Not The Bandit Airways Rant Thread

Well, I finally took "her indoors" up to Bangkok for a day's shopping last weekend. Flew on Bandit Airways. The flight was quite nice. Everything went well. No great drama when we explained that we did not have passports - used my Thai driver license and 'her indoors' used her school id card. No problems. The new 'OLD' airbus with the flight entertainment system was quite a novelty! BUT....... at more than 16,000 baht for flying less than 1,600 kilometers for an afternoon's shopping - it is highway robbery.. Ho hum - back to Tesco Lotus next time!

sorry, but who is able to do an "afternoon shopping" in Bangkok, is also able to pay the price for the tickets.

complaining afterwards looks like cheap charlie.

[/quot

typically the reason people have the money to go shopping is because they avoid being ripped off, imo that is not being a cheap charlie and if it is I will be happy to stand in that line. ;)

You spend 30,000 baht on brunch then start complaining. Serves you right. As they say "A fool and his money......"

Sorry just noticed your not actually complaining, Perhaps just showing off.

Edited by sketcher

Well, as this is a very competitive market section, and Bkk Air is having the party on it's ver own, there are alternatives comingup, not as 100% as comfortable as the Monopolists offers, but there are alternatives and people work on making them real alternatives!

as AirAsia:

65df7719.jpg

or NokAir:

aa252a7c.jpg

Edited by Samuian

Do I get that right, can you make the early Air Asia flight to Bangkok from Samui on the same day or would you have to stay one night over on the mainland in order to catch the 08.45 flight (FD 3182)?

sorry, but who is able to do an "afternoon shopping" in Bangkok, is also able to pay the price for the tickets.

complaining afterwards looks like cheap charlie.

Not sure that you are correct. In all threads/posts re Bandit Airways, I have 'complained' about the high price of their airfares.

In this post I was commending them on their service (whilst still saying that IMHO they are still too expensive)!

To put it in perspective.

When I first arrived on the island a return fare was approx 5,000 baht (or less).

Bandit Airways have increased their prices more than 300% since then and they have removed the free parking and downgraded their food service.

International flights in that time have increased approx 100%

Restaurant prices on the island have increased approx 100% (in the restaurants that I visit regularly)

Beer prices have increased less than 100%

You spend 30,000 baht on brunch then start complaining. Serves you right. As they say "A fool and his money......"

Sorry just noticed your not actually complaining, Perhaps just showing off.

30,000 on flight AND brunch.......not showing off, I have spent more at Nikki Beach (without flight that is) :lol:

Doesn't matter whether you spend the money on brunch or shopping......who cares!

I'm not comlaining for the moment......but I got the flights for half that price albeit on the prop both ways.

Wifey been nipping your head? :D

price and demand. while low season and not many tourists. they cut the cost. when tourists come flooding in . up goes the meter

I don't think any of the PG airbus can be considered "old" . The A319's have only been recently delivered. The ATR fleet is modern with the latest versions in use.

I have not flown Bandit Airways for a while and I had never seen one of their planes with an entertainment sysem (overhead locker type).

I use the word old as the carpet on the plane was well worn! Worn enough to be spotted by a blind old git like me.

I don't know where this topic is going, started as a comment statement & now becoming a rant..

Since there is a BKK Air rant topic Here can we try & post there please.