Don'T Have Cue System In Australia?

TAWP

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, certainly but do you then also agree that he is within his rights to insult a woman who asked to move to the front of the line and to then make the most rabidly bizarre assumptions based on what is obviously his own personal issues?

He did not insult her when she demanded to go in front of him. He simply said no.

He insulted her on Thai Visa for being pushy and since no one knows who she is, I do not see the harm.

Perhaps but its quite enlightening and good information to know about our members . cheers :)

Again, she did not ask to go infront.

More enlightening to see people attacking OPs over the wrong facts.

Err, nope fella it is exactly the same in Obamaland. You are just ignorant of how to use the language. Were you born in Kenya too?

Uh, try 'non English' speaker...

Yank ... Same same.

I queued for a cue but didn't have a clue thus I jumped.

If I had 10 baht for everytime someone has jumped a queue in Thailand (regardless of perceived race or nationality) I wouldn't have to ever queue anymore.

(At least we are not in China or Italy when it comes to queues.......)

Certainly but your amazingly poor attitude towards a woman who asked to move to the queue (rather than jump it) and extraordinarily judgmental assumptions based on the color of her skin and the shape of her body have really very little to do with the fact that the cashier did not do this, or that perhaps in her country its the done thing and she didn't know.

Wonder if you'd be as judgmental if it was a heavier farang guy that had asked you the same question??

I think you read what you want to read since you are also a farang women.

She did NOT ask to move to our queue. There was no question at all. She merely belched out that she had 'stood here for aaages'. Maybe she wanted us to give her a medal for 'standing upright longer than 5 minutes'.

She obviously thought that moving to a newly opened cashier, where NOONE WAS CURRENTLY STANDING, was a very bad thing to do and had to 'lecture' us about it. And then turning around and walking back to her friend in the other queue.

You seem to lack both an understanding of etiquette as well as politeness in society. Regardless if the lines were at a grocery store, movie theater, concert or anywhere else ... the right thing to do when a new line is formed is for those people waiting the longest (deepest in the line) to move to the new line. Doesn't this not only seem fair & proper but also common sense???? Of course we have all made a beeline for the new line, regardless of others waiting longer, but to go so far as justifying this being right doesn't make any sense because clearly it is not fair to those who have waited the longest and/or can't move as fast as us.

I also take offense to your description of the people as it is irrelevant in the story unless somehow you believe your being better or stronger then the others entitles you to get your way regardless of what is the right thing to do when interacting with people in a society. Would it be fair for me to tell people about your incident by starting off, "This poster, who doesn't even know how to spell the word queue and refuses to even accept the proper spelling when pointed out, was telling others the proper way to behave in a cue (queue)" By the way, even in the UK it is spelled queue and not cue. (See: http://dictionary.ca...ish/cue_1?q=cue) No, it would not be fair because it would come off very biased in terms of relating your knowledge of spelling to how to behave in social standings .. similar to what you are doing in the way you describe the others involved in your incident.

You seem to be making a big deal and going out of your way in defending your actions in regards to a minor incident which in my estimation says to me that you already have a gut feeling that you didn't handle this situation as well as you should have..

Edited by Nisa

Yes, certainly but do you then also agree that he is within his rights to insult a woman who asked to move to the front of the line and to then make the most rabidly bizarre assumptions based on what is obviously his own personal issues?

He did not insult her when she demanded to go in front of him. He simply said no.

He insulted her on Thai Visa for being pushy and since no one knows who she is, I do not see the harm.

Perhaps but its quite enlightening and good information to know about our members . cheers :)

Again, she did not ask to go infront.

More enlightening to see people attacking OPs over the wrong facts.

If she didn't ask to go to the front of the line then what are you complaining about???

Your acting as if somebody complaining about losing their wallet, which you found, doesn't actually want it back because they didn't say those exact words.

Could you really be this out of touch with dealing with people in social & every day settings?

Edited by Nisa

"This poster, who doesn't even know how to spell the word queue and refuses to even accept the proper spelling when pointed out, was telling others the proper way to behave in a cue (queue)" By the way, even in the UK it is spelled queue and not cue.

Where have I not accepted the spelling of the word and also adjusted to using it?

Again Nisa, you are way off base.

If she didn't ask to go to the front of the line then what are you complaining about???

Perhaps the clue is in the posts written.

But I'll be brief here, just for you: The complaint was that she walked up to us and complained about having been in the other queue for 'aaaaages' (btw, it was close to some 2 minutes sofar, she was being a drama-queen), i.e. making a scene over nothing and also making a scene over her inability to perceive that the cashier was moving and therefor being too slow in moving over to the new one forming. Other was able to do it. Why should we adjust our ways for the weak and slow-minded? Should we perhaps go around and ask everyone in the store if they felt they where queuing?

Seriously, if someone behaved like she did in my home-country people there would have laughed and told her to sod off.

"This poster, who doesn't even know how to spell the word queue and refuses to even accept the proper spelling when pointed out, was telling others the proper way to behave in a cue (queue)" By the way, even in the UK it is spelled queue and not cue.

Where have I not accepted the spelling of the word and also adjusted to using it?

Again Nisa, you are way off base.

Apologize, I misread your post of justifying the misspelling to be a denial. But interesting that is the only thing in my post you want to consider and/or reply about ... instead of trying to understand the example which would still be the same as if i asked if it would be right for me to tell your story by starting off with ... "A poster, who doesn't even know how to spell the word queue, was telling others the proper way to behave in a cue ( queue )"

Edited by Nisa

Seriously, if someone behaved like she did in my home-country people there would have laughed and told her to sod off.

Good thing we don't need to speculate how people (from numerous countries) would react to your rants and inability to accept your actions and current defenses.

This topic reminded me of a situation last week.

Wife and I did our Monthly grocery shop.

We were just getting to the front of the line checkout and about to unpack and I noticed a young Thai couple line up behind us with only 2 items in hand and cash.

I offered to them to go ahead of us as we had a Trolley full to the brim and would take a long time to unload.

The couple at first were shocked but smiled and went ahead of us

Then all of a sudden some nasty old woman decided because I had offered the young couple to go ahead she should be allowed to physically push me out of the way with a full basket to go ahead too.

When i protested she started to yell at me and call me (I later found out by Translation) nasty Racist names...

I was truly shocked

I mean I have been in Thailand long enough to accept that Thais have no idea of the concept of Queuing up

As this is ingrained into them from a young age.

you only need to watch school children forcefully push people out of the way on the BTS to see it.

But this woman was in a League of her own.

She seemed to think just because I offered the position to someone it was automatically extended to her with her large basket of goods..

In the end the old woman backed off.

The young couple even came up to later and apologized for the old woman explaining "not all Thais act like Buffalo" I laughed and said Mi penri.

A little off Topic but though I would share it.

What is this thread about?

A foreigner complained, uncharacteristically loud for Thailand, about another person's selfishness and inconsideration for others.

Doesn't really seem to warrant a Topic but the fact the OP doesn't seem to get this, has made it worthy of comments.

Edited by Nisa

This topic reminded me of a situation last week.

Wife and I did our Monthly grocery shop.

We were just getting to the front of the line checkout and about to unpack and I noticed a young Thai couple line up behind us with only 2 items in hand and cash.

I offered to them to go ahead of us as we had a Trolley full to the brim and would take a long time to unload.

The couple at first were shocked but smiled and went ahead of us

Then all of a sudden some nasty old woman decided because I had offered the young couple to go ahead she should be allowed to physically push me out of the way with a full basket to go ahead too.

When i protested she started to yell at me and call me (I later found out by Translation) nasty Racist names...

I was truly shocked

I mean I have been in Thailand long enough to accept that Thais have no idea of the concept of Queuing up

As this is ingrained into them from a young age.

you only need to watch school children forcefully push people out of the way on the BTS to see it.

But this woman was in a League of her own.

She seemed to think just because I offered the position to someone it was automatically extended to her with her large basket of goods..

In the end the old woman backed off.

The young couple even came up to later and apologized for the old woman explaining "not all Thais act like Buffalo" I laughed and said Mi penri.

A little off Topic but though I would share it.

Good story and I like the fact you didn't lump this women in with all Thais. Yes, queuing can be different here but (at least in BKK) those who ignore proper queuing are looked down upon by locals too. However, they just don't let it ruin their day or make a scene. But I have noticed in the last year that Thai employees will either ignore offenders and move to the next person or point out there is a line. Also, customers seem more prone to point out there is a line to offenders. A few years back the offenders often got away with it without consequences except for having to live with themselves.

Edited by Nisa

Good story and I like the fact you didn't lump this women in with all Thais.

No I did not

But I had not mentioned what nationality she was at all

In fact she was Probably Thai Chinese.

But do we lump all Chinese Thai and Thai's together?

Nisa

You seem to like to point out "It Doesn't really seem to warrant a post"

But you seem to believe people need to read you verbal (written) diarrhoea /rants.

If you don't like my posts but feel the need to have to read them then it is not me that has the problem .. at least with this issue.

Why should we adjust our ways for the weak and slow-minded?

A fun game I like to play is letting the door, I've just gone through, slam close on the weak and slow minded. But why should we stop there. Lets all start pushing the slow old people down the flight of stairs when they walk too slow and we can easily get rid of the wheelchair bound from slowing the side walk traffic by pushing them into vehicle traffic. As for the mentally challenged... they are easy to get rid of because ... well, they are mentally challenged.

Naw I'm just bored on a Saturday night...

Obviously drinking too (LOL) since what you call "verbal diarrhoea /rants" appears to have come in response to complimenting and agreeing with you on one of your posts ;-)

I was just at a store today in the states and the same thing happened to me. I saw the new cashier

opening up, so I looked at all the people standing in >lines< and raised my hands in a go-for-it gesture.

To me that seems like the right thing to do.

Why is this a tread and did he mean....Don't have a clue or Cue ?

As far as I can tell from the OP, TAWP happened to have the good luck to walk by as a cashier was opening up a new line and proceeded to use it.

I wonder how many of his critics have had this happen at a supermarket or at immigration at the airport and have shouted out for everyone in other lines to come over and get in front of them. :whistling:

As far as I can tell from the OP, TAWP happened to have the good luck to walk by as a cashier was opening up a new line and proceeded to use it.

Actually his own words contradict your theory including his claimed knowledge of how long the complainer was already standing in line already as well as his saying he approached "another" cashier first. as well as his mentioning he felt the women thought his "moving to a newly opened cashier" was wrong. moved to as well as the OP indicating he might have allowed the women who was in line longer to go in front of him has she asked in a way he felt appropriate..

Edited by Nisa

Why should we adjust our ways for the weak and slow-minded?

A fun game I like to play is letting the door, I've just gone through, slam close on the weak and slow minded. But why should we stop there. Lets all start pushing the slow old people down the flight of stairs when they walk too slow and we can easily get rid of the wheelchair bound from slowing the side walk traffic by pushing them into vehicle traffic. As for the mentally challenged... they are easy to get rid of because ... well, they are mentally challenged.

Is your real name Darwin by any chance?

Actually his own words contradict your theory

I do not see that.

At a local Tesco store in Huai Kwang. Finished picking our stuff together and me and my gf approaches the cashiers.

Notice that there is a decent line but that another cashier is opening another one. So I walk to it and start to unpack.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Happens a lot in the Immigration lines.

Waiting for 20-30 minutes, still 7-8 infront of me.

Looking down at my passport for a moment, and they open another booth.

Loads of people behind me run towards the newly opened booth.

Annoying, but I have to accept it.

This is not a system, but first come first serve.

Me being pearshaped and unattractive should not have anything to do with it.