Re-Entry Permit For Ed-Visa In Vientiane

My english writing is not too good as I am a French Canadian.

I have received from the school all the papers needed for an Education visa. Tomorrow June 6, I have a flight to Udon Thani and then made my way to Vientiane.

I have just learned when reading the forum and according to the person who went there last April ,that Vientiane don't give multriple entries, even if the formule have an entry for these entries.

I have also look at the Royal Thai embassy site and according to them it is possible to have multiple entries for 5,000 on a study visa:

--------------------------------------------------------------

3. NON-IMMIGRANT VISA

1. REQUIREMENT

This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom for the following purposes:

- to study, to come on a work study tour or observation tour , to participate in projects or seminars , to attend a conference or training course , to study as a foreign Buddhist monk (Category "ED")

2. DOCUMENTS REQUIRED

2.1 The applicants must submit the following relevant documents depending on the purpose of their visit.

- Visa application form completely filled out

- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months. The validity of 18 months is required for one year visa application.- (4 x 6 cm) protograph of the applicant, taken within the past six months

Transcript / Letter of acceptance from the concerned schools/universities or institutes ("ED") 3. VISA FEE

2,000 Baht for single entry and 5,000 Baht for multiple entries.

4. VALIDITY OF A VISA

Single-entry and multiple-entry visas are valid for three months. Multiple-entry visas could also be valid for one year

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to go to Montreal, Canada July 8, 2011 and my ticket are already purchased .

So I come back from Laos, have a ed visa 3 months stamped in my passport & have to extended it for one year by going immigration every 3 months.

But in 1 month I go out of the country

If they don't give me the multi-entries in Laos ,even if I am willing to pay 5,000 baht, what can I do?

Can I go to Chang Wattana and ask for multi entries even if it's only 1 week that I have just receive the ed visa?

Thank you in advance for your answers

You only get a 1 year extension if you study at a university, for alnguage courses and such you renew your permission to stay every 90 days.

Upon proof of travel, they can give you an extension early. How long wil you be going away from Thailand? If you return before the 90 days finish, just get a re-entry permit and when you come back apply for the extension. But Immigration will want proof that you really study.

But if you return to canada, you might be able to get a new multi-entry Ed-visa there. In Vientiane it is unlikely you will get a mutliple ED.

So I will go to Laos, get my ed visa, and go to chang wattana next week to have an early re-entry permit with my ticket as a proof .

Can I go directly to the airport office for a permit even if I don't fly that day. It's because I find it more easy to go to the airport than to chang wattana

No you can not. Go to Chiang Watanna anytime before you leave to obtain the re-entry permit or use the old immigration office at Suan Phlu (which is still open to provide re-entry permits). Best to not take a chance of being late at airport or them being busy.

• 2 weeks later...

IMMIGRATION SUAN PHLU IS STILL OPEN FOR RE-ENTRY PERMIT BUT ONLY EVERY SATURDAY 8:30 TO 12:00 FOR US .

I went there yesterday . The office was almost empty . Only 4 Asian peoples waiting. I present my passport and related papers. The girl at the desk tell me to go to Chang Wattana. I said that I was advise to go here for re-entry permit. She tell me it is only for Laos, Cambosia & Myanmar DURING the week . For others foreigners it is only EVERY SATURDAY FROM 8:30 TO 12:00. I ask that being here now can she process my permit. No way ! Cannot do that. Come saturday

So I went there for nothing

Immigration Division 1

At Immigration Bureau (Soi SuaPlu , Satorn Rd.)

Service for Re-entry permit online by Stop & Stamp

Contact at Immigration Division1 (Soi SuaPlu , Satorn Rd.)

Counter 6-7 Room 102 , 1st Floor , Building 1

Tel. : 0-2287-1983

Office hour: Mon-Fri 8:30 - 12.00 and 13.00 - 16:30

Saturday 8:30 - 12.00

Closed on OFFICIAL HOLIDAYS

Guess you can't trust the government.

Yes and I show this paper with the open hours . I even ask other officers in the other building and they all tell me the same thing. One officers even tell me "Why you don't believe me. I work here"

I will return saturday morning

Yes and I show this paper with the open hours . I even ask other officers in the other building and they all tell me the same thing. One officers even tell me "Why you don't believe me. I work here"

I will return saturday morning

I CONFIRM : IMMIGRATION SOI PHLU IN BANGKOK FOR RE-ENTRY PERMIT OPEN FOR ALL NATIONALITIES , ONLY SATURDAY FROM 8:30 TO 12:00 -- For Laos, Cambodia & Myanmar peoples open the rest of the week.

I went back to Immigration Suan Phlu this morning. At 8:20 about 20 people waiting. The whole process take less than one hour if you arrive early . At 9:30 when I left the room was full. Mostly Indians. Only 6 farangs.

Edited by andybangkok