90 Day Reporting

On 23 May, I forwarded by EMS all relevant copies of passport, back/front TM6, completed TM47 together with stamped address envelope to 90 Day Reporting to Chaeng Wattana Immigration.

This was received on 24 May (Thailandpost tracking) and I hold the relevant receipt.

As of today's date, I still haven't received the tear off portion from form TM47.

As it is now approx 10 days since the above was received, should I be concerned that I have heard nothing or do the return dates vary?

This will be my first 90 day confirmation of address reporting. I hold a Retirement extension.

Let me explain further.

I live in a townhouse with my wife in Pathumthani and I own a condo in Bangkok. I used my Pathumthani address.

As Pathumthani is not in Bangkok, perhaps I should have used my Bangkok address.

I believe a receipt is required for mail reporting (you must do in person first time) so that might also be an issue. For processing they use that receipt, not when your mail arrived. But from some reports they are weeks behind so it may just be waiting time.

I was there today at 1030 and out at 1100 with 28 in queue ahead of me.

Yesterday I received from Immigration my first 90 day address reporting return slip. Took approx 2 weeks to process.

Immigration also returned copies of my passport and a blank TM47.

Stapled to the return slip is and I quote 'next time please return the original'. I presume this means return the original slip with date of next reporting together with completed TM47 and that copies of my passport are not required. Can anyone please confirm?

As I gave my Pathumthani address (not actually in BKK), it would appear that 90 day address reporting by mail has been accepted at Immigration Chaeng Wattana Road.

Regards

That note refers to your original TM.47 receipt that they returned to you to place in your passport until next report. You will still have to provide the same passport/card copies you provided this time each and every time AFAIK.