Farang In Blue.

dindong

I can't imagine moving here and then signing up for that. Would have to be really bored. REALLY bored. On the other side of the coin, I guess if you're a tourist and you're looking for one of those TP faces, you would be happy to find one. Then again, I can't imagine being a tourist here and ever needing a TP. Everyone on the street is willing to help anyway, Thai residents and Farang residents, alike.

In another thread of the last few days, I noticed the head of the Immigration enforcement in CM said that TP need a work permit and the TP folk says they don't need a work permit. Wonder how that is going to work out? It would suck to be a TP and be on the losing end of that argument with an unexpected plane ticket in hand and no chance of ever returning here for committing such a violation. Here is a quote from his interview- "Then there is the problem of confusion amongst the government agencies themselves. Ruchuachai claims that his staff are all quite sensible and are not out to get people for minor infractions, but says "that cannot be said about other departments who may have another agenda". He even goes so far as to mention the tourist police in Chiang Mai, who employ foreign 'volunteers' who are technically working without official work permits, "please tell them that that is illegal! They need to come and report to me. The same goes for many government agencies and not-for-profit organisations which employ foreign teachers, also for apparent 'volunteer' duties, again without permits." "We're all going to end up arresting each other soon. Authorities are not respecting our department or the law," he bemoans." This article, in this thread- http://www.thaivisa....-music-is-over/

I can't see wanting to be a TP. I really have trouble understanding where a person's life would have to be in order order to cause them to want to give up their time for that duty. There is too much to enjoy here. Maybe I am extremely lazy? Probably. But I see they have twenty seats allocated to a set group of Farang from one club in CR for the introductory info course already, with a total of 50 seats available.

The good news is, they won't be bothering us.

Edited by kandahar

I can't imagine moving here and then signing up for that. Would have to be really bored.

Not really,I was a firefighter in a former life and because I saw the seriousness of things in life I later became a very dedicated first aid assistant and even a doctor.Later on I joined the police force to catch all those bad criminals...........................................................................However I finished it all when I grew up at the age of ten I guess.

Sort of Police academy with sticky rice? Could be quite entertaining to watch them make fools of themselves.

The one on the left looks to be about 145, the one in the middle has a very suspicious tache, and the one on the right has had some very major plastic surgery!

• 2 weeks later...

Dude,

This is about Chiang Rai, not the Chiang Mai mentioned in the 2006 article. And as you can read in the newer thread link posted previously, apparently some are volunteering without the work permit. This is as valid a thread as any.

dude,

this is some really old news, and as you can see in linked article they are very aware of the fact that you would be needing a work permit.

( reed the last lines )

2006 news item!

Listen Dudette, if you don't like it, don't read or comment and move on to the next saloon.

(read the first lines)

Ok hombre.

Edited by dindong

Dude,

This is about Chiang Rai, not the Chiang Mai mentioned in the 2006 article. And as you can read in the newer thread link posted previously, apparently some are volunteering without the work permit. This is as valid a thread as any.

sorry my bad,

correct me if im wrong but it's the same organisation ?

Edited by Klaasvaak

I am not well versed in that but they use the same emblem everywhere in Thailand that I have been so I would bet it is the same program. Can't imagine them having different programs in different cities. I would guess it is a national program.

Edited by kandahar