Chiang Rai Hotel At Walking Distance From Old Bus Station And Bazaar In The Center, Do You Know Any ?

frenchfarangjomtien

Between the bus station and the night market is a guest house. I stayed there in Mar. for a few nights it is clean and fine about 900baht a night. Its walking distance to down town as well. Cannot remember the name. But get off bus and look north and there it is.

Old Bus Station is adjacent to the nite bizare.

Budget Hotels in the same area as the nite bizzare are the North Hotel (just east of the nite bizzare), and City Home (west of nite bizzare on the main road). 500 or less a nite

Many Budget Guest houses on Jed Yhod Road (next small soi West of the main road) (Farang bars located on that road as well as the Jed Yhod Temple and new Clock Tower). 250-500 a nite.

Diamond Park Hotel (south about 250 meterson the main road near nite bizzare). 700 ish a nite.

Plenty more nice and nicer hotels and cheaper but a bit further than you have asked for.

If you want upper class, two hotels: Wang Come, and the other I forget the name but similar to Wang Come.

Both close to the nite Bizzare. Both are multi story larger hotels. 1,000-2,500 per nite.

Star Bright hotel (on the soi connecting the night bizzare and Jed Yhod Road) about 1,000 maybe little less.

Edited by KimoMax

Buses Chiang Rai to Chiang Khong about every half hour or so.

First bus, not sure, but early in the morning.

Last bus, around 5:45PM (long route).

65 baht - short route - 2-1/2hours.

70 baht - long route (via Thoeng)- 3-1/2hours.

I've stayed at the North Hotel and whilst it was ok, it was nothing special and it was more like 1000 baht than 500 :)

I can recommend the Diamond Park Inn, it was recommended to me and it was perfect, rooms much nicer and bigger than the North Hotel and maybe a 5 minute walk from the bus station? Which is right where the night bazaar is.

As for a shuttle, the only shuttle is the 200 baht taxi ride from the airport :)

I've used the buses from there quite a lot to get up to Chiang Saen (37 baht) never taken one as far as Chiang Kong though.

Have a nice trip :)

edit, Diamond Park Inn number is 053 752789 we called them the night before and booked 3 rooms over the phone, no problem.

Edited by bifftastic