Vegan Chocolate ?

aneliane

Op, perhaps make your own. Get hold of some raw cacao beans (can get online from Phuket), grind down with walnuts or oats and goji berries or dates in food processor, add some agave nectar and perhaps a tad of coconut oil, form into shape and chuck it in the fridge. No dairy, no added (refined) sugar and no cooking. Alternatively, just eat dates, that'll satisfy your choc craving.

Edited by jackr

Sorry guys you are right: I should ignore all the questions about ethics, vegetarianism, or religion, and so forth, and concentrate on where to find my chocolate ...

Please do not ask any question out of topic, as this topic could be moved to a different place

So please only answer me if you know when I could find Vegan Chocolate.

And pm me other questions

Thank you smile.gif

Aneliane

Op, perhaps make your own. Get hold of some raw cacao beans (can get online from Phuket), grind down with walnuts or oats and goji berries or dates in food processor, add some agave nectar and perhaps a tad of coconut oil, form into shape and chuck it in the fridge. No dairy, no added (refined) sugar and no cooking. Alternatively, just eat dates, that'll satisfy your choc craving.

Have you actually tried this ?

Do you think I could put soya milk too ?

might be off topic but what is that Oxy whatever chocolate that I have seen?

Also try Paragon as it might be there, alternatively there is a great chocolate shop in Central World, they might have vegan chocolate

Central World and Paragon are a joke, they call themselves "Gourmet market" but are nothing more than a collection of all main industrial junk sweets in western world.

I did not see a single piece of real chocolate there. All industrial crap.

And indeed they did not have soya milk chocolate, they never even heard of it.

Edited by aneliane

Did not know a "vegan" chocolate would exist. I want to try some now just to taste the difference.

Well it is really delicious ....if I find some I give you the address,... but it looks like I will have to order it online ...

Edited by aneliane

might be off topic but what is that Oxy whatever chocolate that I have seen?

Also try Paragon as it might be there, alternatively there is a great chocolate shop in Central World, they might have vegan chocolate

Central World and Paragon are a joke, they call themselves "Gourmet market" but are nothing more than a collection of all main industrial junk sweets in western world.

I did not see a single piece of real chocolate there. All industrial crap.

And indeed they did not have soya milk chocolate, they never even heard of it.

They don't even know there are Soya Milk Chocolates available.....

Agree they have all craps we can grab some anywhere.

Soya milk chocolate sounds like an oxymoron to me - kind of like a soya bean beefburger.

If you don't want milk, eat dark chocolate or white chocolate. If you crave it, then it will be the cocoa you crave, so eat the dark stuff as there's no cocoa in white chocolate.

You are absolutely right Soya Milk should not be called milk, because it is not actual milk, the real term should be soya JUICE as soya is a plant

And as god said that chocolate should be made only with cow milk I should not have said 'chocolate'

But "fake stuff that taste like chocolate for people who pretend being vegan but can't actually do it."

Mea Culpa : I should have titled my topic : Looking for Soya-Juice-Fake-stuff-that-tastes-like-chocolate for people who pretend being vegan but can't actually do it biggrin.gifjap.gif

Sorry, you are very wrong .It is Soya Milk. There is no juice in a Soya bean, if you try to extract it,the juice , no chance.You get nothing. You get the milk by crushing the bean, adding water and boiling it. Then straining it. The word , milk, comes from the colour. Now ,if you add some nice acid, like lime juice ,you now will get Bean Curd. This curd has nothing to do with cows milk, but comes from Soya Milk. Not like the curds and whey that Little Miss Muffet had.

Soya milk chocolate sounds like an oxymoron to me - kind of like a soya bean beefburger.

If you don't want milk, eat dark chocolate or white chocolate. If you crave it, then it will be the cocoa you crave, so eat the dark stuff as there's no cocoa in white chocolate.

You are absolutely right Soya Milk should not be called milk, because it is not actual milk, the real term should be soya JUICE as soya is a plant

And as god said that chocolate should be made only with cow milk I should not have said 'chocolate'

But "fake stuff that taste like chocolate for people who pretend being vegan but can't actually do it."

Mea Culpa : I should have titled my topic : Looking for Soya-Juice-Fake-stuff-that-tastes-like-chocolate for people who pretend being vegan but can't actually do it biggrin.gifjap.gif

Sorry, you are very wrong .It is Soya Milk. There is no juice in a Soya bean, if you try to extract it,the juice , no chance.You get nothing. You get the milk by crushing the bean, adding water and boiling it. Then straining it. The word , milk, comes from the colour. Now ,if you add some nice acid, like lime juice ,you now will get Bean Curd. This curd has nothing to do with cows milk, but comes from Soya Milk. Not like the curds and whey that Little Miss Muffet had.

Please read again,

I was answering Jonniey who did not like the term "soya milk chocolate" I used, implying that only "real" milk should be used for chocolate -which is also wrong since real chocolate would not suffer dairy at all.

I was only searching for alternative words.

Milk comes from an animal / Juice from a plant

That's what the dictionary, and wikipedia says.

I do know the process to make soya milk thank you.

I personally say soya milk, but jonniey did not like it.

If I should have kept the word "MILK", then I don't see how I could say it unsure.gif

replace chocolate by "raw or processed food produced from the seed of the tropical cacao tree" and soya milk by Glycine Max juice? yeah that would have really been easily understood laugh.gif

Looking for Glycine max MILK processed food produced from the seed of the tropical cacao tree ? Now thats a nice title !

Edited by aneliane