Best Restaurants In Pattaya

deejah

Yes, on the paella, they don't do a size for one person. Only two. I suppose if you were three or four you could order 2 orders of the for 2 size, or if alone, they'd probably sell you the for 2 size if you insist, but won't scale it down.

This is fairly common, even in Europe, unless the paella happens to be the dish of the day and so has been made in quantity. It's simply because it's a total pain to make a small paella and as a rule it doesnt come out very well. Rather like making just one pancake.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite aware of that, but just providing info. For paellas in Pattaya, it's usually available for one person. Not that I've had a great paella in Pattaya at any place.

BTW, there is another paella place in Pattaya that I haven't tried yet. It's the French restaurant on Soi Yensabai, same soi as Volterra, to the left of the Belgian place. But it's by special order only (day before). Any reviews?

Kind of a fantasy but I recall some places on busy Madrid streets would just make HUGE batches of paella (openly displayed) and just sell portions on demand (and surprising good). What a concept. Kind of a good idea in a way because there it is, it looks delicious, you're hungry, voila, you're eating.

Anyway, another possible news flash. Read on a blog about Jomtien Complex that a place called the PIG & WHISTLE English food restaurant will be opening there in the next few months. No info on whether it is the same PIG that many of us know and like from Pattaya, but hope so, it would be a very welcome addition.

Edited by Jingthing

It's Zazza's or something, isn't it?

I'm pretty sure that one is shut. It was Euro food.

Antz is another one, mostly Thai food. I find it overpriced for what it is, under par farangasized Thai food with flaky service. The last time I was there, only customer, ordered two dishes, one came, waiting for the other, it never came. Guess the waiter thought I was too fat.

Olivier, it's pretty good for the price but the general agreement of the people I've gone there with is that the buffet foods which are included in the set meals are over salted and don't taste as good as they look. (To sell more drinks?) Also, I recall the nam soda is something like 60 baht, a tad rude.

Yep, that is the nature of all the buffets I have tried in the Jomten complex. Oliver's was not good. There is a funny common sign in the window of many Cambodian restaurants "Food tastes better than it looks".(and the food there is generally excellent). In Jomtien "Food tastes worse than it looks" would be more appropriate.

In Jomtien I will now only go to "Rich man/ Poor man" for an occasional western meal.

The paellas I've had before, at La Plancha and that place on Thepprasit, were for one on the menu but were really big enough for 2 people.

La Plancha also had Tapas on the menu but the owner (Spanish guy) told me it's a pain to do as he can't get the right ingredients and only does it on special order when he has a party booking so I never got to try it. It's closed down now too.

Edited by PattayaParent