Lipo Yanhee

brasso

• 2 weeks later...

I am also considering liposuction at Yan See so would also appreciate anyone's feedback. I do have another question, which I am actually finding harder to research. Has anyone had, or does anyone know anyone who has had, liposuction at least a year ago (more than a year ago would be even better) and is happy with the result?

There are a lot of postings on the web about weight gain in particular and also lumps and bumps on the liposuction site. I am 'mature' so I guess my skin has lost a lot of its elasticity which would make me more susceptible to the lumps and bumps. I can probably cope with this to a minor extent as I am not planning on buying a bikini again, not matter how successful the op is. I have quite slim arms and legs and no bum to speak of - I just have huge tummy and love handles - so although it wouldn't be ideal I could add a bit to most places without them looking fat. My diet is excellent (90% of the time!) and I exercise regularly. I used to run marathons but knee and back problems exclude this much running these days. Even when I was running lots I always had a noticeable tummy

The most positive postings about long term benefits are from the hospitals doing the op or the medical tourism agents. I would love to hear positive things from real people who had it done some time ago. It is a lot of money for me to fork out and of course there is always the slight aprehension that things might go wrong. I would at least like to know that, all being well, I will be p[leased in 5 years that I did it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Sheryl, nice to know someone is happy with the procedure.

I went today for a consultation at Yanhee. Unfortunately the Dr said he didn't advise liposuction, rather abdominoplasty (tummy tuck). A much bigger op and correspondingly more expensive. Also seems to have, from what I have read on the internet, a much longer convalescence time.

I have a consultation booked at Bunrungrad next week so will wait to see what they sa/recommend before I make a decision.

Abdominoplasty is recommended when the quantity of fat to be removed is such (and or the skin turgor is such) that you would otherwise have rolls of baggy skin once the fat is gone. Liposuction alone removes only the fat, to give a good cosmetic result, the quantity of fat removed and the skin's natural elasticity must be such that the skin can naturallky contract down to the reduced size.

AFAIK this is a concern only for how you will look nude, if you are only concerned with appearance clothed, you could do just lipo and accept some saggy skin folds.

Some saggy skin folds probably OK at my stage in life as no great desire to start wearing a bikini again, no matter how good my tummy ends up. Would just like to be able tp wear fitting tops and an ordinary swim suit without having to hold my breath AND everything in at the same time - just to look nearly normal. The ultimate would be to be able to show a little mid riff but could perhaps give that idea up if I didn't have to go through major op with probably a long convalescence. Wouldn't like to look absolutely ghastly with no clothes on but can cope (as can my my other half) with it not looking perfect. It certainly doesn't look perfect now, that is for sure!