to Hawaii.;)

Else go home and cry to your Mama...B) :jap:

Edited by ozzieovaseas

Getting back to the OP..... :rolleyes: yes, I'm sure that most of us miss our home countries at some point.

Never mind how long we have been here we will always be seen as 'farang' by the locals, even if they like us!

I know Westerners that have lived here for over 20 years, and whilst they 'understand' the Thai way of thinking, still find it objectionable.... Which is why most Westerners that have been here for a few years seek out other Westerners.

Its sad but true.

By 'the locals', I'm assuming you have no Thai friends? And if not, why not?

'Oh, haha, by the way 'they' (sic) 'understand' the 'The Thai way of thinking' ... I'm calling ignorant, racist snob on this one.

I'm guessing that, and I may be wrong, that the only contact with 'the locals' you have are your cleaner and those serve/wait on you. I'm right, aren't I?

Getting back to the OP..... :rolleyes: yes, I'm sure that most of us miss our home countries at some point.

Never mind how long we have been here we will always be seen as 'farang' by the locals, even if they like us!

I know Westerners that have lived here for over 20 years, and whilst they 'understand' the Thai way of thinking, still find it objectionable.... Which is why most Westerners that have been here for a few years seek out other Westerners.

Its sad but true.

Go back to Basildon then ...

It is not very difficult to get permanent residence in Thailand, if you examine some other places than bars .:unsure:

Can you explain to us mere mortals, all the steps needed to get "permanent residence in Thailand" please?

Penkoprod

Regarding your last sentence ... Yes there are!

The ease at which you were allowed to come to Thailand and get an annual extension is pretty amazing compared to the hoops Thais have to jump through just to get a tourist visa to many Western countries, That all I have to do to stick around is jump through the annual hoops (for me it's the WP -- that requires them to pay me far more than most Thais get -- but that's OK as they pay me more than the min. 50k a month anyways)

I integrate quite well. I understand Thai (just came out of a BoD meeting for a Thai financial institution that was conducted in Thai -- I did lean over and get a couple of definitions during the meeting --- no perfect vocab for me yet!) and I am really beginning to understand the culture I think. The nice part about being white is that I am not bound by the same cultural rules that I would be if I were Thai. Let's see .... I can't get a marriage visa (that whole gay thing) ... I am too young to qualify for a retirement visa (though I was retired my first 7 years here!) and yet .... life is good.

I am awake :) (and wheeling and dealing and making the dosh too)

We all make trade-offs to stay here ... for me I don't think I have given up anything other than having to travel more than 24 hours by plane to see my family. They are all computer literate though .... so I see them online. The last time I took a long trip out of the country was to tour around Australia for a bit ... and my last trip home was 2007. --- Yeah --- all in all I would have to say I have traded up :)

When you move to a new country, you should first and foremost, make sure you have the finances to get a visa, Period. 400k is not very much if you come from a western country. If you do not have a good economy, you should work more at home before you thought of starting a family here.

In my country (Norway), you must have an income of 1.5 million Bath to get a visa to a foreign wife.

You talk about weird ideas, come here to get married when you do not have the money for visa LOL :lol:

It's not very difficult to get permanaent residence MY ARSE!

I have been here almost 10 years - but every year I am never any further forward into being Integrated here.

Norway is one of the easiest countries for foreigners - this is why you now start to have the problems you are having. (and an income of 1.5 Million Baht not BATH is a pittance in Norway - homeless people probably get more than this in government handouts, while the rest of you are forking out 54% in basic taxes to support them!

I ask for nothing for free here, just the right to live - whay should it matter if I have 400K in the bank or 4K? If I don't have the money what am I going to do? go to social security like the people in your country can?

Tell me - once you have shown your 1,5 million Baht to bring in your wife to Norway - do you need to go to an immigration office every year and show you still have this money? Or will your wife end up with a European passport that entitles her to travel anywhere in the EU, be able to take a job anywhere in the EU (without a work permit) You are comparing apples with shit!

A lot of foreigners have seen a big upheavel in the past few years here - a lot of pensioners for a start.

Many foreigners living here were doing OK when the Baht was up around 70 Baht/GBP or 43/USD - they are on a fixed pension - and at the time I cam here diesel was 13 Baht a litre - now that their pensions remain the same - i.e . fixed - the Baht to GBP is at almost half - 48, or so and diesel and the cost of living has almost doubled...what do you suggest we do? Pi?? off back to where we came from? Dump our families? It must be a great gift to be able to see into the future, wish I had it!

But I took my chances when I did, there was no thought that things would turn out the way they have regarding the economy - no one can prepare for everything.

Edited by Willeyeam

As for the Thais themselves, I was going to start a thread on this - what do you love about them? There are plenty of things to love and admire, and most I've met have been lovely and very chilled out people. There are a**holes everywhere, it's not just a Thai phenomenon! I think Thai people just have a different way of showing it. I've had a few people be rude to me, but it's their problem, not mine. I've developed a thicker skin in my year here, that's for sure. Now on to my second year, and my attitude is this - the more 'sabai sabai' you are in Thailand, the nicer it is to be here. Try it - walk down the street at half the speed you normally would, take in that smokey air and realise how good you have it. :lol:

Great post mate and great attitude.:clap2:

You often hear TV posters say it is not worth meeting up with farangs in Thailand but it would be a pleasure if there were a few like yourself getting about.

I'd like to see you post that thread, i would definately contribute. I did the same once but i think it got about 20 replies, mostly calling me a thai apologist, before it fizzled out. LOL

We all know life is not always rosy in LOS and everyone has the occasional bumpy ride or bad hair day. I know i have allowed myself to become a little negative at times but its how you bounce back that counts, and remembering how stale life can be at home certainly helps.

In any case, life will always be better if you focus on being thankful for what you DO have, instead of being dragged down by whats wrong or whats mssing .

You point out all the positives very eloquently. Well done and good luck to you

I have been here almost 10 years - but every year I am never any further forward into being Integrated here.

Norway is one of the easiest countries for foreigners - this is why you now start to have the problems you are having. (and an income of 1.5 Million Baht not BATH is a pittance in Norway - homeless people probably get more than this in government handouts, while the rest of you are forking out 54% in basic taxes to support them!

I ask for nothing for free here, just the right to live - whay should it matter if I have 400K in the bank or 4K? If I don't have the money what am I going to do? go to social security like the people in your country can?

Tell me - once you have shown your 1,5 million Baht to bring in your wife to Norway - do you need to go to an immigration office every year and show you still have this money? Or will your wife end up with a European passport that entitles her to travel anywhere in the EU, be able to take a job anywhere in the EU (without a work permit) You are comparing apples with shit!

Oh, stop grizzling and grow up.

"Even if you complain, no-one listens, you might as well not bother. And look at these shoes, I've only had them three weeks..."

Monty Python

I'm going to apply for my permanent residence now in "NoFixedAbodistan" *; its the only place I fit in.

SC

EDIT: * Or maybe Overseasia, or Abroadland

Edited by StreetCowboy

Can you explain to us mere mortals, all the steps needed to get "permanent residence in Thailand" please?

Penkoprod

Camerata has a good thread on that. There is also more info on the host site for here as well as other threads about both PR and citizenship.

Its sad but true.

By 'the locals', I'm assuming you have no Thai friends? And if not, why not?

'Oh, haha, by the way 'they' (sic) 'understand' the 'The Thai way of thinking' ... I'm calling ignorant, racist snob on this one.

I'm guessing that, and I may be wrong, that the only contact with 'the locals' you have are your cleaner and those serve/wait on you. I'm right, aren't I?

LOL --- ouch but kinda funny.

I know Westerners that have lived here over 20 years too! They don't claim to "understand" the Thai way of thinking. They think in Thai, instead. I don't know where "which is why most Westerners that have been here a few years seek out other Westerners" comes from. I sought out other Westerners some when I was relatively new here and didn't speak or understand Thai. These days I'll be helpful to another Westerner if sought out for information/advice, but I don't seek them out for the most part. Occasionally I will run into the touristy area (where UG is) but I find that I have a pretty low tolerance for it. Instead, I am most often the only white face wherever I am, other than work (and those white faces work for me) ...

I don't think some people are cut out to be a minority and that for other people it makes no difference. Perhaps, for me, it is that I have always been a minority (an invisible one at that) and thus have always heard people talking about "me" (when not talking about ME) ---- being gay and having always heard people talking about gays without realizing they were within earshot of one does thicken your skin quite quickly. The non-PC attitude here where people can say the truth without it being against social custom is one of the reasons I love it here. If you are caucasian people will refer to you as such (farang) if you are fat they will refer to you as such. Same goes for skinny etc etc etc ... The truth is there for all to see so they don't pretend ... I love it!

Penkoprod

Camerata has a good thread on that. There is also more info on the host site for here as well as other threads about both PR and citizenship.

I'm well aware of that thread, having Googled for an answer.

I posted what i posted to allow EirikJohannesen the opportunity to show us what he considers "not very difficult"

It seems a long drawn out process, with many hoops to jump through, and pitfalls to overcome

Hardly what i would call......easy

Penkoprod

Penkoprod

One cannot be a 'citizen' here. Merely a 'subject'. Huge difference. Do your homework.

A lot of foreigners have seen a big upheavel in the past few years here - a lot of pensioners for a start.

Many foreigners living here were doing OK when the Baht was up around 70 Baht/GBP or 43/USD - they are on a fixed pension - and at the time I cam here diesel was 13 Baht a litre - now that their pensions remain the same - i.e . fixed - the Baht to GBP is at almost half - 48, or so and diesel and the cost of living has almost doubled...what do you suggest we do? Pi?? off back to where we came from? Dump our families? It must be a great gift to be able to see into the future, wish I had it!

But I took my chances when I did, there was no thought that things would turn out the way they have regarding the economy - no one can prepare for everything.

Yes, you must prove you have fixed income, yes you have to go to imigrasjonen each year for 4 years. Norway are not EU members as the visa is only valid in Norway. She must also seek permission for any work.

You do not know much about Norway, I see.

Yes it is common for homeless people get over 1mill baht. And it is is common to earn around 5 million baht per year with 40% tax.

Norway has a good reputation to take well to foreigners, Thailand knows it and I get good treatment from imigrasjonen here. After 3 years here I was offered a permanent residence permission because I could speak, read and write Thai, they offered it to me, I did not ask.

Yes, the currency has gone down and everything has become more expensive. If you had paid as much tax as we do in Norway so you could only smile and go on welfare office also hehehe Many advantages of high taxes, let me tell you. If all goes to hell here so I get flown home at government cost and receive a luxury apartment with everything. :D

Penkoprod

I'm well aware of that thread, having Googled for an answer.

I posted what i posted to allow EirikJohannesen the opportunity to show us what he considers "not very difficult"

It seems a long drawn out process, with many hoops to jump through, and pitfalls to overcome

Hardly what i would call......easy

Penkoprod

It was really easy, I just submitted the required documentation, paid a fee and waited 3 months. Everything is easy if you have what they ask for.

The question is whether you have the ability to get it, you must meet the requirements and it can be different from person to person, what country you come from, etc.

They offered it to me after 3 years here, I did not ask for it, immigration authorities said I fulfilled the requirements. :lol: