Nodes

1Gringo

nodes are growths on the vocal chords. in general, they prevent the chords from closing.

1Gringo - what's a node , and where are yours?

Don't wan't to get too personal but it might help get some responses to your query.

Cheers.

Actually "nodes" mean lymph nodes or sometimes other nodular growths and can be anywhere on the body, so the further explanation was definitely needed.

I take it you had this before and they were found to be benign?

I would personally opt for Bangkok over Chiang Mai but if you are set on doing this in Chiang Mai the only place you should consider is Sri Pat ("Suan Doc" - part of CMU). You want a head & neck surgeon, preferrably one with training and board certification in a western country although i don't know if that will be possible to find up there, would be in Bkk.

unfortunately there is not ,so far as I have ever been able to discover, an online directory whereby you can look up the docs on staff at Sri Pat. So your best bet is to go over there and talk with the nurses in the ENT clinic, asking specifically for a good head & neck surgeon who speaks English fluently and, if possible, had some training abroad.

ah, thanks.

yes, I've had them removed before and they are on the vocal chords and yes, they were benign.

I dread a trip to BKK and would rather have it done here, but more than that, I want it done right or I might end up speechless.

they took the last one(s) off with a lasar and no side effects other than the prohibition against speaking for a couple of days, as I remember.

I will check out your recommendations and then decide.

really appreciate the tips.

Actually "nodes" mean lymph nodes or sometimes other nodular growths and can be anywhere on the body, so the further explanation was definitely needed.

I take it you had this before and they were found to be benign?

I would personally opt for Bangkok over Chiang Mai but if you are set on doing this in Chiang Mai the only place you should consider is Sri Pat ("Suan Doc" - part of CMU). You want a head & neck surgeon, preferrably one with training and board certification in a western country although i don't know if that will be possible to find up there, would be in Bkk.

unfortunately there is not ,so far as I have ever been able to discover, an online directory whereby you can look up the docs on staff at Sri Pat. So your best bet is to go over there and talk with the nurses in the ENT clinic, asking specifically for a good head & neck surgeon who speaks English fluently and, if possible, had some training abroad.