One Way Ticket To Bangkok

Depends what the OP means by:
I shall Get myself another prepaid visa,

Ooooops I missed that Axel :o

Hi Dr Pat Pong and Axel,

I'm going to get my self a prepaid tourist visa the one where you enter with them stamping you in for 60 days and then depend on how many amounts of £25 you pay ontop depends on how many time when you do you visa stamp they will stamp you in for another 60 days, so in thereoy if I add anoth £50 i should be able to get stamped in twice for for a total of 120 days after my inital 60day :D

So in the all being so whats your opions on the Thai Air staff questioning me why I only have a one way tickect, I should be abl to say I have a visa already?

Look forward to your replies Ash :D

With visa's in your passport, you should not have a problem with a one way ticket.

I flew last December to Bangkok with a one-way ticket. I am holding a business visa. I double checked everything with the Thai embassy before I purchased my one-way ticket.

When I got to the check in (in Amsterdam), Finair (the Airline I flew) saw in that I only had a one way ticket. The nice lady at the checkin counter probably paid a lot of attention in her marketing classes, because she refused to check me in without purchasing a return ticket. Corporate policy she said.

Of course I refused this but it took me a while before finally a supervisor gave me the clear to go. In Bangkok I had no problems or what so ever.

I thought it was standard proceedure for the airline to possibly/probably refuse you to board on a one way ticket without a valid visa - ie, you're entering on 30 days.

Imm at BKK airport are always "the last line of defence", but I would doubt you'd have trouble with a tourist visa.

As has been pointed out numerous times on this forum, the onus passed to the carrier quite a while ago. If they let you board under these visa circumstances and you're refused entry, I think they're obliged to take you back from whence you came.

I thought it was standard proceedure for the airline to possibly/probably refuse you to board on a one way ticket without a valid visa - ie, you're entering on 30 days.

If they let you board under these visa circumstances and you're refused entry, I think they're obliged to take you back from whence you came.

I looked it up now and Thailand’s Immigration Act confirms what you say:

Section 55 : Aliens being deported under this Act shall be sent back by any conveyance or route as the competent official may consider appropriate. The expense of deportation shall be charged to the owner or person in charge of the conveyance which brought the alien into the Kingdom...

<Source: Immigration Act B.E. 2522>

Hi

I have just recieved this email from Thai Air reservations :D

Thank you for your email.

As long as you have a valid visa for the entire length of your stay Thai Airways do not require you to complete any further actions with us. However, the airport may ask you to sign a disclaimer as you experienced before.

Kind regards,

Joanna, Thai Reservations

Well with this Email I'm sure I shall be fine with my 90 day tourist visa :o

Dear agsnowdon.

There is no such thing as a 90 day tourist visa.

No airport will request a disclaimer in any circumstance. They are not liable.

Anyway, as you have a one way ticket how on earth do Thai Airlines know you have a visa to cover the entire length of your stay?

If you hold a valid Thai visa you do not require a return ticket.

HOWEVER in certain circumstances airlines and railways are responsible for repatriation of passengers denied entry (includes Thailand) and can be fined (don't know if includes Thailand). So if you hold a one way or return ticket and look iffy an airline may well be suspicous. Possession of a return ticket does not of itself guarantee entry.

Thosands, if not tens of thousands,.of intercontinental journey air passengers travel every day with one way tickets. So sit back, relax and enjoy the flight.

I

Dear agsnowdon.

There is no such thing as a 90 day tourist visa.

No airport will request a disclaimer in any circumstance. They are not liable.

Anyway, as you have a one way ticket how on earth do Thai Airlines know you have a visa to cover the entire length of your stay?

If you hold a valid Thai visa you do not require a return ticket.

HOWEVER in certain circumstances airlines and railways are responsible for repatriation of passengers denied entry (includes Thailand) and can be fined (don't know if includes Thailand). So if you hold a one way or return ticket and look iffy an airline may well be suspicous. Possession of a return ticket does not of itself guarantee entry.

Thosands, if not tens of thousands,.of intercontinental journey air passengers travel every day with one way tickets. So sit back, relax and enjoy the flight.

I

Ok I'll sit back and relax. The 90 day tourist visa I am reffering to is...

Tourist Visa £ 25 per entry (Up to 4 entries/ 60 days per entry/ single entry has 3 months validity/more than one entry has 6 months validity.

Source Thai Visa App Form

So you can enter on 60 days then go to the border and stamp for a further 30 days or 60 days depending on hw many amounts of £25 you pay.

I have have heard it called a 90 day tourist visa many a time, anyhow :D

Thanks for your up lifting comment tho, I shall now endevour to sit back and relax till the 3rd December where I shall be doing 12 hours of sitting back!

:o

You can of course enter for 60 days, get a 30day extension at any immigration office, do a border run and repeat the process.

By the way don't expect to get a cheap tickets on Thai back to London in Thailand.

They ain't cheap. There are bargain fares provided you change planes on route.

Yeah, but all depends on who you know :o

My last return was with Thai Air purchased in thailand got it for 20'000 BHT bargain like I said its who you know.

Anyway I think this threads had its day now but if not catch you soon

Thanks to eeryone for posts.

Ash :D

Yeah, but all depends on who you know :D

My last return was with Thai Air purchased in thailand got it for 20'000 BHT bargain like I said its who you know.

I may be a little misguided but I thought Thai were supposed to stop selling very cheap tickets in London after the sh@t hit the fan in the profit down grade scandle earlier this year. :o

Yeah, but all depends on who you know :D

I may be a little misguided but I thought Thai were supposed to stop selling very cheap tickets in London after the sh@t hit the fan in the profit down grade scandle earlier this year. :o

Sorry,

I meant that I brought a one way ticket to return to England in Thailand and cost 20'000 BHT

I also got a good deal for my one way ticket to Thailand with Thai Air on 3rd december 05 £350 through www.airline-network.co.uk

So I think I have done alright to get myself a filght for that. :D