Technical Training In Thailand.

buddy

Hi All,

I tried posting this question in another forum but did not get any answers!

If I conduct technical training in Thailand working for a Thai company , I am a westerner with a work permit), can the client (the receiver of the training) claim the costs of the training back through a tax allowance/deduction?

If the answer is yes how much, 50%, 100%?

Thanks & best regards.

With a corporation the company can declare 100% of the costs as a tax deduction as part of employee training. However, it would not be allowed on an individual basis. as only life insurance, charitable donations and investment in LTF/RMF is deductible for individuals.

[sunbelt][/sunbelt]

100% is deductible through normal accounting procedures while an additional 100% can be deducted if the company's proposed training course is approved by the Department of Skill Development (DSD). This is in accordance with the Skill Development Promotion Act, however the course would have to be deemed to be relevant to the employee in either upgrading his skill or diversifying him into other specialties. Not all courses are accepted into this program.

For companies that do choose to enroll in this, for large companies with over 100 employees then 50% must attend but for companies less than 100 employees the requirement will be waived and once enrolled, monthly contributions would have to be made.

[sunbelt][/sunbelt]