29 X 2 Inch Inner Tubes

Digitalbanana

If it's for a 29" mountain bike i'm pretty sure that the 700's will be no good. You will be best to make sure you have plenty of tubes when you go or better still, convert to tubless.

If it's not for a mountain bike, ignore all above as i have no idea about road bikes. :blink:

Not sure, the tyre says 29 X 2 on outside. What kind of tube do you think I need?

They may be labelled various ways: 29 1.9 to 29 x 2.35; 47/52-622; 700c X 47-52; etc. You can find tables of equivalent sizes in various places on the internet. here's one http://sheldonbrown....ire-sizing.html

Edited by OriginalPoster

If it's for a 29" mountain bike i'm pretty sure that the 700's will be no good. You will be best to make sure you have plenty of tubes when you go or better still, convert to tubless.

If it's not for a mountain bike, ignore all above as i have no idea about road bikes. :blink:

Why would 700's not be good, isn't that what 29'er tires are?

Edited by OriginalPoster

As far as i am aware, 700's are for road bikes, mountain bike tubes are thicker and wider. I wouldn't consider running a road tube for off road situations for fear of constant punctures. I am happy to be proved wrong though. I only carry tubes for emergencies as i run tubeless anyway.

As far as i am aware, 700's are for road bikes, mountain bike tubes are thicker and wider. I wouldn't consider running a road tube for off road situations for fear of constant punctures. I am happy to be proved wrong though. I only carry tubes for emergencies as i run tubeless anyway.

No, 700c has nothing to do with tire widths, it is related the the diameter of the rim and is the same for 29'er mountain bikes as it is for most road bikes. The width is the difference between 29er MTB rims and road bike rims, not the diameter. Rims for each have nominal diameters of 622mm, the 700C is nomeclature that comes from history. 29 inches is an approximation of the total diameter of the wheel including the rim plus the mounted tire that results when you use a 700c rim with typical mountain bike width tires. With the skinnier tires typical of road bikes, the diameter of the tire mounted on a 700c rim is going to be closer to 28 inches, because the diameter of the tire itself (as opposed to the diameter of the rim) will be smaller by about the same amount that it is more narrow. Therefore if using the same diameter rim with each, a 23 or 25mm tire typical on a road racing bike would result in the total diameter of the wheel including the tire being abut one inch less than when using the 50+ mm tire widths typical on a mountain bike.

I've got a Specialized Hard Rock mountain bike with 29x2 written on outside of tire. Bought it in southern Thailand. Not sure where they sell suitable inner tubes for it. May wait til I get to Bangkok to get the right type. I think they have a service point in Rama4.

I've got a Specialized Hard Rock mountain bike with 29x2 written on outside of tire. Bought it in southern Thailand. Not sure where they sell suitable inner tubes for it. May wait til I get to Bangkok to get the right type. I think they have a service point in Rama4.

If you're not in that much of a hurry, you might be just as well off to mail order them from the US or Europe. It might save you a lot of time running around looking for them, and on small dollar items like inner tube the import duties shouldn't break you.

Yes might try mail order. On the rim it says

DOUBLE WALL

622 x 17

6061-T6

I'm not an expert on this, does this tell me what type of inner tube or tire I should order? Much appreciate the responses so far, thanks.

That means that your rims are 622mm dia by 17mm wide, but you want to size your tubes based upon your tire width rather than the rim width. Since you tire is labeled at 29x2, I think that what you want is something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Continental-Tubes-Presta-Valve-29x1-75-2-5/dp/B004IFG4WG/ref=sr_1_2?s=cycling&ie=UTF8&qid=1308038071&sr=1-2

Yes might try mail order. On the rim it says

DOUBLE WALL

622 x 17

6061-T6

I'm not an expert on this, does this tell me what type of inner tube or tire I should order? Much appreciate the responses so far, thanks.

That means that your rims are 622mm dia by 17mm wide, but you want to size your tubes based upon your tire width rather than the rim width. Since you tire is labeled at 29x2, I think that what you want is something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Continental-Tubes-Presta-Valve-29x1-75-2-5/dp/B004IFG4WG/ref=sr_1_2?s=cycling&ie=UTF8&qid=1308038071&sr=1-2

Thanks for the link. I finally got what I wanted, Specialized 29 x 1.9/2.3 Schraeder Valve tubes from their service center in Bangkok Rama 4 Rd.