Texas 'mass grave' claim turns out to be a hoax

News_Editor

Texas 'mass grave' claim turns out to be a hoax

2011-06-08 08:28:33 GMT+7 (ICT)

LIBERTY COUNTY, TEXAS (BNO NEWS) -- Media reports that dozens of bodies were found at a property in Liberty County, Texas, on Tuesday have turned out to be false. A search of the property revealed nothing suspicious.

Local media and national media organizations such as CNN and CBS News initially cited law enforcement sources as saying that up to 30 bodies had been found at a property in Hull, an incorporated community in Liberty County, not far from the city of Hardin.

But Liberty County Judge Craig McNair later denied the reports that bodies had been found and said police had initially received a tip from a psychic who claimed 25 to 30 bodies were buried at the property. When police responded, however, they found some blood and a 'foul smell.'

It took several hours before a search warrant arrived, but McNair confirmed just after 9 p.m. ET that no bodies were found during a brief search of the property with a cadaver dog. He explained the blood found was from an altercation last month, and the smell was coming from rotting garbage.

"This is like something out of a novel," property owner Joe Bankston told KHOU-TV, adding that the blood found is from a suicide attempt by his daughter's ex-boyfriend last month. "He got drunk and cut his wrist. It took me all day to clean the inside of the house. I'm not sure I got it all," he said.

Bankston admitted that his son, Joe, is a convicted sex offender but he hasn't lived at the property for more than a year. "He lived with us for a little while, but had to go to Michigan about a year ago for a court appearance and never came back," Bankston told KHOU-TV. "Last I heard, he was in Ohio."

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-06-08

"tip from a psychic"crazy.gif

"blood found is from a suicide attempt by his daughter's ex-boyfriend last month. "He got drunk and cut his wrist. It took me all day to clean the inside of the house. I'm not sure I got it all," he said.(BARF)

"had to go to Michigan about a year ago for a court appearance and never came back,"shock1.gif

Holy Crap! Just doesn't get any better than this. I thought Jerry Springer retired.

Crazy. An anonymous tip from a psychic who had a vision leads to a massive police mobilization and media frenzy. And soon after the media are reporting that not only have they already found the bodies, but that they were children too. If this happened in Thailand the thread would be 30 pages long already and posters here would be going nuts about how backwards and superstitious they are. :lol:

those East Texas piney woods have some real characters holed up. The sheriff probably takes a caravan of deputy cars when they patrol the area, looking for votes. Some parts of the US could educate the Thais on superstition, backwardness, drinking, and non productivity.

Yes, psychic predictions can lead to wild goose chases. Not only in Texas, but right here in Thailand. All Thai politicians believe in hocus pocus to some extent. During Thaksin's time as PM, he and his entourage would often go to Chiang Mai specifically to commune with a particular psychic there. As if things aren't screwy enough in Thai politics, we have to worry about the heavy influence of crystal ball gazers on politicians' decisions.