Dog Gets Electricuted And Then Knocked Over.

Richb2004v2

Today I saw a dog get exectricuted by a cable on the pavement. It managed to eventually get to its feet but then walked onto the road and got clicked by a pickup. It then died. There were kids playing in a broken phone box ten feet away. A stall keeper did give the cable a bit of a nudge with his foot but then went back to work. I dare say all will be ok and no one else will be hurt. Or maybe they will. Who knows, or cares. TiT. It just shows though that accidents actually do happen here.

RIP to the dog and his family, as they say on Thaivisa :D

Exectricuted? A CEO was holding the cable? :unsure:

The shop keeper nudged it? :lol:

I never, never step on cables. They are all over the local markets, as we all have seen. My girlfriend thinks I'm nuts, but many off them are frayed and lying across puddles of fish piss. (The cables, not my girlfriends--although a few have looked frayed the next morning :o .)

I once saw a guy step on a three-phase-- what? 460 volt-- heavy gauge cable that was later determined to have a PINHOLE in it where the guy stepped, with rubber soled sneakers--on a dry floor. His torso literally exploded and it threw him 20 or 30 feet across the building. (Cleanup, Isle 4 ...)

Extreme example. But a pinhole with enough amps......

(Okay, now all the electrical engineers can chime in and tell me how I could have possibly seen what I just described.)

I really should not be permitted on a machine without spell check.

Oh I think you should, some other people are just too picky.

Never let the inability to type get in the way of a good story, it hasn't bothered The Nation or The Bangkok Post for several years.

What colour was the dog?

(Okay, now all the electrical engineers can chime in and tell me how I could have possibly seen what I just described.)

Prescient.

Where did the current go to? Up through his torso and then where, up into fresh air?

Or was there actually a short from the cable to the (dry, therefore not very conductive,) floor it was sitting on which created a mini explosion? Done it several times with 240v metal to metal (yes I'm an idiot) it's a nasty surprise but still here. How high would it have blown him? Well conceivably it made a muscle contraction that made him jump a bit. 20 to 30 feet, used to be an Olympic record? Hmmm you certainly were lucky to see that.

Which of the three phases was exposed? All, potentially 380v? Unlikely, more likely one phase 240v or in America 120v.

Exploding torso? Claret everywhere? yeah right.

BTW in the UK when they cut into the lead sheathing and the three phase wiring insulation and right onto the live lines under the road (high load) with a knife, they only use the insulating power of rubber gloves, shoes, and a mat. Cool eh?

Nice story though :lol:

Cheeryble

Edited by cheeryble

Richb2004vTiT.

It just shows though that accidents actually do happen here.

No this is not an accident, live electrical wires on the pavement do not appear by magic.

They are the result of someones negligence, the shopkeepers indifference to the welfare of the children playing in the area should be a criminal offense.

Electrocute dogs??? Hmmm. This morning I watched some program about dogs leaping to their deaths from a 50 ft. bridge in Scotland. Where do I go to find out what they are using in those cables or on that bridge? Looking out my window right now, I think the barking, snarling pack of beasts gegenuber deserve the same fate.

Prescient.

Where did the current go to? Up through his torso and then where, up into fresh air?

Or was there actually a short from the cable to the (dry, therefore not very conductive,) floor it was sitting on which created a mini explosion? Done it several times with 240v metal to metal (yes I'm an idiot) it's a nasty surprise but still here. How high would it have blown him? Well conceivably it made a muscle contraction that made him jump a bit. 20 to 30 feet, used to be an Olympic record? Hmmm you certainly were lucky to see that.

Which of the three phases was exposed? All, potentially 380v? Unlikely, more likely one phase 240v or in America 120v.

Exploding torso? Claret everywhere? yeah right.

BTW in the UK when they cut into the lead sheathing and the three phase wiring insulation and right onto the live lines under the road (high load) with a knife, they only use the insulating power of rubber gloves, shoes, and a mat. Cool eh?

Nice story though :lol:

Cheeryble

No, he was holding on to the 5' x 10' computerized router (CNC) when he stepped on the cable, so I assume that is where the current went as it blew out the electronics, too. Trashed a new $200,000 machine.

Yes, 3 Phase, yes, 460 volts to be on a 100 amp breaker for a, I believe, 30 hp motor. He was the electrician's helper and I was later told that the cable had a manufacturing defect.

I am repeating what I saw and what the shop owner later relayed to me.

Thhhhhhp! :D

Never let the inability to type get in the way of a good story, it hasn't bothered The Nation or The Bangkok Post for several years.

What colour was the dog?

I'm not picky. I actually thought it quite humerous.

Picky is long time posters getting on someone about there/their, your/you're, etc. They should know people can't spell. Rich just made a typo.

What colour was the dog?

Picky is long time posters getting on someone about there/their, your/you're, etc. They should know people can't spell. Rich just made a typo.

Yes, I know, I wasn't pointing at you or Rich but the posters that you just described.

Anyway, any news on the colour of the dog?

What colour was the dog?

Yes, I know, I wasn't pointing at you or Rich but the posters that you just described.

Anyway, any news on the colour of the dog?

And thank you for not pointing out that I spelled humorous incorrectly. :lol: What a gent.

Yes, the dog was originally white, then a singed gray color, and a few minutes later, an oily black with red highlights.

Why? Is your pup missing?

Richb2004vTiT.

It just shows though that accidents actually do happen here.

No this is not an accident, live electrical wires on the pavement do not appear by magic.

They are the result of someones negligence, the shopkeepers indifference to the welfare of the children playing in the area should be a criminal offense.

I was kind of being sarcastic. I'm not sure the cable belonged to the shop keeper to be honest. What I meant was that considering the number of dangerous looking cables all over this is the first time I've seen an accident with them.

I remember the Duke of Edinbrugh comenting 'this looks like it's been wired by a load of Indians' when examining an electrical box at a youth training centre. I think he could easily have replaced Indian with Thai.

(still no spell check on this internet cafe machine) :D

Edited by Richb2004v2

And thank you for not pointing out that I spelled humorous incorrectly. :lol: What a gent.

Yes, the dog was originally white, then a singed gray color, and a few minutes later, an oily black with red highlights.

Why? Is your pup missing?

I honestly didn't spot the spelling mistake, but then again I don't spend time looking for them usually.

All my dogs are accounted for, the reason for asking is if the dog started out as a black one, then the driver of the pick-up would have had some bad Karma heading in their direction. But as it was white, they'll probably win the lottery.