What Do You Do With Your Household Rubbish?

kunash

My girlfriend pays a small amount every few months for the bin men to collect our rubbish every week. But in our road, we are the only ones who have bins ( it seems ). I never notice any neighbours burning their rubbish, - I never smell any smoke - . My house can get through 2 large bags a week of rubbish, so I am thinking what do my neighbours do with their rubbish? ( and no!!! they dont put it in my bin lol ). And what do you do with your rubbish?

I seldom have any rubbish. I only eat fresh fruit and vegetables or what I catch and kill. Any of the plastic bags I have get re-used until they finally break. What little I have goes into my hotel's garbage can when I'm in Thailand, or in my garbage can in Canada. I seldom have more than one or two small bags of garbage a week.

I seldom have any rubbish. I only eat fresh fruit and vegetables or what I catch and kill. Any of the plastic bags I have get re-used until they finally break. What little I have goes into my hotel's garbage can when I'm in Thailand, or in my garbage can in Canada. I seldom have more than one or two small bags of garbage a week.

we try to keep the rubbish to a minimum

we feed our dogs and chickens (they are not choosy), we burn what can be burned safely, and we leave the plastic, glass, batteries and metal to the ampur. They burn / bulldozer it. Not our karma......

Read this Ian, might make you change your habits.

dangers of re-using plastic bags

In the Moo Baan, they collect it every second day... and the maintenance guys are cleaning the streets every morning,

Recently, each household agreed to use two different bins, including one for recycling.

And it's a 15 years old estate community, with 95% of Thai residents... :)

In Taipei we had rubbish collections six nights a week. On alternate nights, they would collect either drinks containers (segregated into plastic bottles and cans) or paper and cardboard (segregated). Every night they also collected landfill (only if packed into prepaid taxed bags, obtainable at 7-11 and other places), pigswill (foodwaste) and compost (garden waste, peelings etc).

Its unfortunate that raw materials are so plentiful as to render recycling economically unattractive, unless its forced on people

SC

Wow...I reuse the plastic bottles to keep cold water in. Never drink out of them, just store them after refilling in the fridge. Maybe I should change to glass?

In the Moo Baan, they collect it every second day... and the maintenance guys are cleaning the streets every morning,

Recently, each household agreed to use two different bins, including one for recycling.

And it's a 15 years old estate community, with 95% of Thai residents... :)

It has been hard for me not to have a recycle bin. BUT! Our trash guys go through every bin and take out all the glass, metal and cardboard. So I guess it gets recycled in a round about way?

That article is written buy someone who also writes articles on religion and addictions.

I dont see any proof and basically anyone can write anything on here.

I am sure their is many other articles countering his argument too.

Any food leftovers go to housekeeper's pigs and chickens.

Other plant matter to compost.

Metal, plastic, glass, paper to recycle van that visits about once every 2 weeks.

Anything left goes to garbage collection which collects every morning around 5am.

Everyone has a bin on my street and I live in the out parts of Bangkok.

The garbage man come and collects our rubbish.

lol where else would it go?

Although I had a friend in Rangsit who's condo is next to a vacant block, the vacant block has long grass and hundreds of plastic bags. He told me people hurl them out the window. After 15 beers each we had a go to see who could get the furthest. Shame he only had 2 bags of rubbish.

Edited by WebBangkok

That article is written buy someone who also writes articles on religion and addictions.

I dont see any proof and basically anyone can write anything on here.

I am sure their is many other articles countering his argument too.

I think Ians longevity pretty much counters the argument as well.

I separate everything for the local recyclers and give it to them.

Ver y little left after that. I NEVER burn anything, compost vegetable and yard waste and throw out a small bag a week chicken bones and bathroom tissue waste mostly.

I get depressed when I see most people's attitude toward garbage, to little respect for Mother Earth. I re use plastic bags and then compress them for recycling, too.

I separate everything for the local recyclers and give it to them.

Ver y little left after that. I NEVER burn anything, compost vegetable and yard waste and throw out a small bag a week chicken bones and bathroom tissue waste mostly.

I get depressed when I see most people's attitude toward garbage, to little respect for Mother Earth. I re use plastic bags and then compress them for recycling, too.

Problem is, cat 5 and above plastics cannot be recycled so get left behind or go into dumps.

Probably not a good idea to drink any water here then - it is pumped in via the blue "Hormone Estrogen leaking" pipes, most of the bottled water is in plastic....what can you do to prevent yourself growing a pair of tits?

Drink Chang! 6.4% alcohol - kills 99% of all known germs.

You people really worry too much - I have lived here for going on 8 years, I have drank the water from my ground well, fed to me via my 2" blue plastic pipes, and in ten years my cock has only shrunk by three inches and I am now a 38DD instead of a 34C, bunch of whimps!

In Bangkok garbages are collected every two days. Garbage men sort out whatever can be recycled (reselled wink.gif).

In Isaan, our house is in the middle of nowhere so no garbage collection. All food stuff are either given to the dogs or the chicken or for compost. A neighbor collect all the plastic bottles. And there is a collection point in the village nearby where we drop all the other stuffs.

I think Ians longevity pretty much counters the argument as well.

:lol: :lol:

I was going to say the same thing. I think I'm past worrying about preservatives and pesticides in my food or the slight chance that some faint amount of a chemical off a plastic bag or bottle is going to hurt me. The secret to long life is to pick parents who live into their nineties. :D 90% of it is genetic.

We have binmen in our village collects Tuesdays and Saturdays, 2 young girls come around the Village every 6 months to collect the 120 baht fee @ 20 baht per month.

Unwanted or broken stuff, appears there are 3 different pickups that collect per month, some even pay me to take things away :) [The different Pond pumps that stop working + glass + cardboard boxes] but a big old sofa broken and worm eaten charge was 100 baht to take away.

In this small town if you live on the main frontage road you get a pink wheely bin (yes just like the pink t-shirts), if you are living down the soi's its a yellow wheely bin.

We share a bin with our neighbours and pay 20 Baht a month, and the bin is emptied daily, a nice touch from the tessabaan is that the towns solitary fire engine comes around every 6 weeks or so and a bunch of guys hose out the bins.

Thai bin men seem to have no qualms about what rubbish goes in the truck, I noticed a dead dog had been placed next to the bins one day and they just picked it up and chucked it in the back of the garbage truck.