Nigerian, Ghanaian Citizens Arrested For Drug Trafficking In Bangkok

webfact

Nigerian, Ghanaian citizens arrested for drug trafficking

BANGKOK, June 11 -- Thai police have arrested two foreign men -- a Nigerian and a Ghanaian – and charged them with drug possession and trafficking, police said.

Police said they apprehended a 36-year-old Nigerian man identified as Michael Ankrah and Yeboh Eric, 38, of Ghana in front of a house in Bangkok’s Hua Mark district and seized five kilogrammes of cocaine hidden in condoms and wrapped with yellow plastics allegedly in their possession.

According to police, the duo swallowed 27 blocks of cocaine before travelling to Bangkok with the aim of selling to foreign tourists, especially Africans, around Sukhumvit Road and Bangkapi area. Police later went to search their hotel room on the outskirts of Bangkok and found eight bags containing crystal methamphetamine, also known as ‘ice,’ weighing over seven kilogrammes, Bt130,000 in cash and nearly 100 condoms which were used to smuggle in the cocaine.

Both suspects reportedly told police investigators that they had been in the drug trafficking business for more than a year and travelled to Thailand twice a month. They said they would buy garments from a market in the capital after selling the drugs and then sell them in Nigeria and Ghana.

Police said they had initially charged them with possession and sale of illegal drugs. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2011-06-11

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No suprise, walk around Suk early morning and you will see the Africans out in full force. Obviously these duo, missed a payment to the police.

Indeed. You sit and have a beer in the early hours of the morning on the side of the street, and they'll offer you drugs. No code words and no discreetness. Most of us, Thais and foreigners alike just complain about the 'Africans' selling drugs. Look at the big picture. They wouldn't be this open and brazen selling drugs in a country like Thailand if the police were not in on it.

Oh well, who wants the big fish anyway.

Say it ain't so Joe.

They are now POURING into Pattaya. Same thing, selling drugs.

And to agree with another poster, this wouldn't be taking place if the police were not in on it at some level.

And to agree with another poster, this wouldn't be taking place if the police were not in on it at some level.

Yeah, just look at the success the United States has had in preventing drug smuggling and dealing. Can be openly offered drugs and can see them being dealt in certain neighborhoods with no change for decades

No suprise, walk around Suk early morning and you will see the Africans out in full force. Obviously these duo, missed a payment to the police.

Indeed. You sit and have a beer in the early hours of the morning on the side of the street, and they'll offer you drugs. No code words and no discreetness. Most of us, Thais and foreigners alike just complain about the 'Africans' selling drugs. Look at the big picture. They wouldn't be this open and brazen selling drugs in a country like Thailand if the police were not in on it.

Drinking beer in the early morning hours on the side of the street doesn’t make anybody to a better person than somebody who’s using cocaine. I’m not talking about those who’re selling it.

We’re all allowed to drink ourselves stupid; we’ve got (foreigners living here) openly fights after too much alcohol, where Thais are laughing their asses off.

The consumption of Lao Khao, mostly in poor areas and villages is really deadly, but LEGAL?

Just because of the fact that lot of taxes is coming in? My point being is that drinking beer in the early morning hours doesn’t make you to a better person than anybody using illegal substances to get stoned.

Cheers-:jap:

7 kilo , 130,000b ,......... sounds a bit cheap to me ,........18,500b per kilo ??????? ,....... some tea money being shared around i think .

what? it said they found 7 kilos along with 130,000 baht in cash, you need to read it properly. "tea money" :cheesy: gotta love the hackneyed cliches on this forum.

7 kilo , 130,000b ,......... sounds a bit cheap to me ,........18,500b per kilo ??????? ,....... some tea money being shared around i think .

No , silly boy, read again, the police discovered almost 7 Kilos of "ice" AND 130,000 baht in cash.. Ice is $100,000 per Kilo wholesale.(US dollars) So I am informed by my kids..

Drinking beer in the early morning hours on the side of the street doesn't make anybody to a better person than somebody who's using cocaine. I'm not talking about those who're selling it.

We're all allowed to drink ourselves stupid; we've got (foreigners living here) openly fights after too much alcohol, where Thais are laughing their asses off.

The consumption of Lao Khao, mostly in poor areas and villages is really deadly, but LEGAL?

Just because of the fact that lot of taxes is coming in? My point being is that drinking beer in the early morning hours doesn't make you to a better person than anybody using illegal substances to get stoned.

Good Point A lot of people cast judgment whilst sucking down a drink whether it is a really awesome beer or some sort of cocktail, because it is legal. Old story but what if booze became illegal again would people that enjoy drinking besides the the one's whom are addicted still find a way to drink and support the ones selling? Again old story but possibly prevalent.

Drinking beer in the early morning hours on the side of the street doesn't make anybody to a better person than somebody who's using cocaine. I'm not talking about those who're selling it.

We're all allowed to drink ourselves stupid; we've got (foreigners living here) openly fights after too much alcohol, where Thais are laughing their asses off.

Just because of the fact that lot of taxes is coming in? My point being is that drinking beer in the early morning hours doesn't make you to a better person than anybody using illegal substances to get stoned.

Doesn't matter what you think is worse. At the end of the day, cocaine is illegal and drinking beer is not. I'd rather drink a couple of beers on the side of the road on a Sat night then sniff cocaine. What difference does it make what time it is?

Also, you shouldn't assume that everyone fights. Each to their own. I never fight when drunk. Much like many other people. We're allowed to drink ourselves stupid doesn't mean we have to. I certainly don't.

If people wanna do cocaine, up to them. If people wanna drink, up to them.

Doesn't matter what you think is worse. At the end of the day, cocaine is illegal and drinking beer is not. I'd rather drink a couple of beers on the side of the road on a Sat night then sniff cocaine. What difference does it make what time it is?

Also, you shouldn't assume that everyone fights. Each to their own. I never fight when drunk. Much like many other people. We're allowed to drink ourselves stupid doesn't mean we have to. I certainly don't.

If people wanna do cocaine, up to them. If people wanna drink, up to them.

Doesn’t matter what others think is worse. At the end of the day, pot is illegal and drinking Whiskey and other alcohol is legal.

The difference in having a beer in the early morning hours is just indicating that somebody obviously needs his/her booze.

Alcohol is destroying so many relationships, kills lots of people and it is indeed the main factor why people wanna fight.

I never assumed that everyone fights after too much liquor, but I’ve seen too many drunken fools here, topping locals in their behavior imitating Superdrunkman.

Guess I’ll have to drink a beer now...............:jap:

What utter nonsense being a drug addict is far far worse than being an alcoholic.

what? it said they found 7 kilos along with 130,000 baht in cash, you need to read it properly. "tea money" :cheesy: gotta love the hackneyed cliches on this forum.

Sometimes the comments made make me laugh...LOL.. :lol::lol::lol:

What utter nonsense being a drug addict is far far worse than being an alcoholic.

That's a particularly foolish statement.

An alcholic IS a drug addict. Just because alcohol's legal doen't mean it's not a drug.

When was the last time you heard of a bloke smoking a few joints and then going home to beat ten shades of schit outta the wife and kids ?

Now, repeat that question but substitute "smoking a few joints" for say, "drinking 10 beers".

<_<

Edited by HardenedSoul

Both suspects reportedly told police investigators that they had been in the drug trafficking business for more than a year and travelled to Thailand twice a month.

They caught them with five Kilo of Coke

Does that mean they did bring every Month up to 10 Kilo of Coke into Thailand and this for more then a year !!!

As I said previous No Visa on Arrival anymore for Black Africans. (Visa allowance only after Background Checks)

I m not a racist but I bet 8 out of 10 Nigerians etc coming to Thailand are crooks...

Both suspects reportedly told police investigators that they had been in the drug trafficking business for more than a year and travelled to Thailand twice a month.

Does that mean they did bring every Month up to 10 Kilo of Coke into Thailand and this for more then a year !!!

As I said previous No Visa on Arrival anymore for Black Africans. (Visa allowance only after Background Checks)

I m not a racist but I bet 8 out of 10 Nigerians etc coming to Thailand are crooks...

No-where is it implied that they bring in 5 kilo per time.

No-where is it implied that they bring in 5 kilo per time.

Ha you think the only brought a few Grams and that is the first time they did bring this quantity???

Don t think so

Nevermind anyway they will be gone for a long time .....

Ha you think the only brought a few Grams and that is the first time they did bring this quantity???

Don t think so

Nevermind anyway they will be gone for a long time .....

Try again:

- No-one can be swallowing 2.5kilo of Coke.

- The frequent amount of travel allows them to build a stash of drugs, hence the high amount of it.