Am I Twisted?

Belfastboy

I was thinking the same thing. The instant I'm at the door to exit the plane on arrival in Thailand, there's a welcoming blast of heat, humidity and scents that tells me I'm back in Thailand again.

It's like coming home.

:o

I think it's a sure sign of being twisted.

I think Bangkok does it to you.

One of my most prominent memories is the moment I stepped off a beat up Bangladesh Biman 727

at the airport in Bangkok in december 1978. Back then you stepped off the jet right into the outside air rather into the jet-ways of today.

The blast of hot humid blend of varied aromas that permeate Bangkok hit me hard. I was immediately intoxicated by it.

Now you have to wait till you get to the taxi and out of the airport for it hit you.

I still like it but in smaller doses now.

I love walking around that lower sukumvit area. Blends of smells there are great.

I love riding the motorbike around Phuket and getting a nose full of the day. Especially in the morning when people are cooking up the food for the day.

I'm pretty twisted. :D:o

It's getting so I hate to leave the country.

:D

I once experianced the smell of BKK while in England. The Airline I worked for Das Air ran a weekly trip to BKK. Once when I was first on the scene, seeing the Aircraft in I opened the crago door, and Bangkok wafted out. Wonderful. Fantastic. The smell when you first arrive at Don Muang is the same. The doors open at the terminal, and in steps BKK.Love it or hate it, there is no other smell like it in world.

Dare I say " A breath of fresh air?"

Im beginning to wonder about what makes the average human happy...

but am i alone in saying that i love that Bangkok smell?..u know that smell of pollution in the air...i know i shudn't but i do love it....when i step foot outside don muang...the smell hits u and i take a deep breath and think....calm and happy thoughts...

am i weird? or is there anyone else enjoy the smell??  :o

Funny you should mention this topic....... back in 1990, I stepped out of Dom Muang after a hiatus of almost 25 years.

I had lived in Bangkok from 1959 through 1965 with my family.

The first thing I remembered was the smell! Not a bad smell, just an acquired smell, but it brought back memories.

Upon returning to the USA, I was telling my sister of the trip and lo and behold, the conversation turned to the smell! When my sister moved to Thailand to teach, her first email back was about....... you guessed it, the smell!

Now I am living in Thailand, and whenever I return, I know I am home when I smell the smell........ gotta love it! :D