Best Restaurants In Pattaya

deejah

For Thai food I would recommend Somsakdi's restaurant on soi 1. Quite popular but not too busy. It's open to the outside, but with a large roof over it, kind of like a large sala. Great food last time I was there and my British visitors loved it. Also for those who are a bit more adventurous, how about any of the street stalls or restaurants on soi 15, off Walking Street? Eat with the gogo girls and other sundry Thais and farangs. Great food at great prices too! Steer clear of the Nam Plaa, though, it will blow your head off!

How does fish sauce blow your head off :blink:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mantra (ala carte and special buffets)

Gians

Mata Hari

Steak place at Royal Cliff Hotel

Sunset drink at Hilton Hotel or Pattaya Beer Garden should not be missed.

Pass on floating market as it is a hideous tourist trap and completely boring. Nong Nuch garden much better option.

Good food in all those places but hideously priced

I reall don't think these places are hideously price - in fact imo I think good value. Considering what a visitor would pay at "home" these prices are resaonable.

Pattaya Beer Garden: hideously priced?

I like the Floating Market and do not it boring at all - good food, entertainment is free and a great place to wander around.

Thai food:

Aung Kam restaurant - 3rd Road next to Pattaya Driving Range (northern Thai food)

The street before Woodlands - directly opposite the barrier to Green Park Hotel - Thai food is superb (never remember the name)

Naklua - turn right on your way to Sanctuary of Truth (at V junction) and there are small great Thai food places there.

Jomtien Beach - right at the very end

Suttangrak - Jomtien Beach Road

Sad to say that I believe Aung Kam restaurant has been CLOSED for quite a long time now. It was one of my favorites and as far I know the only place in town to get a Lanna cuisine menu (not to mention the food was very good). So it's a huge loss for Pattaya. I wish I had plugged that place more if that would have helped. Oh well.

Mantra (ala carte and special buffets)

Gians

Mata Hari

Steak place at Royal Cliff Hotel

Sunset drink at Hilton Hotel or Pattaya Beer Garden should not be missed.

Pass on floating market as it is a hideous tourist trap and completely boring. Nong Nuch garden much better option.

Good food in all those places but hideously priced

I reall don't think these places are hideously price - in fact imo I think good value. Considering what a visitor would pay at "home" these prices are resaonable.

Pattaya Beer Garden: hideously priced?

I like the Floating Market and do not it boring at all - good food, entertainment is free and a great place to wander around.

Thai food:

Aung Kam restaurant - 3rd Road next to Pattaya Driving Range (northern Thai food)

The street before Woodlands - directly opposite the barrier to Green Park Hotel - Thai food is superb (never remember the name)

Naklua - turn right on your way to Sanctuary of Truth (at V junction) and there are small great Thai food places there.

Jomtien Beach - right at the very end

Suttangrak - Jomtien Beach Road

Sad to say that I believe Aung Kam restaurant has been CLOSED for quite a long time now. It was one of my favorites and as far I know the only place in town to get a Lanna cuisine menu (not to mention the food was very good). So it's a huge loss for Pattaya. I wish I had plugged that place more if that would have helped. Oh well.

I didn't realise it was closed - it also had cooking classes there where I used to send a lot of people. Must take more notice!!

For Thai food I would recommend Somsakdi's restaurant on soi 1. Quite popular but not too busy. It's open to the outside, but with a large roof over it, kind of like a large sala. Great food last time I was there and my British visitors loved it. Also for those who are a bit more adventurous, how about any of the street stalls or restaurants on soi 15, off Walking Street? Eat with the gogo girls and other sundry Thais and farangs. Great food at great prices too! Steer clear of the Nam Plaa, though, it will blow your head off!

He probably meant nam pla prik which I guess you could consider spicy if you're not used to Thai food.

He probably meant nam pla prik which I guess you could consider spicy if you're not used to Thai food.

I guessed that Phil, just being facetious as I hate it when people try to show off their Thai skills on here and get the meaning completely wrong :whistling:

Pattaya beer garden is a good place for a drink and I have eaten there a few times but the food is only average but it is also reasonably cheap.

Marine Seafood is good if you want cheap seafood without the view.

SeaZone on Walking St is always reasonably good with good views.

I like the Japanese places in Central Fuji and Zen.

Mantra is good for cocktails and if you are feeling wealthy their aa la carte menu is pretty good with the best Indian food I have eaten in Thailand.

I would say that if you want to take them somewhere original then try the Thai buffet steamboat place on South Rd, one block beyond Third Rd.

180B per person, plus drinks. Tasty, fun, good value (and also unusual if you come from half-way round the world). The ingredients are all Thai but if anyone doesnt like spicy things then it can be treated rather like a normal BBQ just by not adding the spicy sauces. So pretty suitable for anyone, even those who dont eat meat.

I wasnt aware that Walking Street contained any type of establishment that is worth visiting for any reason, except perhaps to use the toilets in an emergency. Walking Street is hideously overpriced and soooo boring. Cant imagine why anyone goes there.

steamboat on pattaya thai rd

when you say one black beyond 3rd rd

does that mean past third rd heading to sukumvit?

on the left or right side (south or north) please

walking st is a novelty worth seeing one time

family actually liked it

thanks

BTW there is a con nom jeem shop on third rd

near the wat

i highly recommend for local flavor literally and ...

Head out for late Breakfast - shenanigans.

Take the mother out for a bit of shopping in the avo - central with a few beers along the way. Soi 7.

Foot massage late afternoon - on the beach - manicure etc.

Dinner in : Cabagge's and Condoms Phratamnak soi 4. Rimpa Limpin for sea views - 12km along Sukvt towards Ban Suray.

rimpa limpin

is that a restaurant?

how might i find it

landmarks?

on the beach or other side of suk

what does it look like etc...

thanks

fyi and btw

so far

ate at flare in hilton

great ambiance, good food, excellent service, high prices

also we ate at bali high sunset restaurant south of the lighthouse

fantastic ambiance right on the water

food very good about 1/2 price to flare

not typically cheap thai food

3 people ate for 6 :rolleyes: for 2000 baht

had plenty of farang food too

there is a less fancy i think thai place right near there perhaps a bit cheaper

you can not beat the location

lovely location !!!!

Head out for late Breakfast - shenanigans.

Take the mother out for a bit of shopping in the avo - central with a few beers along the way. Soi 7.

Foot massage late afternoon - on the beach - manicure etc.

Dinner in : Cabagge's and Condoms Phratamnak soi 4. Rimpa Limpin for sea views - 12km along Sukvt towards Ban Suray.

rimpa limpin

is that a restaurant?

how might i find it

landmarks?

on the beach or other side of suk

what does it look like etc...

thanks

It's out beyond Ambassador and Ocean Marina. There's a big blue sign saying Rimpa Lapin on the left as you're heading towards Pattaya on Sukhumvit but it is hard to spot.

I would say that if you want to take them somewhere original then try the Thai buffet steamboat place on South Rd, one block beyond Third Rd.

180B per person, plus drinks. Tasty, fun, good value (and also unusual if you come from half-way round the world). The ingredients are all Thai but if anyone doesnt like spicy things then it can be treated rather like a normal BBQ just by not adding the spicy sauces. So pretty suitable for anyone, even those who dont eat meat.

I wasnt aware that Walking Street contained any type of establishment that is worth visiting for any reason, except perhaps to use the toilets in an emergency. Walking Street is hideously overpriced and soooo boring. Cant imagine why anyone goes there.

steamboat on pattaya thai rd

when you say one black beyond 3rd rd

does that mean past third rd heading to sukumvit?

on the left or right side (south or north) please

walking st is a novelty worth seeing one time

family actually liked it

thanks

BTW there is a con nom jeem shop on third rd

near the wat

i highly recommend for local flavor literally and ...

Yes, past 3rd Rd. heading towards Suk on the right (South).

Agree that khannom Jin place is very good.

update

thanks all for the suggestions

we ate again at hilton

this time the buffet restaurant i think named edge

you can order or eat buffet 750 or 800 i forgot

this must be the place someone raved about for lunch buffet at 300 baht

even for 800 baht it was phenomenal

all i can say is go early and stay late

fantastic food

excellent sushi AND shasimi

excellent salad bar over stocked with variety

great thai food

great western food

shrimp and muscles

4 diff cheeses many breads

super dessert bar

i did not have the time or stomach to try it all

There's a Thai food place oppisite Soi Khao Talo. Its on Sukumvit road at the junction of the said soi. If you were driving out of Soi Khao Talo on to sukumvit and turning right, directly on your left there is a little road, turn in there and park.

I have only seen two falang eating in there and i go there a lot. Very cheap, service is very good. Only problem is the menu's are in thai. But i bet they would translate for you and there are pictures next to the names of most of the food. Makes my mouth water just thinking about that place. My Thai wife loves that place two due to the food tasting so good.

I might be wrong but i think its shut during the day. We normally get there about 6pm and its open.

I would recommend the place to anyone.

:jap:

If you go on google maps and zoom in to Soi Khao Talo. Have sukhumvit road running down the middle and you will see the said soi on the right. oppisite on the left if you have zoomed in enough you will see 3 buildings in a u shape, one roof is yellow and the other two are a kind of green. You can just make out all the tables in the middle.

Edited by dean999

update

thanks all for the suggestions

we ate again at hilton

this time the buffet restaurant i think named edge

you can order or eat buffet 750 or 800 i forgot

this must be the place someone raved about for lunch buffet at 300 baht

even for 800 baht it was phenomenal

all i can say is go early and stay late

fantastic food

excellent sushi AND shasimi

excellent salad bar over stocked with variety

great thai food

great western food

shrimp and muscles

4 diff cheeses many breads

super dessert bar

i did not have the time or stomach to try it all

oh and pizza too

warning

some items may contain MSG

warning #2:

eat all the items and you can rent yourself out as a stand-in BLIMP at next year's Thanksgiving Day Parade

(been there and I agree- it's super!)

B)

Hi ,, For English breakfasts I would rate 1/ Sports Lounge, up the bhudda hill on the left before the tourist police station,,,, 2/ Rich man Poor Man - jomtiem beach,, 3/ caddyshack....

For Thai food ,, 1/ Ruang Thip,,,,, 2/ Oscars, down siam country club road ,,,, but its been a good few months since we visited these..

I am surprised nobody has mentioned Preecha...its the best seafood in Pattaya although it is about 10-15 minutes out of town in Ban Amphur...go around 6 oclock as they run out of food and its right on the water..great family style eating..everything is live in the tanks and their preparations are the best. Lots of different things to try and its about 300-500 baht per person depending on how much shellfish you order..a great place to take tourists as the crowd is 95% thai...can get very busy on the weekends with the Bangkok crowd

fyi and btw

so far

ate at flare in hilton

great ambiance, good food, excellent service, high prices

also we ate at bali high sunset restaurant south of the lighthouse

fantastic ambiance right on the water

food very good about 1/2 price to flare

not typically cheap thai food

3 people ate for 6 :rolleyes: for 2000 baht

had plenty of farang food too

there is a less fancy i think thai place right near there perhaps a bit cheaper

you can not beat the location

lovely location !!!!

Usually very quiet there. Nice to have the place to myself, but on the other side I like a place to be busy so that food isn't sitting around waiting for customers. The other place has good food, but a few too many flies and people smoking next to you.

I guessed that Phil, just being facetious as I hate it when people try to show off their Thai skills on here and get the meaning completely wrong :whistling:

Of course I meant Nam Plaa, prick.

Just come back from a brief trip to Pattaya. The breakfast i had at the Pig and Whistle was the best breakfast i've eaten in LOS and not expensive.

The sunday roast was also very good and at 200 baht again great value for money.

Leng kee on pattaya klang,good chinese restaurant ,

whit fried Duck and garlink at 120 bath!!

i am intrigued to know which bit kamluan felt necessary to edit. :rolleyes:

(I agree Leng Kee is very good value and decent quality.)

Leng kee on pattaya klang,good chinese restaurant ,

whit fried Duck and garlink at 120 bath!!

i am intrigued to know which bit kamluan felt necessary to edit. :rolleyes:

(I agree Leng Kee is very good value and decent quality.)

i wrote chicken...but ment Duck...lol

One post removed from view, please see Thai Visa rule number:

6) Not to post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

My last a la carte meal at Cherry's was anything but impressive. The toasted bread offered did not begin to disguise the advanced staleness. A soup dish had no flavor at all. A pasta dish didn't include anything more than a small hint of an expensive ingredient highlighted on the menu and filling tasted like it wasn't freshly cooked (though the pasta shell itself was good). The price wasn't bad. Maybe the buffet is better. I can't really believe though that Cherry's cuts it as best in town, good value perhaps, but if a restaurant serving what they sold me is on a best in town list, that's a very sad eating town.

Edited by Jingthing