Playmate breaks up with Hugh Hefner, days before wedding

News_Editor

Playmate breaks up with Hugh Hefner, days before wedding

2011-06-15 03:44:25 GMT+7 (ICT)

LOS ANGELES (BNO NEWS) -- Playmate Crystal Harris on Tuesday said she has decided to end her engagement with Playboy founder Hugh Hefner, just four days before the wedding.

Harris, 25, and Hefner, 85, announced their engagement in late December 2010 after nearly two years of dating. Harris is best known for being Playboy's 'Playmate of the Month' in December 2009 but also for her appearances on E!'s 'The Girls Next Door.'

Hefner had proposed to Harris on Christmas Eve at the Playboy Mansion in Los Angeles. He did so after watching the 2010 movie 'The Tourist', which stars Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie.

"After the movie tonight, Crystal and I exchanged gifts. I gave Crystal a ring. A truly memorable Christmas Eve," Hefner wrote on his Twitter account on Christmas Eve. He later added: "When I gave Crystal the ring, she burst into tears. This is the happiest Christmas weekend in memory."

But it was not clear until two days later that Hefner had proposed to Harris. "Yes, the ring I gave Crystal is an engagement ring. I didn't mean to make a mystery out of it. A very merry Christmas to all," he said on December 26.

But in an unexpected statement on Tuesday, Harris said she has decided to call off the wedding. "After much deep reflection and thought I have decided to end my engagement with Hef. I have the utmost respect for Hef and wish him the best going forward," the Playmate, who has now reportedly left the Playboy Mansion, said. "I hope the media will give each of us the privacy we deserve during this time."

Separately, Hefner also confirmed their breakup, but gave no other details. "The wedding is off. Crystal has had a change of heart," he said in a brief update on his Twitter profile.

Saturday's wedding was supposed to be the third for Hefner, and the event was to be aired on television in July. He first married Northwestern University student Mildred Williams in 1949 and had two children with her until they divorced in 1959. Then in 1989, Hefner married Playmate Kimberley Conrad whom he also had two children with. They separated in 1998.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-06-15

• 1 month later...

in terms of the headline - that is something she can be forever grateful for

Runaway bride: 'I've never seen Hef naked'

Wednesday Jul 27, 2011

SCCZEN_AP110615131655_460x230.JPG

The 24-year-old runaway bride of Playboy founder Hugh Hefner has dished the dirt on life with her ex - and it's not pretty.

Crystal Harris spoke about life with the 85-year-old in an interview with American shock-jock Howard Stern.

Harris left Hefner and his Playboy Mansion five days before their planned June 18 wedding.

She claimed the pair only had sex once during their two-year relationship, and that it lasted "like about two seconds."

"Then I was just over it," she says. "I was like, 'Ahhh.' I was over it. I just like, walked away. I'm not turned on by Hef, sorry."

"He doesn't really take off his clothes," Harris says. "I've never seen Hef naked."

Edited by Atmos

I saw a TV interview with Hef recently. The interviewer asked him whether he's a better lover than he was as a young man, and he waxed loquacious for a minute, saying something about "you know, when you get older, you learn a few added tricks about how to turn a woman on......." Well, Hef, 2 seconds doesn't sound like something to brag about, and if 2 seconds is a better performance than when you were a young stud, then good luck to you, elder dude.

a quote from Hefner in today's news; I wonder how long the game of dominoes lasted?

"I'm happy to be in a better place with new girlfriends (Miss January 2011) Anna Sophia Berglund & Shera Bechard," he tweeted, adding that he had won Tuesday evening's game of dominoes at his Playboy Mansion home.

- Reuters

• 2 months later...

He's having sex at the age of 85? What is he on? My BS alarm is ringing.

I'll bet she dumped him after he insisted on a prenup meaning she'd have to close her eyes and have sex with him while she could be building an acting/modelling career.