Marriage And Min Of Foreign Affairs

I have the affirmation to marry document (British consulate Chiang Mai) and it's been translated to Thai. Now do I visit the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok, or can it be posted??

I've checked www.mfa.go.th and there's no information.

Obviously for me post would be best.

Thanks

I have the affirmation to marry document (British consulate Chiang Mai) and it's been translated to Thai. Now do I visit the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok, or can it be posted??

I suspect that you are in the wrong forum, that it is not you but your fiancée who needs to have this “affirmation to marry” in order to apply for a visa to travel to the UK.

If my suspicion is right, then the “Visas and migration to other countries” forum would be the correct forum – a moderator will probably move this thread there – and possibly this post may already give you the information you seek.

Nope, per the British Embassey website Thai registrars need authentation of British consuls signature and certification of the Thai translation. This must be obtained from:- Minstry of Foriegn Affairs, Bangkok.

We won't be travelling or staying in the UK.

I believe most translation services can provide the MFA registration service. I don't know if it can be done by an applicant by mail; but probably not.

Would a pre marriage trip be nice?

For maestro: all foreigners must have such a document registered with the MFA before a marriage can be registered with a Thai national here in Thailand.

Thanks

If you are referring getting married (registering) at the Amphur office then the place that did the translation should have submitted the translated copy to the Ministry to get the necessary stamps. If they did not perhaps you can go back to them and ask them to do it. In my case the translation office knew what it was for and did it without my having to ask. But then the translation office was right next door to the Amphur office and just assumed. :o

Edited by tywais