3G News & Developments

LOL, keep telling yourself True is a leader in any category except losing money year in, year out.I think TrueMove H resells CAT 3G?DTAC have ~ 7.2 million data subscribers as of 12/31/12 while TrueMove H had 2.9 million total subscribers.Seriously though, once TrueMove turns profitable feel free to let us know.

Stick to copy and paste professional articles, leaves u less exposed.

With 2x more cell sites than DTAC, and having 2x more spectrum as well, those guys at DTAC must be real magicians to claim they have the best 3G network

Let me know when u have some real facts

LOL. With 2.9 million customers, well below the target of 4 million, oops because they ran out of numbers, I suspect TrueMove H customers do get decent 3G for the state agency known as CAT. Seriously though, no one is saying True Mobile group isn't good at losing money. TrueMove's new tag-line, "We're working their way up to incompetent."laugh.png

But please, feel free to share any "facts" you have.whistling.gif Let me guess, they'll make it up on volume?

Not sure who's exposed here? OK, I'm sure, it's u.biggrin.png

post-9615-0-21953000-1364031007_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-88611400-1364031136_thumb.jp

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, keep telling yourself True is a leader in any category except losing money year in, year out.I think TrueMove H resells CAT 3G?DTAC have ~ 7.2 million data subscribers as of 12/31/12 while TrueMove H had 2.9 million total subscribers.Seriously though, once TrueMove turns profitable feel free to let us know.

With 2x more cell sites than DTAC, and having 2x more spectrum as well, those guys at DTAC must be real magicians to claim they have the best 3G network

But for how long will True have 2 x more spectrum?

They are running on empty. A concession that is about to expire and a dubious contract with CAT.

So as of 2014 they will have NO network of their own.

They are running on empty. A concession that is about to expire and a dubious contract with CAT.

In theory they will have a 2100 MHz TrueMove N (New) network, and still be reselling TrueMove H.

Not that this bifurcated branding makes any sense, but then when did that matter for them?

In theory they will have a 2100 MHz TrueMove N (New) network, and still be reselling TrueMove H.

Not that this bifurcated branding makes any sense, but then when did that matter for them?

Yes. But ONLY if they build completely new cell sites as the old ones SHOULD get passed to CAT under the terms of the concession. It will be Interesting what legal ( and dubious) antics True will use to get over that one.

Great Bait and switch - problem is most TV-ers are older than 3 years old

Any real telco professional ( not armchair experts ) can tell you coverage, coverage , coverage is the KSF

Let me repeat, True has 2x more coverage than DTAC, and about 4x more than AIS

In addition they have 30 MHz vs 15 MHz

Will be interesting to see AIS migrate millions to 15mhz , get ready for dismal performance

Great Bait and switch - problem is most TV-ers are older than 3 years old

Any real telco professional ( not armchair experts ) can tell you coverage, coverage , coverage is the KSF

Let me repeat, True has 2x more coverage than DTAC, and about 4x more than AIS

In addition they have 30 MHz vs 15 MHz

Will be interesting to see AIS migrate millions to 15mhz , get ready for dismal performance

True have 30mhz of what exactly?

"AIS likely paid more to get first choice of channels, having secured the 2140-2155 MHz (downlink)/1950-1965 MHz (uplink) pair. While there is little difference between the frequency bands with regard to 3G service, the 2100-MHz spectrum is widely used for 4G networks, so AIS could well be planning for expansion beyond 3G. AIS's spectrum is also notably directly next to long-time partner TOT's 2155-2170 MHz (downlink)/1965-1980MHz (uplink) band pair, causing some analysts to suspect that the companies are once again planning to work together to offer 4G services over their combined 30 MHz of spectrum"

source : http://www.oxfordbusinessgroup.com/economic_updates/thailand-cut-price-3g-auction

Most telecom experts would also like to see an ironclad contract between the frequency holder... and airtime seller.... In True's case, CAT is the frequency holder and soon to be owner of the whole of True's network under the concession rules .. Other than the new 2100mhz contract True only has a concession that expires THIS year on 1800mhz. It is currently selling CAT's airtime on a dodgy contract.

Edited by thaicbr

Frequency ( 30 MHz of frequency... Hope you get it now)

.... Which is 2x more than DTAC and AIS,

..... And have 2x more coverage than Dtac, and 4x AIS.

Good luck with the AIS / TOT alliance.... Guess AIS are masochists, guess they haven't learnt from their BroadBand "Buddy" offering w TOT ( don't see any adverts anymore ). How they expect to provide world class service dealing with a nepotistic / entitlement org. such as TOT will be an interesting case study.

They failed once already ....

Frequency ( 30 MHz of frequency... Hope you get it now)

.... Which is 2x more than DTAC and AIS,

..... And have 2x more coverage than Dtac, and 4x AIS.

Good luck with the AIS / TOT alliance.... Guess AIS are masochists, guess they haven't learnt from their BroadBand "Buddy" offering w TOT ( don't see any adverts anymore ). How they expect to provide world class service dealing with a nepotistic / entitlement org. such as TOT will be an interesting case study.

They failed once already ....

Right. Got that.. umm 30mhz of what frequency??

They only have 15mhz of 2100mhz and are due to return the 1800mhz to CAT end of this year...the 850mhz frequency belongs to CAT.

They only have 15mhz of 2100mhz and are due to return the 1800mhz to CAT end of this year...the 850mhz frequency belongs to CAT.

Very difficult to comprehend I guess. Lets try something simple first...if you hold a 30 year lease on a property, does that not bring entitlement ?

To be technically correct, they have the legal right to use 30mhz, 15 under CAT 850 agreement, 15 under 2100 MHz

True = 30 MHz

AIS/DTAC = 15 MHz

Lesson 2 will then cover what that means for subscribers. The more AIS move their mass to 2100 MHz, the more fun it will get.

Very difficult to comprehend I guess. Lets try something simple first...if you hold a 30 year lease on a property, does that not bring entitlement ?

To be technically correct, they have the legal right to use 30mhz, 15 under CAT 850 agreement, 15 under 2100 MHz

True = 30 MHz

AIS/DTAC = 15 MHz

Lesson 2 will then cover what that means for subscribers. The more AIS move their mass to 2100 MHz, the more fun it will get.

So Dtac and Ais also have 900 and 850mhz spectrum. Ais also have a airtime sharing agreement with TOT ( with more agreement's on the cards)

Dtac have the largest portion of 1800mhz (the suggested 4g) than any other provider. Negotiations are under way to give it back DTAC will certainly want something for it as their concession does not expire until 2018.

So Same, same.

Let's try something simple.

Try not being condescending with giving the facts accurately.

Also have True actually got a legal airtime sharing agreement with CAT. Last I saw they didn't.

So Dtac and Ais also have 900 and 850mhz spectrum. Ais also have a airtime sharing agreement with TOT ( with more agreement's on the cards.

You obviously confused the title of this thread is 3G, not 2G.

Have you tried the hand over in this AIS / TOT ? I have. Last time I tried it, I had to wait 5 mins for the TOT network to pick up a signal when AIS dropped. If you think TOT 3G is going to be credible, seems you will be the only one, so have an enjoyable experience.

So lets repeat.

True has the legal right for 30 MHz in the 3G spectrum.

DTAC 15 Mhz

AIS 15 MHz maybe with some roaming on TOT 3G which will be a real enjoyable experience as their joint Broad band " buddy " Internet offering was

So your saying that Dtac do not have 3g on 850mhz and AIS on 900mhz. Or are you suggesting that you cannot have 3g on 850/900 mhz. If so its you getting confused.

Also can you supply a link that confirms True's contract with CAT is legal. Last I saw it wasn't and both parties were trying to sought it out.

Edited by thaicbr

Oh by the way I have never tried AIS. But I do know with my True H it will also take an age to go from the 2g 1800 true back to True H. It will just show roaming. So I end up keeping it in WCDMA only and loosing signal.

With the Dtac it changes back fairly quickly... but YES at the moment True have more coverage :)

Edited by thaicbr

So your saying that Dtac do not have 3g on 850mhz and AIS on 900mhz. Or are you suggesting that you cannot have 3g on 850/900 mhz. If so its you getting confused.

Also can you supply a link that confirms True's contract with CAT is legal. Last I saw it wasn't and both parties were trying to sought it out.

You need to ask yourself why DTAC and AIS did not roll out 3G on their old frequencies. Your exposing yourself..... Maybe lomaxxxx can help you out

Edited by skippybangkok

You need to ask yourself why DTAC and AIS did not roll out 3G on their old frequencies. Your exposing yourself..... Maybe lomaxxxx can help you out

I would have thought that's simple previous administrations and True have pulled Dtac and AIS through the mud. Re: foreign ownership. Trial networks.

With True in the mean time using government agency assets (CAT) to give them 3G coverage. With out the dubious CAT/True deal there would be NO True 3G. Also I would suggest that they were hoping for an earlier conclusion to the 3g auctions (which just happened to be derailed time and time again by.... you guest it CAT and True)

But I'm obviously missing the point again...

OK. Oracle of the Thai 3g. Which parts of my posts are wrong???

I have agreed True currently have better coverage.

I'm just disputing your assertion about True having 30mhz legal frequency..... The CAT contract is in dispute... is it not? And that as of the end of this year True will actually have NO network base stations. So the roll out on 2100mhz will have to built new or contracted onto the existing CAT (old True/CAT/Hutchinson) or am I wrong?

Apologies .... your incorrect on all of the above (except True has more 3G coverage)

( ps ... How hard would it be to drum up a few aligned thai ajarns to lay claim that an agreement is "dubious" as per your quote and all over the press. One would be really naieve or are very new to Thailand to not understand who sits behind certain articles and what their motives really are ( it's called rent a mouth)). Of course AIS would never resort to such tricks to slow down True 3G roll out whilst they were legally suck on 2G 900Mhz....... That would be un-ethical and i am sure their singaporean puppet masters would shiver at the thought of doing something under handed.

A bit like saying Fox News is not pro Republican and you can believe all that comes out of Fox news ( i.e. Obama is a muslim, was not born in US etc etc.)

Wake up, dont believe everything you read in the press, or do you have other sources of data?

Edited by skippybangkok

Apologies .... your incorrect on all of the above (except True has more 3G coverage)

( ps ... How hard would it be to drum up a few aligned thai ajarns to lay claim that an agreement is "dubious" as per your quote and all over the press. One would be really naieve or are very new to Thailand to not understand who sits behind certain articles and what their motives really are ( it's called rent a mouth)). Of course AIS would never resort to such tricks to slow down True 3G roll out whilst they were legally suck on 2G 900Mhz....... That would be un-ethical and i am sure their singaporean puppet masters would shiver at the thought of doing something under handed.

A bit like saying Fox News is not pro Republican and you can believe all that comes out of Fox news ( i.e. Obama is a muslim, was not born in US etc etc.)

Wake up, dont believe everything you read in the press, or do you have other sources of data?

So you're saying that the organization responsible for communications in Thailand(NBTC) are wrong when they have stated there are discrepancies in the contract which make it illegal and they have to redo it...... it's very easy to find the details just Google 'true 3g contract with cat'... OK then!

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just how long is this little spat going to continue here... before we finally get back to the actual topic of this thread... "3G News and Developments"???

If you guys want to continue flogging this issue, why not do it via PM to keep each other entertained... But leave it out of the thread... wai2.gif

Just how long is this little spat going to continue here... before we finally get back to the actual topic of this thread... "3G News and Developments"???

If you guys want to continue flogging this issue, why not do it via PM to keep each other entertained... But leave it out of the thread... wai2.gif

Well, its simple, both Loma and ThaiCBR just cant accept the fact True has far more 3G cell sites and the use of more frequency than AIS / DTAC. They have an immense bias are having difficulty that their beloved operators are lagging behind and are dragging every dead horse out of the canal to try to discredit True as #1 in 3G (ie "dubious contract", shareholder reports etc. )

No one knows what end 2013 will look like, but at present True is in the lead.

Edited by skippybangkok

Agreed. But it does annoy me when people do not give accurate info..AND we know he has a grudge with DTAC for some reason.. Simple

Any way.. as you say ..enough said.

Edited by thaicbr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Who's the sinner ?

Guy from NBTC came out warning operators on poor 3G speeds. Looking at the edit, there is only enough room between the signal bar and the "3G" symbol up top for a 3 letter ID, max 4 :)

The image they provided is not fair to any of the operators. It should be a statistically valid sample, not just a once off speed test. Further more, its totally possible to have full signal bar ( power ) but a shocking EC/NO which would also deliver that result.

post-25605-0-02609200-1369150044_thumb.j

Below is my DTAC 3G speed today a little after noon time at the Bang Yai Big C in Nanthaburi (over a 15Mb download speed). And just a few seconds before posting this I did another speedtest here at my dining room table in western Bangkok...I got a 8380Kbps download and 3386Kbps upload speed. I be happy with the 3G speed of my DTAC postpaid plan.

post-55970-0-59256900-1369150760_thumb.p

• 2 weeks later...

My wife's Samsung S3 was changed to the AIS 2100 almost 2 weeks ago. My Samsung Note is scheduled to change today.

1 Observation and if anyone may know why: My wife has been saying that her phone gets warm quite often since changeing to 2100.

2 Observation and if anyone may know if this is related to a change to 3G service in Thailand: In the last week my 3BB Premiere dedicated line dsl has approximately doubled the download speed from the US.

Thanks.

Edited by hml367