Tv Doggy Behavoiur

ezzra

Hi,

Maybe it is just me or TV website is at time behaving strangely, like can't highlight and copy

any text in the forums, and it always keep informing me that some add-on needed to use

this website but would not tell which one,,I'm using IE8 with Vista..

Thanks,

Hi

No, I haven't had those problems but then I don't use IE at all. What kind of addons is it saying you need? Have you tried using a different browser to see if the problems persist?

Why doesnt someone download I.E.8 at T.V.and see for themselves. It works perfectly on other sites.I get exactly the same as ezzra. I note many posters have the same problem,dont you have a wizz kid. there..It doesnt say what add ons failed to run.

I don't have a Vista machine, I just tried using IE 8 and could copy paste and got no error messages.

Often these things are machine specific and it is something with the user's computer. Hence the question does this error reproduce on another browser, what error message do you receive and surely it says what addons are necessary?

I have the same problem as ezzra with the imformation bar.

It does not tell me anything but there is an error notice in the left side

of the task bar that tells me this

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB6.3; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)

Timestamp: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 09:30:33 UTC

Line: 1128

Char: 1

Code: 0

URI: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=new_posts&search_app=forums

Kevin

Edited by kevjohn

This is another error that I get all the time

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB6.3; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)

Timestamp: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 09:42:44 UTC

Line: 782

Char: 35

Code: 0

URI: http://static.thaivisa.com/forum/public/min/index.php?charset=iso-8859-1&f=public/js/ipb.js,public/js/ips.quickpm.js,public/js/ips.hooks.js,public/js/ips.board.js,cache/lang_cache/1/ipb.lang.js

Kevin

Why doesnt someone download I.E.8 at T.V.and see for themselves. It works perfectly on other sites.I get exactly the same as ezzra. I note many posters have the same problem,dont you have a wizz kid. there..It doesnt say what add ons failed to run.

edit

Maybe not...

This is Fun, Poor Suckers Donkey thinks so. Mine still burps. An add-on for this website failed to run.Check the security settings in internet options for potential conflicts. Well, am i supposed to check 50 P.Cs that all give the same message.but no other sites burp.

For the last few days I've noticed the same behavior. Cannot highlight any text on Thai Visa.

There is one exception, and that is the text in the add at the top of the page, to the right of the THAI VISA Forum logo.

That text, and the links, can for some reason be marked and copied.

Don't have this problem on any other sites that I visit.

Tried it on two separate machines, both running Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit and IE 9.

Don't have a different browser to check with, but from reading the other posts, this seems to be an IE and Thai Visa issue.

There was a larger Windows update about a week ago to IE, that could have something to do with the now seen problem.

Yup, still have that problem too, cannot do searches/translations since highlighting doesn't work, nor copying and therefor no pasting either.

Checked settings, deleted the cache contents, checked PC settings but nothing seems to make a difference. With me it is just the Thai-visa site, so getting another browser is out of the question.

IE9 works fine for me on windows7, not even sure it is caused by IE9 since there is no problem with the same stuff on other websites.

Good find MTH, about the part that does respond to the right click, maybe it will tell some whizkid something. It is not a matter of life/death, just annoying.

Tv People, you must do somthing as the problem still presist, i have upgraded to

IE9 and no help, this problem is only on TV website, as i get "an ad on for this site failed to run"

what is it all about??

Tv People, you must do somthing as the problem still presist, i have upgraded to

IE9 and no help, this problem is only on TV website, as i get "an ad on for this site failed to run"

what is it all about??

I've forwarded this on to the webguy. What happens if you try using a different browser or are you absolutely committed to using only IE?

Thanks for passing it on sbk. It's an annoyance and should be fixed for us IE users.

I don't understand why we should have to install a different browser, just for having full functionality on TV.

Instead, I'd suggest that your web developers test out updates on all major browsers, and not just the one(s) that they prefer.

You can also pass on to the devs that during the time a page is loading in IE, marking and copying of text is possible.

After the page is fully loaded, the functionality is gone.

what is it all about??

I've forwarded this on to the webguy. What happens if you try using a different browser or are you absolutely committed to using only IE?

I have tried it on a Win7 with IE8 on the same machine and it works fine, could it be that IE9 doesn't

agree with TV or vise versa?

I believe its an IE9 issue, I have IE 8 on a Win7 and don't have this issue when I tried it out.

TBh, I never use IE as other browsers are far better, easier to use, less buggy and more flexible. But then that is my choice.

Anyway, its been passed on, it may not be fixable, I don't know. But will remind them again that this appears to be an IE9 only issue.